Dive, Snorkel, The Bahamas

by Robbie330
  • deedlebug's Profile Photo

Paradise Cove

by deedlebug Written Feb 9, 2008

If you have time make the drive to Paradise cove. It was beautiful. The snorkeling was very clear and we saw lots of fish and barracudda. The food was cheap and they have gear and stuff to rent also. You don't want to miss this snorkel experience!

• prophead's Profile Photo

If you're a diver, check out...

by prophead Written Feb 25, 2003

If you're a diver, check out Stuart Cove's South Ocean. I've been diving with them about 6 times now and they're always fun and professional. The shark dive is clearly one of the world's ten best dives.
    Warm clear water. Carribean reef sharks.

• jburgos1's Profile Photo

SUB Bahamas

by jburgos1 Updated Nov 26, 2004

Thats me in the bubble dome!

You have to try this it was amazing! Your deep in water as if you were diving but on an underwater motorcycle with a bubble dome over your head, you don't even have to get your hair wet! It was such a cool experience!
    Plus you get to go snorkeling

• Eco-Tourism

• Workingforvacation's Profile Photo

Boating,Snorkeling

by Workingforvacation Written Jan 3, 2011

Snorkeling and beach party.Went out with Capt.A.J on Exotic Adventures.WOW what an AWESOME time.He took us to some of the most beautiful reefs.He took underwater pictures of me and my family so we would have something to remember our trip.My kids are using the pictures as screen savers.He keep us away from the regular places most of the boats go.We got fresh speared lobster for lunch.He even taught my 14 year old to spear lobster.lunch was amazing.We went to a deserted place on the beach,where their was a make shift tables and chairs made out of driftwood.What an amazing day my family had.We will be back for the island hoping next year.

• Photography
    • Fishing

• jburgos1's Profile Photo

A Paradise Cay on earth on Blue Lagoon Island...

by jburgos1 Written Nov 26, 2004

My husband Joe sea kayaking

Beautiful, crystal clear waters, white sandy beach, relaxing on a hammock, it truly is paradise. We went off and explored the island, I definetly recommend going there! Just a 20 minute ride from Paradise Island.

• erikajj's Profile Photo

Snorkelling! This was our...

by erikajj Written Aug 26, 2002

Snorkelling! This was our first snorkelling experience. We didn't take any photos of this because we were so focused on just breathing. We are excited to do it again because we know that the second time can only be better. It was relatively inexpensive and we saw the beautiful coral reef and lots of beautiful fish. Be sure to hang out near the tour guides. They generally know a lot about the fish and the reef.

• mmanchack's Profile Photo

The diving in the Bahamas is...

by mmanchack Written Aug 25, 2002

The diving in the Bahamas is quite nice - the water is quite warm and there is definitely an opportunity to see some exotic sea life. The coral was also particularly abundant in the Bahamas. We dove between Paradise Island and Nassau. We weren't lucky enough to spot any dolphins this trip, but we were told that our dive company took Leonardo DiCaprio diving the day before!

Anyhow, although I would recommend taking a dive in the Bahamas, it wasn't one of my favorite dive destinations.

• bluewilldo's Profile Photo

Well... the two days that it...

by bluewilldo Written Aug 24, 2002

Well... the two days that it didn't rain we swam with the dolphins and did an under sea walk (snubaing).
    The dolphin thing was fun, especially for small children but everyone enjoys it. The under sea walk was awful! The water was two degrees and we were lead around on a little pole as the guide pointed to dead coral.

• sayville's Profile Photo

Go snorkeling....we had a...

by sayville Written Aug 24, 2002

Go snorkeling....we had a local man take us out on his old sailboat to a reef. It was much cheaper and the reef was all ours. If you go on the large boats you end up with 25 or more people trying to all snorkel together...if your at a resort ask the workers if they have a friend who will take you out to a reef.... and dont forget to bring the bagels. The fish will come right up to you and eat out of your hand.

• LostViking's Profile Photo

Mermaid Cove

by LostViking Written Jan 29, 2009
    Rock shoreline of Mermaid Cove

One of the best places to snorkle off of Abaco is the easily accessable Mermaid Cove.

The wave action can be impressive at times so it is not recommended for weak swimmers.

But once you move a little away from the shoreline, you will soon discover a nice bit of reef with a great collection of marine wildlife.

Please avoid stepping on the coral as that will kill it.

Remember, only boobs feed the fish!

• Sailing and Boating

• Snorkle for free near Nassau

by icfishies Written Jul 12, 2008

There's very little good information about snorkeling around Nassau/New Providence, so I thought I'd write a page about it. Actually, the few references to snorkeling one finds about Nassau frequently mention Love Beach, but they don't really give you any details. Well, here are some details.

For starters, although some references to Love Beach mention that the best spots are about a mile offshore, I don't have a boat and I haven't felt like swimming quite that far, so my notes are all for pretty near-shore excursions. Which hopefully is a plus because you can literally walk into the water and be seeing the fishies in about 10 seconds. And so, it's also totally free (assuming you can find a way to access the beach, which is the biggest challenge!).

Follow this link for maps, directions on how to get there, best places to snorkel around in, and what sorts of fish you might see.

• pixipuss's Profile Photo

Sea Garden

by pixipuss Written Jun 13, 2006

DEFINATELY visit the sea garden. . The best way to do this is to bring your own snorkling gear.
    We got some ricecripies at breakfast and put it in a little baggie. . .
    We got our gear and went to talk to the jet ski rental guys-They SWARM the beach. you can't walk the beach ANYWHERE on paradise island without SOMEONE asking you if you want to rent a jetski-it's pretty steep too-$60 for a half hour-just remember EVERYTHING down there is negotiable.
    Anyway, we got one of the jetski guys-his name was Patrick from Patricks Motorsports-awesome guy-he took us to a snorkling site and waited for us to finish snorkling and then took us to the sea garden-it's beautiful-I'll put some pictures on here-anyway, you open your little baggie underwater and the fish just pack against you to get at the cereal. you can feel them pressing against you-they aren't scared at all!! it was awesome...He took us there and back for $40. it was a GREAT DEAL!

• pixipuss's Profile Photo

Rose Island

by pixipuss Written Jun 13, 2006

We went on an "all day excursion" which was really only about 4 hours. . .
    we booked through majestic tours. it was called the Sea Island Tour. They pick you up at your hotel and take you to the docks to catch a catamaran and take you to rose Island. There is a little "camp" there. you can snorkle (i reccommend bringing your own gear) get a paddleboat, kayak, play volleyball, lay out or catcha hammock. it was sooo much fun. it was kinda pricey-$70 a person, but I had a lot of fun. you can get the jet ski guys on the beach to take you somewhere to go snorkling for much less, but I reccommend doing this one.

• Adventure Travel

• Wenasje's Profile Photo

Go scubadiving or snorkeling....

by Wenasje Written Aug 25, 2002

Go scubadiving or snorkeling. The waters are incredibly clear. I didn't have a (PADI) license so I was restricted to diving with an instructor, but it was great anyway.

(picture taken from: www.skin-diver.com)

• aligobs's Profile Photo

Snorkeling

by aligobs Written Jan 13, 2006

I've been to the Bahamas many times but this last time I decided to sign up for a snorkel trip. I booked through Stuart Coves dive shop who came and picked us up in Nassau (we had taken a cruise ship over) and drove us to the marina. The snorkeling was excellent and the boats and equipment were very well maintained. They took us to 3 dive sites. Two of the sites were just phenomenal for snorkeling. Clear blue water, colorful fish and diverse reefs. The last dive was thrilling as they lowered a bucket of chum into the water and the sharks appeared from all over. We all got into the water careful not to splash around too much but the sharks could have cared less about us as they were much more interested in the chum. I have to say that was one of the best times I've ever had in the Bahamas.

Instant Answers: The Bahamas