Tobago Restaurants

• Shopping at Lunching at Shore Things, Tobago.
    Shopping at Lunching at Shore Things,...
    by Greggor58
  • Ramona's Roti Shack, Pleasant Prospect,Tobago.
    Ramona's Roti Shack, Pleasant...
    by Greggor58
  • Lunching at Shore Things, Milford Road, Tobago.
    Lunching at Shore Things, Milford Road,...

Best Rated Restaurants in Tobago

• Greggor58's Profile Photo

Shore Things...: GREAT Hospitality and a VIEW to MATCH...

by Greggor58 Written Jun 12, 2011

Shore Things, Milford Road, Tobago.

Shore Things is a really cool little experience overlooking the waters of Little Rockley Bay in a community named Lambeau, just a short drive from Scarborough. The exterior of the business from the road is maybe a little ambiguous but once you walk through the doors you’ll realize that you’ve just stepped into a rather unique little hideout.

Shore Things doubles as a gift shop AND a restaurant that serves up daily specials in addition to its regular menu. It’s owned and operated by a lovely woman named Giselle that has once upon a time lived in my home town, Ottawa, so we enjoyed some conversation reminiscing about restaurants and places that we’ve both spent time in here in Ottawa. I have to tell you that Giselle is a wonderful hostess and I thoroughly enjoyed meeting her and learning about her experiences living in Tobago.

The day that I visited with a friend from the UK, I enjoyed a fresh salad served with some delicious chicken crepes. My friend Kiera raved about the little pizzas that thet make and so she ordered one of those from the menu.
    The dining room is a little rustic with kind of large clunky chairs but the wide opened windows blew a constant cooling breeze in off the Atlantic. Just outside of the windows we were entertained by a bird feeder that Giselle loaded with sugar when we sat down.

The business also sells unique souvenirs that make the stopover another attraction and of course accepts credit cards if you choose to use them You can enjoy a wonderful meal here and at the same time, maybe find something unique to bring home with you to remind you of a memorable time and a valued meal at Shore Things.

Just a warning …if you might be mobility challenged there are some stairways that need to be climbed both from the roadway to the building and also from the gift shop area to the dining area. These might present a problem for your access, otherwise I hope you ENJOY your visit to Shore Things as I did.
    I think that the business keeps some unexpected business hours so it would be a good idea to call ahead to ensure your trip there is not a disappointment and that they indeed will be open.

Favorite Dish: To cap off our meal I had to try Giselle’s lime cheesecake and a side of coconut ice cream. The cheesecake was absolutely amazing and if it’s an indication of the rest of the deserts on the menu Id make the trip over and over again just for the scenery, the atmosphere, and the DESERTS.
    While we were there, an acquaintance of my friend popped in and he sat near to us to chat. He had made the stopover just to enjoy some of Giselle’s Carrot cake and coffee, and this man is a local that is a regular here.

• Greggor58's Profile Photo

Ramona’s…or was it Mona’s… ?: Tiny Roti Shack..BUT OHHH SO GOOOOD!!!

by Greggor58 Written Jun 12, 2011

Ramona's Roti Shack, Pleasant Prospect,Tobago.

This is a small Roti Shack located in the little hamlet of Pleasant Prospect, a five minute drive or thirty minute walk from the Turtle Beach Hotel. At some point I was talking with someone about this little place after my second and last visit and they thought it was called Mona’s place…and hence the confusion. If I’ve named it incorrectly let me know so I can correct it.

In any event it’s easy to find, it’s a small yellow building with green and red trim that’s located just across the street from the Moon over Water Bar, just off the main road that transits through Mount Pleasant.

It’s basically a take away spot and she doesn’t offer any place to sit and eat your meal. I grabbed a spot on the stairway leading up into the small structure and made myself at home.

I visited her a couple of times and enjoyed some great local cooking, a chicken Roti that was HUGE, some rice and beans, some salads, and some free smiles and chat. The portions were so large in fact that I easily managed two good meals from my first visit. I was staying in a self catering accommodation and had the refrigerator and micro wave to heat it up for a second round of it.

I paid about the equivalent of about $ 8.00 CAD for essentially portions enough for two meals.

Favorite Dish: She offers up daily specials reasonably priced and wonderfully seasoned, hot pepper sauces were available for extra pizzazz

• Greggor58's Profile Photo

La Cantina: Good Wood Fired Pizza...

by Greggor58 Written Jun 12, 2011

La Cantina Pizzeria,Crown Point, Tobago.

La Cantina is a GREAT little pizza joint located in the south end of Tobago in the Crown Point area.

The place is fairly informal and it’s likely popular because the food was actually quite good, as was the service. The menu is typically Italian I guess and includes antipasti, salads, and a selection of cheeses and wines and other beverages.

I spoke to the owner after I had eaten and discovered he’s originally from the north of Italy. He was actually the man making the pies and so I didn’t distract him too long, as well I didn’t want to abandon my company for too long.

You have a choice of indoor or outdoor seating and the night that we visited the place was quite busy, the outdoor seating was jammed and a line up grew behind us as we waited for only a few minutes before we got our table. If you’re worried about eating here outside just so you know the outdoor tables are under cover and should it rain it won’t be a problem, you won’t get wet.
    The indoor seating area wasn’t overly large but has a well stocked bar to suit your wants.

Even though it was busy we were given menus quickly and our “starter” order arrived fairly quickly.
    Pricing was pretty reasonable with the exception of the “designer” label water bottle that was the only choice of water on the menu. I thought it was quite expensive.

The only quibble that I might have is that the pizza didn’t arrive pre cut…and it was a little messy to serve between two people. If I remember correctly we cut it ourselves and made a bit of a mess in the process.

Go….check this little restaurant out by all means if you want to enjoy a pizza and decent dinner out and if you want to change it up a little if you’re staying at one of the resorts. I think you’ll enjoy the experience. The service was fast the night that we were there, the food was good and the overall cleanliness was quite good. This place gets a “thumbs up”!!

Favorite Dish: YOU have to make this a pit stop for a meal when you’re visiting here, the pizza that they serve is a thin crust version and the salad that accompanied our meal that night was fresh and crisp.

Cafe Iguana: Good cafe & grill

by DSwede Written Oct 23, 2008

Art along Iguana Cafe

Iguana Cafe is a trendy setting with lots of artwork and colorful facades. It doubles as an art gallery, so any of the artwork you see can be purchased also (however in my opinion, the prices on the artwork were expensive).

All the restaurant is open-air, but there is also a patio that has open-sky seating.
    They are open for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Favorite Dish: The dishes range from reasonable to expensive. There are salads, pastas, sea food, steaks, etc. There is a fairly extensive list of wines too.

Honestly, I was quite happy with the chicken salad.

Me Shell's: Local dishes island style

by DSwede Updated Aug 8, 2009

This restaurant is a little trendy, but not as bad as the steak and lobster places in Crown Point. It is an open-air restaurant about 10 minutes drive from Crown Point.

The kitchen closes early, so it is recommended to dine early as well. The kitchen closes at 10pm.
    Many restaurants close on Mondays, but this one is open. Therefore it is closed on Sundays.

Favorite Dish: All the dishes we had were good. The pasts and fish were in my opinion the best.

D' Corner Cafe: Good local food & cheap too

by DSwede Updated Aug 8, 2009

The small restaurant has a few tables, but is just as frequently used as a take-away restaurant by locals.

There is a small buffet-style display case of vegetables and sides. Point to what you want and the staff will serve it up.

As for the main dishes of chicken, fish, steak, etc. Simply choose what you want and they will grill it on the spot.

Favorite Dish: The BBQ chicken was tender and juicy! Well worth the stop.

• Zarasher's Profile Photo

Bago's Beach Bar: Best Goat Roti

by Zarasher Updated Sep 1, 2007

Bago's Beach Bar

It's a beach bar so it has a covering but it is also out in the open. It's right by the sea so you get the lovely sound of the waves. Service is quick and good and prices are reasonable.

Favorite Dish: The goat roti is divine. I had it about 4 times on my trip. I can't explain just how good it is... the potatos *kissing fingers* the goat *kissing fingers* the bread with the chickpeas... just great!

• Women's Travel
    • Study Abroad

• chennaismartguy's Profile Photo

5 small food stalls: Bake & Shark or Crab curry with Dumplings

by chennaismartguy Written Nov 9, 2005

If you are staying anywhere near Crown Point area (Most tourist stay here) just try to reach the Store Bay, (where you can also swim) and you will find 5 little shops which sell Bake & Shark / Carb curry with Dumplings / Dal Puri / Bassup (rotis) etc. It tastes good, we liked it on the first day…we also made it there again for the next day breakfast, since the previous day they told us Bake & shark was sold out.

• Study Abroad

La Cantina: Flame oven pizza

by DSwede Written Oct 23, 2008

This restaurant appears to be nothing special. It has a small bar and a few tables inside which provide views to the pizza oven. Outside are a dozen tables.

Favorite Dish: All the pizzas were great. They are made to order anyway you want. They also have a fully stocked bar if you wish to wash your pizza down with something.

• johnkebab's Profile Photo

Birdwatchers restaurant: Fantastic Lobster

by johnkebab Written Mar 26, 2006

Restaurant from the road

We ended up popping into this place just because of the location, we ordered lobster as it had been a while since we'd had it. What came out was just mindblowing, 1 lobster came out and we thought that was enough for 2 people, then the next came out, just huge lobster, very very well done and absolutely beautiful to eat, together with the setting, just made for an absolutely fantastic experience... Fresh lobster with a caribbean sea breeze blowing over you, pretty much unbeatable.

Favorite Dish: The Lobster, actually, its the only thing we had there, but next time I'm in Tobago, I'll be making a beeline.

• chennaismartguy's Profile Photo

Meshell’s: Carib Foods

by chennaismartguy Written Nov 9, 2005

The restaurant looks neat and clean. We went there, but didn’t ordered anything because of 2 reasons, i) there is not much of a vegetarian choices ii) the kitchen closes by 10:00pm (we went there by 9:30pm)…Closed on Sundays!!! 

• Luxury Travel

Instant Answers: Tobago

Comments

Tobago Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Tobago restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Tobago sightseeing.