Places to eat in The Bahamas

Most Viewed Restaurants in The Bahamas

• monica71's Profile Photo

Le Med: Good Food!

by monica71 Updated Feb 4, 2012

We ate lunch here and we enjoyed the food a lot. The location is superb and the service is excellent. The food was delicious and the prices were competitive to the other restaurants. We will definitely eat here again on our next trip.

• monica71's Profile Photo

Pices: Elegant and Great Food

by monica71 Written Feb 4, 2012

This is the best restaurant we have ate at while visiting the island. The food is extremely good, the atmosphere is fantastic and the staff is very polite. Their prices are a little bit higher than the other restaurants but it is worth every penny. You should eat here once while vacationing.

• Pier One: Best Sushi Ever!

by lucalee Written Mar 9, 2011

The restaurant is basically three in one. They have a seafood menu, an upper class italian food and best of all sushi which just opened in November.
    The red dragon and fresh salmon is just delicious paired with saki.
    The night I went there were five or six sharks but the atmosphere was great and the food just wonderful.
    We went in the evening and watched the sunset and the ships coming in and leaving the harbour. The best view on the island the restaurant is right in the water.
    Great Decor.

Favorite Dish: Sushi-Red Dragon , christmas and bahama mama

Took this leaving the cruise ship my sushi one of the shrimp dishes
    • Seniors

• kgduke's Profile Photo

Brussels Bistro: Lovely Belgian Restaurant with GREAT service!

by kgduke Written May 4, 2010

I dined at the Brussels Bistro after looking at the outdoor menu and being told my the waitress, "I have the perfect table for you in the window."

I ordered the lamb and had a wonderful meal. Approximate cost for meal with one drink was $30. The service was great and they couldn't do enough for me.

There is a bar in the small restaurant and several closed captioned TVs that are unobtrusive. The clientele was a mix of tourists and Bahamians.

Their motto: "The famous gourmet Arthur Buchwald wrote 'the best food in the world is French ... and the best French is in Brussels". And Everyone knows that "It is better in The Bahamas!"

Website says:
    "Brussels Bistro is located in the historic Downtown Nassau. Brussels is a one of a kind restaurant serving traditional Belgium cuisine to perfection that's made to order.

What would a Belgium restaurant be without beers? Brussels serves a collection of Belgium beers not found anywhere else in The Bahamas. Their list of Belgium wines include Hoegaarden, Duvel Strong Abbey beer, Val Dieu Blonde abbey Ale.

Hours of Operation: Monday-Tuesday-Wednesday: 11:00am-9:00pm

• Beaches

• desertfl0wer's Profile Photo

Poop Deck: Locals and Yachters

by desertfl0wer Updated Apr 14, 2010

The Poop Deck is one of those places that expatriates and travelers seem to know about more so than the average tourist or Honeymooner. And because of its "off the beaten path," seaside harbor feel, I find myself going back every time I'm in Nassau. The food is excellent (I always order the grouper or fried conch) , the ambience is laid back, bar, with outdoor dining that overlooks Paradise Island and the Harbor, and the service is pretty good, despite the fact that it's usually always packed. Reservations are encouraged especially if you're a bigger party; casual beach-resort-ware is usually always the rule for dress in the Caribbean.

Favorite Dish: Definitely try the grouper or fried conch. Heck, try both.

Eating on the back deck of the Poop Deck
    • Beaches
    • Sailing and Boating

• desertfl0wer's Profile Photo

Indigo Cafe: European Flair

by desertfl0wer Written Apr 14, 2010

This is by far one of my most favorite places in the world. Every time I have dined at the Indigo Cafe everything is absolutely perfect. The decor inside reminds me of Paris circa 1920 with artwork and dark indigo painted walls, the food is well presented, ecclectic and delicious. The chef even came out to ask us about our meal, taking great pride in his culinary expertise. You can sit inside or out. I always prefer out. And while this restaurant is right off West Bay Street in Cable Beach, there is enough lush garden around the verandah that you feel protected from having to watch the traffic go by.

I want to also mention that if you want to get away from the craziness of the hotels and casinos and resort-style buffets, this is the place to go! Lots of British and European homeowners living in Cable Beach tend to frequent this place, which gives it a very International flair.

Favorite Dish: I can't tell you my favorite dish. I seem to love them all. But the style is a Bahamian and Asian infusion. Try one of the chef's specials.

• Wine Tasting
    • Luxury Travel

• Pier One: AVOID at ALL COST

by hoffmie Written Mar 27, 2010

1. Shoney's-Quality Food
    Actually, this is being unfair to Shoney's Restaurants. Shoney's food is at least edible.
    2. Menu Misprints
    Be sure to ask if the description on the menu matches what you will actually receive. Numerous "Misprints." When you order an item and it arrives not as described, it's the customer fault. Just ask the manager who expects you to read minds.
    3. Items "Not Available"
    Call ahead to be sure there's actually food. When we arrived, snapper, grouper, and shark items were out. That's half the menu. Enjoy your popcorn shrimp off the kiddie menu!
    4. Pricey
    Do not expect to find ANY entree priced lower than $24.95. If you would like to pay that while you hold your nose to avoid tasting the food, be my guest. I did it once and should have read the negative reviews on a variety of websites before going.
    5. Sharks…Where?
    Don’t expect to see sharks…if the wind blows more than 5mph, anytime from November-April, or during shark mating season. Of course, the restaurant doesn’t tell you this until you’ve ordered and then look over the rail to see the staff attempt to feed the rocks and empty ocean.
    6. Service
    They get their 15% no matter what. We asked 6 times for a glass of water, SIX! The restaurant was practically empty.
    7. The Drive There
    We passed a number of other restaurants that the locals told us we should have gone to instead. Stop there before you drive all the way out to the harbor just to be disappointed.

Favorite Dish: The burger I got from Zorba's after I vomitted at Pier One.

• deedlebug's Profile Photo

Lucaya - Shenanigan's Irish Pub: Good Food Good Times

by deedlebug Written Feb 9, 2008

We went to Shenanigans one night for Dinner and had a great experience. The food was great and so were the drinks. Definately get a long island if you go it was really good!

Favorite Dish: The Escargot was excellent!!

• deedlebug's Profile Photo

Bahamian food: Great Seafood!

by deedlebug Written Feb 9, 2008

Bishops Point was recommended to us by a local. The restraunt was right on the ocean and the food was great. We tried the fried shrimp, clamari and some snapper. It's a little out of the way from Lucaya and freeport but well worth it. The beach is beautiful and the drive was nice too.

The fried Snapper, yum This is the restaraunt the beach in front of the restaraunt

• XKuger's Profile Photo

Zio Gigios - Italian: Zio Gigios - Italian

by XKuger Updated Nov 19, 2007

This is a fantastic little restaurent where the food was so good that I retured to it twice in my stay at Atlantis over a period of 3 days.

The first day I walked here to get a lunch snack. I had a most wonderful eggplant appetizer. TIt was so good that my wife ordered seconds. As the appatizer plate is only for one and not enough for two people to share. We also had the margirita pizza that was a real think brick oven pizza which the appropriate amount of cheese as opposed to the 1000 calories loaded american pizza.

When I returned I had the linguini with arribeta sauce that was also very flavourful. I had the thirimesu and coffe to top it off, they served some delicious Illy coffe that left and excellent after tase with the dessert.

Favorite Dish: Most definitly the Eggplan appatizer, I don't remember the exact name. It was like an eggplan rolletini with marinara sauce.. simply heavenly.

• XKuger's Profile Photo

Senior Frogs: Senior Frogs

by XKuger Written Nov 19, 2007

This was one of the only value places that I found in the Bahamas where you can have a full mean at a reasonable price and not go hungry. The atmosphere is always lively, most of the cruise crowd come in during the day and they have activities for kids with baloons an craft stuff being distributed.

The adults get these huge margaritas and occasionally there is a DJ who walks aroud and gives you free shots of rum for doing funny tricks. A very lively enviornment, you can choose to be at the bar in the middle of all the action or find a seat in the back and over look the ocean and enjoy your food.

However you cannot avoid the loud music.. hey its the bahamas enjoy it while it lasts.

Favorite Dish: I had the vegetable enchiladas and my wife had the chicken fahitas. Bother were really large portions that were server with salad, refried beans and rice on the side. There was also complimentary nachos.

I wanted mine extra spicy and they cook had done a fantastic job as I was breathing fire after the meal.

• nycbree's Profile Photo

Grey's Churrascia: A hidden treasure

by nycbree Written Jul 6, 2005

The service at Grey's Churrascia(sp) was unbelievable. They were so friendly and accomodating. Because of my dietary needs (no pork) I was offered a discount, if I didn't feel the other types of meat were sufficient. The smoking room, reminiscent of The Oak Room in NY, is cozy and comfortable. The Churrascia restaurants in NY are not nearly as friendly or accomodating. However, the concept is the same. Salads, vegetables and pasta self serve and the variety of meats are brought to your table. If you want it, you are served it, If not, you can pass.

• Polskigirl's Profile Photo

The Stoned Crab: Try the Marinated Lobster.. yummmyyyyyyy

by Polskigirl Written Feb 17, 2005

The fresh seafood was spectacular. Big Lobsters and all kind of seafood. Also pastas and Chicken. Stone Crab...Openend from 5:oopm to 10:30 pm. Accept creadits cards

Favorite Dish: Marinated Lobster and Stone Crab , it was yummy. Also a smoked salmon.

• Chrissy1967's Profile Photo

Cruise Ship: Wonderful Spread!

by Chrissy1967 Written Feb 17, 2005

The cruise ship had any and all kinds of foods you could imagine. Although, it wasn't the first thing on my list, I certainly did enjoy being pampered and the Captin's dinner was a very elegant night, as you can see in the photo they invited us to join them.

• evebeals's Profile Photo

La Dolce Vita and The Pub at Port Lucaya: Scrumptious Italian and Local Fare

by evebeals Updated Jul 23, 2004

La Dolce Vita serves scrumptious Italian food, well worth the the slightly pricier menu. For local cuisine, most of the restaurants in the marketplace are quite palatable, though the one I've made the most return visits to is the Pub at Port Lucaya.
    La Dolce Vita is an excellent choice for romantic dining (it's where I celebrated my first newlywed birthday!), and the Pub at Port Lucaya is good for a hearty midday meal - eat on the patio and enjoy the ocean breeze.

Favorite Dish: Almost anything at La Dolce Vita should be good. My general recommendation for those sampling the local offerings would be conch chowder or fried conch, or other seafood specialties. Pigeon peas and rice is also a yummy local favorite.

The Bahamas Hotels

6 Reviews - 17 Photos
Georgetown Hotels
1 Review - 4 Photos

Instant Answers: The Bahamas

Comments

The Bahamas Restaurants

Reviews and photos of The Bahamas restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for The Bahamas sightseeing.
Map of The Bahamas