Related Turks and Caicos Islands Favorites Tips

by Dabs

Most Viewed Favorites in Turks and Caicos Islands

Infiniti Bar at The Grace Bay Club

by cjg1 Updated Jan 27, 2012

Favorite thing: The Infiniti Bar at the Grace Bay Club is the longest bar in the Caribbean. It stretches 90 feet from the Grace Bay Club to the beach. The bar has also been featured in many travel shows and publications.

Friends of our recommended we come here for drinks during our honeymoon (2009) so twice during our honeymoon we took a nice walk down the beach to enjoy sunset at the Grace Bay Club. Our walk was an hour from our resort but we hardly noticed the time since the scenery was so beautiful.

I have to say that the bar looks more impressive on TV and in magazines than in person. In reality it is not so grand looking but it is still a must see in my opinion. The view is amazing; especially at sunset when the sky is full of color. This was the perfect place to relax with my wife and enjoy the sunset together.

The cocktails here a bit pricey; but worth it. We had the most incredible Strawberry Daiquiris I have ever tasted. They were made with fresh strawberries and juices squeezed right in front of us. We loved the daiquiris so much we came here twice during our honeymoon just for them.

I love that the lounge area has comfy couches, chairs and beds in which to relax and enjoy the sunset. Spending time here is so relaxing especially with such a beautiful view of the beach.

Incredible Sunsets

by cjg1 Updated Jan 27, 2012

Favorite thing: Turks & Caicos has some of the most incredible sunsets I have seen in my travels. Depending on the time of year the sunsets can be quite dramatic with deep, vibrant colors splashed across the sky. My wife and I love a nice sunset dinner or walk on the beach when we are visiting the islands. Each sunset is different and beautiful.

Kick Back with a Tropical Drink

by cjg1 Updated Jun 24, 2011

Favorite thing: No mater where we travel we enjoy kicking back with some tasty cocktails. We try to choose something new or a local specialty of the area. When we travel to Turks & Caicos we enjoy some Turks Head Lager; the local beer or a drink made with a local rum.

My wife and her Rum Runner (May 2011) Yum, Rum Punch Rum Infused Lava Flow Loving my Lava Flow Frosty Rum Drinks in the Jacuzzi

• kucha's Profile Photo

Background Reading?

by kucha Written Jul 18, 2006

Favorite thing: I occasionally like to read about the place I'm visiting from something other than a typical guidebook. If you feel the same, here's the only book I managed to dig up asbout this tiny group of islands:

A History of the Turks & Caicos Islands
    by H.E. Sadler

This book is touted as the "authoritative history" of TCI from the earliest times to the 1980s.

• ScubaCat's Profile Photo

Powdery White Beaches

by ScubaCat Updated Jan 16, 2006

Favorite thing: My most favorite thing about Turks & Caico's, other than the diving was the beauty of the islands. Every trip I took I saw gorgeous white beaches with sand as fine as powder. If you took an excursion to one of the other uninhabited cays for a private picnic or just to be dropped off for the day to explore, you could find gobs and gobs of seashells. Not just the small ones but huge seashells. We found sea biscuits the size of our hands & the conch shells! Wow, they were your hand and forearm put together.

Fondest memory: I would have to say my fondest memory was Wilbert. The little guy in the last picture. On day two he started escorting us back to our villa and in the morning he was there to escort us to breakfast. It got to be such a habit that I started sneaking food for him to eat at night. He absolutely loved the chicken. Every time I stepped outside our villa, there he was looking for us or he would find us on the beach. He even brought me a gecko on day. Oh, he was proud of that gecko. I praised him, then told him it was his....he gobbled it right down, lol. Sometimes he was brave enough to entire our little domain. Or we would leave the door open so he could come & go. On our 2nd to last night I finally discovered that Wilbert was sleeping on our porch to wait for us in the morning rather than joining his brother & sisters for a nice peaceful sleep. I hated to leave Wilbert and on our last day he escorted us from our Villa to the main hotel & that's where I had to say goodbye. Oh that was hard! I started crying, I even cried all the way home on the plane. If I could have brought Wilbert home with us I would have.

Tropical Paradise Dock for the dive boats Gentle Rolling Waves One of the dive boats Wilbert and some of his family
    • Adventure Travel
    • Eco-Tourism
    • Beaches

• miclev21's Profile Photo

In general

by miclev21 Written Oct 5, 2004

Favorite thing: Club med was fantastic. You have tons of activities, there is a party every night.
    You will probably not find that at the other resorts.
    T&C is pretty much a golf place and relaxing except for Club Med which is very active. You can be romantic there; just escape to other parts of the island. I would see what others say at the above .com's.
    You may want to look at Parrot Cay
    Turk and Caicos Club
    Grace Bay Club

Turks and Caicos is beautiful - water, beaches, etc. Perfect weather as well.

http://www.turksandcaicos.tc/ - some of the forums on here as well.

Fondest memory: The Sunset with Sharkeys.

Turks and Caicos Islands Hotels

1 Hotel
Grand Turk Island Hotels
1 Review - 3 Photos

Instant Answers: Turks and Caicos Islands

Comments

Turks and Caicos Islands Favorites

Reviews and photos of Turks and Caicos Islands favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Turks and Caicos Islands sightseeing.
Map of Turks and Caicos Islands