Coco Cay Things to Do

• DSwede's Profile Photo

Walk the Island

by DSwede Written Feb 17, 2013

View from Gum Woods - Look Out Point

The average person will flow off the boat and find a hammock or beach chair and spend the day taking in the sun or bathing in the beach. However if you are like me and get bored sitting still for too long, there are a couple activities that cost money (kayak, etc), but the only free activity is to walk the island.

There is a nature path to the southern point of the island. Depending on your speed, it could take 30~60 minutes one-way. If you walk the east side beach one way and the nature walk road the other, you will see all vistas of the island.

• Hiking and Walking

Enjoy the Sunset on the Navigator of the Seas

by cjg1 Updated Jan 27, 2009

View from our balcony

Watching the sunset is always a favorite of ours. I especially love when the sky is a bright yellow and sparkles on the water. Sunset always comes so soon and is gone in a flash. ...I wish I could freeze time to enjoy it just a bit longer.

We started to see the sunset begin when we were on our balcony. We decided to head up to the top deck and enjoy a better view and have a drink. Some of my favorite cruise memories are just of Liz and I watching the sunset together......it's a special memory.

Internet Cafe

by cjg1 Written Jan 27, 2009

On Board the cruise ship they have an internet cafe to keep you connected to school, work or loved ones. The cafe has a number of workstations available for use. You can also bring your own laptop and use their WI-FI service. Liz always needs to have internet access since she is in school and brings her homework with her wherever we go.

The internet pricing is $.55 a minute or you can buy a package. We always buy a package. The package rates are: $28 for 60 minutes, $38 for 90 minutes or $55 for 150 minutes.

WI-FI areas of the ship aren't always very good. We seems to have the best connectionin the Schooner Bar. Be aware the connection is very slow and can be frustrating to use.

Take an Ocean Dip

by cjg1 Updated Jan 26, 2009

Liz strolling back from the water

The sun had finally started to beat down enough for us to loose the coverups and enjoy the warmth. Liz decided to take a walk down to the water for a nice dip. She loves the water especially at Coco Cay. The water is warm like bathwater and calm. I personally jus like to sit back in my hammock and watch her have fun.

Lounge on the Beach

by cjg1 Updated Jan 26, 2009

Taking in the view from my hammock

I'm not a big sun worshipper so I decided to lounge in the hammock under the shady palm trees. Liz decided to lounge on a beach chair and enjoy the warm sun. The beach is such a relaxing place and the island is so beautiful. There was a nice breeze that day and it kept if from being too hot and uncomfortable.

I never thought of myself as much of a beach person but this is my idea of a great beach experience.

Enjoy some Drinks on Your Balcony

by cjg1 Written Jan 25, 2009

Me & Liz on the Balcony

We had such a fabulous suite and balcony that it made perfect sense to relax and have a drink. The balcony was rather large with two chairs, a table a recliner and an ottoman. We spent a nice afternoon enjying some cocktails in the sun while watching the beautiful water. It was a relaxing time with my baby. We love these solitary moments when it's just the two of us.....it makes for special memories.

Watch the Sun Rise on the Sovereign of the Seas

by cjg1 Updated Jun 12, 2008

June 1, 2008

Sunday morning as we approached Coco Cay I woke up at 4:30 in the morning. From this point I decide we had to watch the sun rise.

So out on the balcony we were as the sun started to creep up over the horizon over the next hour or so.

Hammock Time!

by cjg1 Updated Jun 12, 2008

Just lounging in a hammock with my girl

One of my favorite ways to do nothing is in a hammock.

We finally found a hammock that would suit our purposes that fine morning. It was facing out to sea across the island from the ship.

A wonderful dark cloud moved in and kept it nice and cool with the strong breeze blowing through. We relaxed here for a good 45 minutes the first time.

Later in late morning we found our same hammock still unoccupied and I took a bit of nap in it.

Napping in a hammock on a Sunday morning. Does it get any better?

• onestepaway's Profile Photo

Snorkeling and Sun Bathing at Coco Cay

by onestepaway Written Jun 23, 2007

If you wish to enjoy a little more restful adventure, rent a floating mat and bask in the calm ocean waters. Relax on the beach, play a game of volleyball, sip on a cool drink, listen to the steel drum band, or enjoy the aqua park.

• Veg out

by mrandmrsdevlin Written Aug 18, 2005

In true cliche style, the island has hammocks strung up between the palm trees in various places throughout the island. Soooooo relaxing!!!

• Floaties

by mrandmrsdevlin Written Aug 18, 2005

There is a rec center on the beach which hands out little floatie mats to aide in tanning. The water is warm and beautiful.

Instant Answers: Coco Cay

Comments

Coco Cay Things to Do

Reviews and photos of Coco Cay things to do posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Coco Cay sightseeing.