Cruise Ship, The Bahamas

Know about this? Rate It!

Towel Animal in Cabin :)
  • Florida999's Profile Photo

Carnival Sensation

by Florida999 Written Nov 27, 2011
    Our ship docked in Nassau

We went on a 3 day cruise to the Bahamas on the Carnival Sensation.

The cruise left Port Canaveral Florida on Thursday afternoon, and we got back Sunday morning. It was worth the price, we had a good time, and enjoyed the cruise and the Bahamas.

Tip on cabins: We had a 4 people cabin on the Empress Deck (7) in the front of the boat. It was small ( but all cabins are) but very quiet compared to the horrible room we had on a different ship in the back of the boat , on the bottom , right on top of the engines. So , if you plan on sleeping at night, avoid the back bottom of any ship ( but those are the least expensive cabins).

Tip on preventing getting sea sick: get accupressure wrist bands, they work ( no medication needed)

• Luxury Travel

• csordila's Profile Photo

Bahamas Day Trip

by csordila Updated Jun 6, 2009

Docking in the Island

Depart Port Everglades in Ft. Lauderdale at 7:45am. Arrive Grand Bahama at 1pm. Return Depart Grand Bahama at 4:45 pm. Arrive Port Everglades at 10pm.

Directions to Port Everglades
    • Main entrance
    Take I-95 to I-595 East straight into the Port (I-595 becomes Eller Drive once inside the Port). I-595 runs east/west with connections to the Fort Lauderdale/ Hollywood International Airport, U.S.1, I-95, State Road 7 (441), Florida's Turnpike, Sawgrass Expressway and I-75.
    • US1/Federal Highway entrance
    At the intersection of State Road 84/Spangler Blvd., East and U.S.1 (Federal Hwy.), turn east into the seaport.

Price about U$ 100,- and includes:
    • 3 All you can eat Buffet Meals
    • Round trip transportation
    • Swimming pool and sun decks
    • Bars, clubs and video arcade
    • Dancing, live music
    • Slot machines and Shopping
    • Las Vegas Style Casino
    • Win onboard prizes during the cruise
    • Free casino Match Play at the Isle of Capri Casino on the Island
    • A Bahama Mama Cocktail on the Island

Grand Bahama considered the second most popular island in the Bahamas, and its major city, Freeport, is regarded as the nation’s second city.
    Location: 200 miles west of Nassau

• Kiisu's Profile Photo

Get Pampered on a Cruise Ship

by Kiisu Updated Sep 6, 2002

Ready for the Cruise!

Taking a cruise ship is great! If you want a no-fuss, unpack-once, no-brainer vacation, this is easy and quite enjoyable. Don't expect to see much of the ports you go to, but that's not really the point for most of these cruise ships, is it? Carnival Cruises has a great kids' program if you want to take the family.
    We walked around Nassau in the morning and saw plenty of shops, including the interesting straw market. I'm sure most of it was overpriced for us tourists, but enjoyable none-the-less.

• erikajj's Profile Photo

We took a cruise, though I...

by erikajj Written Aug 26, 2002

We took a cruise, though I think we will fly next time. I wasn't seasick, but I had a constant feeling of vertigo when the ship was moving. Also, being confined to a ship for a whole day became tiresome. We did make sure to catch every sunrise and sunset from the upper decks and took advantage of the pool and walking deck. And we ate - the food was fabulous. However, we are not into gambling and the dance club was somewhat lame, so we were glad it was a short cruise.
    I would advise flying in to Grand Bahama Island, then staying at a hotel with beach access. Many of the beaches are private and only guests at certain hotels are allowed to be there. You can usually pay some kind of daily fee for beach access if you are at a hotel without a beachfront.

• I went there on a cruise. I...

by Psychokiwi Written Aug 24, 2002

I went there on a cruise. I would suggest that you take a good cruisline. Mine was very clean and had a lot to eat, but there was nothing to do except sleep.
    I was with a tour group and we rode around in vans. It was real crowded, and I got stuck next to some guy that smelled really bad.

• DesertRat's Profile Photo

Most people probably take a...

by DesertRat Written Aug 24, 2002

Most people probably take a cruise ship, but you can also fly in from the US, Canada, Europe, and the Caribbean. There's also a lot of private boat traffic between the Bahamas and Florida, which is barely 100 kms away. And if you have a few bucks, you can take a Windjammer Cruise on a large two-masted sailing schooner.
    Air and inter-island ferries. But in Nassau, you can also get around in a 'surrey with a fringe on top' to borrow a phrase from Oscar Hammerstein.

• pammie29's Profile Photo

Well, my favorite way is by a...

by pammie29 Written Aug 24, 2002

Well, my favorite way is by a cruise-line...which we took the Disney Wonder and had a fantastic time. We also visited there private island, Castaway Cay, which I liked better than any of the other Bahamian Islands.
    Once you're there the best way to get around Nassau is by water taxi or regular taxi...just make sure you get a price before you ride.

Instant Answers: The Bahamas