The Columbus Tavern, Paradise Island

4.5 out of 5 stars 7 Reviews

Paradise Island Drive 1(242)363-2992

Making Bahamian Coffee for two.
  • The Columbus Tavern
    The Cloisters.
  • pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo

The Columbus Tavern: Dessert: Bahamian Coffee!

by pieter_jan_v Updated Mar 8, 2013

Bahamian Coffee in progress

The Columbus Tavern is located at the small boat harbour of Paradise Island. From the first floor of the restaurant you have a nice view over this harbour and the adjacent bay.

Favorite Dish: Everything on the menu is OK, but try out the Bahamian coffee at the end.

• Wine Tasting
    • Beer Tasting

• Kurtiemon's Profile Photo

The Columbus Tavern: Awesome view of the harbour

by Kurtiemon Written May 30, 2003

Awesome atmosphere!

Atmosphere! A $7 taxi ride from the Atlantis.

The Columbus Tavern is a unique waterfront restaurant facing Nassau, with excellent European and local Cuisine. There's also our most beautiful sunset bar with daily happy hour from 5pm until 7pm.

The Columbus Tavern is open daily from 11am until 11pm. Featuring live entertainment every Friday, Saturday and Sunday evening.

• Columbus Tavern: The grouper was delicious!

by Jtost Updated Mar 26, 2009

Making Bahamian Coffee for two.

The restaurant is located on the bay with lovely views of the water and boats. We were seated upon our arrival and were served a basket of bread and glasses of water while our drink orders were taken. My husband and I had the garlic grouper and New Providence grouper (36$ each) and our daughter had a New York Strip (42$). We were also served the local Peas and rice and fresh vegetables. Everything was cooked exactly as requested and very delicious! The cosmos (5$ each) were very good, too. The servers were very attentive. We were dressed casual, as the table of guests on one side of us were, but on the other side of us the men in the family wore suits and ties. You can order Bahamian coffee for two (20$) at this restaurant.

At the restaurants web page you can print a 10% off coupon.

Favorite Dish: The Bahamian coffee was a great finish to a wonderful dinner. One can't get this at just any where. It is an art to make.

• The Columbus Tavern: Charming, Relaxing & Delicious

by sopes Written Nov 18, 2007

The restaurant was a very lovely, charming spot overlooking the harbor. It was really relaxing just wastching the boats go by as we dined on our excellent dishes. We wanted fresh local fish and the kitchen brought us a whole, grilled red snapper still on the bone which was fantastic. We had never eaten it quite like that before but we were licking our fingers until the very last bite. We watched the server prepare us Bahamian coffee at the end of our dinner which was a show in itself. Nice local spot for a more quiet ambiance and great food!

Favorite Dish: Whole grilled red snapper on the bone

&

Guava Duff for dessert (served warm with a sinfully rich delicious topping)

• The Columbus Tavern: Tasteless

by martiniup2 Written Dec 20, 2006

Our visit was in Dec. 06. I researched our vacation before leaving and read the reviews on the Columbus Tavern, all very high. Wow, where do you people eat, Joe's Diner. The place was empty at Happy Hour ($1 off drinks), not so happy. Dinner was pricey for local seaford, everything else was off the chart, which I understand because it's a island and all meats are imported, but seaford. We were a party of 3, and 2 of us had the grouper ( Garlic & "New Providence") DRY & TASTELESS!!!!! Even the bread served was awful (some say because of the water). The view.......OK but I could see the same from the parking lot & still have my $200.

• Columbus Tavern: Tasty Veal & Bahamian Coffee at the end!

by canortherner Updated Mar 17, 2012

My brother and I ordered take out from the restaurant as we were staying at Paradise Harbor Club & Marina (just steps from the restaurant). My brother had the crab cake sliders from the bar menu and I had the Snapper Sophia. Both were delicious. The best part though was a traditional Bahamian coffee we ordered at the end of the meal. They come right up to your table and prepare it. Very entertaining and quite beautiful actually to watch. The rum lights on fire!

Favorite Dish: Veal: Delicious sauce and tender meat

• Daiquiri Hut: A must if you enjoy fresh fruits!

by Jtost Written Mar 26, 2009

The Daiquiri Hut is located across the street from the Wyndham Hotel and is ran by a local Bahamian. I think he has every fresh fruit you can think of. Just tell him your favorite fruit or fruits and the barista will make you a daiquiri with or without rum. They are so delicious! The man that works there is very nice and friendly, as are the other locals we met. The building is just as the name states a hut!

Favorite Dish: The first daiquiri was so good I had another. Both were pear/apple. My husband had one strawberry/banana and one papaya/banana. My daughter had a strawberry/kiwi. 6$ each. They are made before your eyes with fresh ingredients!

Instant Answers: Paradise Island

Comments

View all Paradise Island hotels