Coco Cay Warnings and Dangers

Most Recent Warnings and Dangers in Coco Cay

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Roosters & Chickens on the Loose!

by cjg1 Written Jan 28, 2009

The Island of Coco Cay seems to have an abundant population of Roosters and Chickes roaming about. I joked that they were our BBQ lunch on legs.....You can here the rooster crow from the trees. Some of the birds even wander onto the beach. Liz hates birds and was totally freaked out when large rooster came over to our hammock.

Sometimes it's Windy and Cold

by cjg1 Updated Jan 27, 2009

My Baby is ready for the beach

It can be windy and cold on Coco Cay. That morning it was a bit chilly and windy. Liz wrapped herself up in towel and cuddled up to me in the hammock. In about a half hour the sun began to pour down some heat onto the beach and she was able to ditch the towels and head for the water. Next time we will be a bit more prepared and bring sweatshirts just in case of weather like this.

Wear Sunblock!

by cjg1 Updated Jan 27, 2009

Slathered in Sunblock

The sun is very strong so make sure you are prepared and apply plenty of sunblock. Liz and I both applied sunblock 70 to avoid getting a burn. Protection against the sun and its harmful rays is so important. We saw so many people with bad sunburn, looking like Lobsters and in pain. We also saw people baking themselves on the beach with oil. Is getting a dark tan worth the possibility of skin cancer and wrinkles. We don't take those kinds of risks so we are always careful with sunblock, coverups and getting into shaded areas during the strongest sun of the day. I have not had a single sunburn since I met Liz and I know it's due to her keeping me protected. A bad burn can really be a "pain" on vacation and I'm glad I won't have to experience it.

Instant Answers: Coco Cay

Comments

Coco Cay Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Coco Cay warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Coco Cay sightseeing.