Coco Cay Restaurants

Best Rated Restaurants in Coco Cay

Blackbeard's Grille: Avoid the Barbecue

by cjg1 Updated Oct 16, 2009

BBQ Time

To be honest, I would avoid 95% of this barbecue. Although a lot of the flies you hear about with this were not evident due to the breeze the food was blah at best. I tried a burger and it was eh...Liz had a hotdog but threw it out after two bites.

After our first experience with the BBQ we prefer to have a big breakfast before coming ashore and avoid the BBQ entirely.

Favorite Dish: I did have a burger with raw onions that was food and little more. I didn't love it but it fit the bill for a quick bite for lunch.

Illusions: On Board for Dinner

by cjg1 Updated Jun 12, 2008

June 1, 2008

On our last evening of the cruise as we set sail from Coco Cay we were in our room getting dressed for dinner in a couple hours.

With our gratuity envelopes filled and ready we were off to Illusions for our dinner. This time we had a full table. The last couple had joined us as they had not wanted to take part in formal night the night before.

As usual Santana and Tong were wonderful. Santana did bring over the cook book from RCCL and told us it was for sale for $27.95. Since we had not bought any extra drink all weekend in the dining room and had loved the food and their service we decided to buy it.

Favorite Dish: More to come.

Coppelia: Delicious Dinner

by cjg1 Updated Jan 26, 2009

Hummus with Pita Chips

The dining room always has excellent service and we have never been dissapointed in the food quality or staff attention. On this particular night there were so many good choices on the menu. The food was delicious and the service was on point. It was our last dinner on the cruise and it was a wonderful experience.

Favorite Dish: We were seated at our table and given menus by our waiter Rajah. Liz and I saw some great appetizer choices so we decided to split a few. We ordered the warm spinach dip, the hummus and the shrimp cocktail. The shrimp and the spinach dip were really good. The hummus was okay, we make better hummus at home. The salad for the night was caesar salad and was very tasty. For our main course we both had the New York Strip served with a creamy Bernaise sauce with potato wedges and veggies. The meat was very good and tender. I wasn't over the moon about the sauce but it didn't detract from the experience. For dessert I had some Strawbery shortcake and pistachio ice cream. The ice cream was my favorite part of the dessert. Liz had some vanilla ice cream for dessert.

The Nutcracker Dining Room: Good Food, so so service

by cjg1 Updated Jan 26, 2009

Vegetable Quesadilla

We normally have excellent service onboard the ship. This one particular lunch had so so service. Our lunch order was taken quickly but it took forever for Liz's Caesar salad and my sandwich to get served. Dessert was ordered and then never came. We wound up walking out without even asking where our missing dessert was. In total a 55 minute dissapointment in the dining room when it came to service.

Favorite Dish: The food was the only saving grace. Liz had a Bondi Caesar salad with shrimp and some delicious Macaroni & Cheese. I had the Vegetable Quesadilla which I always enjoy.

• onestepaway's Profile Photo

The Restaurant At Coco Cay

by onestepaway Written Jun 23, 2007

An island-style seaside barbeque is the fare for the day. Water is free, but sodas and cocktails may be purchased. This is the place to try a “Coco Loco”, Coco Cay’s signature drink and one of my favorite tropical cocktails.

Favorite Dish: This chicken was great.

Instant Answers: Coco Cay

Comments

Coco Cay Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Coco Cay restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Coco Cay sightseeing.