Sunburn, The Bahamas

by moneysavr
  • sticki's Profile Photo

Snorkeling Sunburn

by sticki Updated Feb 5, 2003

If you go snorkeling, WEAR LOTS OF SUNSCREEN, WEAR A T-SHIRT, AND DON'T STAY OUT TOO LONG! Despite my bouyance problems (I don't float, even with floatation devices), the fish and coral were so beautiful that I stayed out for two hours in only a swimsuit. Even with waterproof SPF 50 I ended up with a second degree sunburn over my entire back. NO FUN. I've since lost the picture taken of my bare back, but I'll just tell you that I looked like Elmo in a white bikini. By all means, if you get a chance to snorkel, do it, but be very careful. See my Hawaii page for my near-drowning snorkel experience.:-)

• moneysavr's Profile Photo

Warning pre tan before you go...

by moneysavr Written Aug 26, 2002

Warning pre tan before you go this will help the fair skined like most of us!Kids smear on the best waterproof stuff you can buy and add more after a while!This can realy wreck a tropical fun time,put on lots of moisturizers after a lot of sun too!and watch the tops of your feet if you love to walk in the ocean the sun can realy fry them even in the water!
    Dont dive alone! well I have seen it! or snorkle in areas you dont understand you can get hurt!I always put on Aqua socks and check out the area before going in to look out for coral sea urchins or a ray they get mad if you step on them!Know how to swim out of A rip tide, go along the beach, not to try to get straight back in.Go out at night with a group,dont do drugs,and dont drive drunk in a forien country things dont look good for you if you have a problem on the Island unless you have a lot and I say a lot of cash$$$This is not the U.S.

• Chrissy1967's Profile Photo

Cover up, because it's HOT!

by Chrissy1967 Written Feb 17, 2005

The sun is wonderful, but at the Bahamas it is more than wonderful and it could burn your booty if you let it! And I did at times :)

Instant Answers: The Bahamas