Bahamas Music/Dance, The Bahamas

Know about this? Rate It!

Me and Kimmy at Junkanoo
  • deedlebug's Profile Photo

Bahamas Music/Dance: Junkanoo

by deedlebug Written Feb 9, 2008

The band

While we were there they had the Junkanoo Festival. It was aewsome. There were so many Local foods and drinks. Singing and dancing all night long. I was so excited we got to go, I had been wanting to ever since I saw the movie After the Sunset. :-)

Dress Code: Casual, Tropical

• american_tourister's Profile Photo

Anyplace during Junkanoo: Anyplace during Junkanoo

by american_tourister Written Aug 25, 2002

New Year is Bahamian Mardi Gras and there are parades and music that start about 5:00 AM New Years Day. We partied until Midnight and then got some sleep so we could be at the parade site by 06:00 AM. There was almost no place left to watch from! It was packed and the parade was wonderful.

• gabriellefox's Profile Photo

I had a great time with my...

by gabriellefox Written Aug 25, 2002

I had a great time with my American compadres in the Breezes bar and club. But to really get an idea of what the Bahamian nightlife is like ask a local to take you to one of their clubs. You will definately need a couple of drinks before venturing onto that dance floor!

Dress Code: Not for the faint hearted.

• Constanza's Profile Photo

What I most enjoy in Bahamas...

by Constanza Written Aug 24, 2002

What I most enjoy in Bahamas is the happiness that people treat you with, in this place. They don´t have much material things, but they know how to smile ALL day...and they really DANCE!!
    That´s what I most enjoy being there...the way they dance, the way they have fun!
    I met GREAT people...I had such a good time that I´ll never forget all those days on a cruise.

Instant Answers: The Bahamas