Fathoms, Paradise Island

Atlantis Resort

• olgaehr's Profile Photo

Fathoms: Great Atmosphere

by olgaehr Written Oct 31, 2007

The food was ok. You mainly just eat there and pay the price for the surrounding underwater aquarium.

They have a couple of dancing and fire shows while you eat. They might pick you out to do some dancing routine (just how i was pulled into it)

Favorite Dish: Conch Salad.

DO NOT get mango flan. I ordered it despite my husband's protest and it was awful (gritty). But I was too proud to admit that it was bad so i had to eat the entire thing, lol

• XanderDone's Profile Photo

Shark Bites: American food with a Bahamian twist

by XanderDone Updated Jun 24, 2005

Shark Bites

Here, you will find a lot of American foods with strange ingredients added in there for a little different "kick." All in all, it was pretty good, nothing really amazing, but we were still satisfied, nonetheless.

Favorite Dish: I can't really say that I had a favorite dish, as I only had one thing: a hamburger, medium rare. The Bahamians know their medium rare! I was very impressed by how good the meat was, and I thought that it was a very wonderful meal, because in the States you just can't order medium rare, and it was great to be able to have food the way I like it.

• AliasGirl's Profile Photo

Fathoms: Panoramic Underwater Views while Dining

by AliasGirl Updated Sep 27, 2004

Fathoms is located in the Royal Towers at the end of the Dig. Its sort of tricky to get to, so make sure you check it out during the day so you don't end up getting lost and late for your reservations. (Which btw, if you haven't noticed, are a must, a re-curring theme with all the Atlantis Restaurants)

You dine with a view of the water, not a sweeping view of the ocean but an underwater view of ocean life and ruins. The large aquarium allows a panoramic window looking into the underwater ruins of Atlantis. Its fascinating to be sitting near this ocean wonder. The scenery changes minute by minute.

On the night we were there for dinner we also had a show of fire dancers and fire eaters. It just added to the excitement.

Favorite Dish: We had a grilled Atlantic salmon and swordfish dish, very delicious. For dessert, we had my favorite creme brulee.

Great dining experience, a must!!

• ajwalks's Profile Photo

Fathoms: Fathoms- Great Seafood, Great Experience

by ajwalks Updated Feb 10, 2003

A view of the aquarium

Fathoms- In the Atlantis Resort on Paradise Island.
    An upscale setting with an amazing underwater ruins display and aquarium. Just walking into the restaurant is half of the fun!

Favorite Dish: Crab cakes were delicious!

Instant Answers: Paradise Island

Comments

View all Paradise Island hotels