Taxicab, The Bahamas

Know about this? Rate It!

by monica71
    by monica71
  • Taxicab
    by davidb4732
  • davidb4732's Profile Photo

We took a cruise from...

by davidb4732 Written Aug 26, 2002

We took a cruise from Miami...they go to Nassau. There you can take a $10 taxi to Paradise Island...it's only a 15 minute ride. I don't think I'd want to drive there...they drive like maniacs.
    The picture shows how Sean Connery gets around. It's his yacht...I believe he has an island off of Paradise Island that he actually owns.

• monica71's Profile Photo

Cabs

by monica71 Written Feb 4, 2012
    taxi stand

Taxis are available all over the island. The fares are set by government. It is best to make sure the driver turns on the meter once you get into the cab.
    You can either go to a taxi stand and get a cab or have the hotel call you one.

• XKuger's Profile Photo

Airport Transfer

by XKuger Written Nov 19, 2007

I found that most cabs were negotiating prices all over the radar. Lucky for me I did my hotel booking via expedia and I recieved a complimentary round trip to and from the airpot from Majestic tours.

That most definitly saved me some $$. Transport to and from the Airpor is a real rip off just like many other prices in the Bahamas.

• cdapello's Profile Photo

See Mr Victor

by cdapello Updated Sep 27, 2005

When staying at the Island Seas Resort, ask for Mr Victor Devaux (Last name may be a little different...cannot recall). We made a deal with Victor for his services for the entire time that we were there. We were a group of four ladies traveling on our own. This arrangement made us feel much safer in a strange area and the convenience was wonderful. Like having our own car without the hassle of parking. His prices were very reasonable.

• Seniors
    • Women's Travel

• SunnyBay's Profile Photo

A limo is same price as taxi

by SunnyBay Written Feb 2, 2004
    Scott and I arriving at Atlantis, courtesy of Phil

The price of a limo is the same as a taxi. Once you find a a limo taxi driver, hold on to his business card and use him for all of your transportation needs!

Instant Answers: The Bahamas