Grand Turk Shopping

Most Recent Shopping in Grand Turk

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Piranha Joe's: Tee Shirts, Swim suits, beach wear, etc...

by cjg1 Updated Jul 12, 2010

Piranah Joe's is a store that has souvenirs, tee shirts, bathing suits and other such clothing all with the Piranha Joe logo or theme. Piranha Joe stores are scattered throughout the ports of the Caribbean and I have yet to see one during my travels in the U.S.

Our last visit to Grand Turk in July 2010, I decided to buy a tee shirt here. I had never purchased a Grand Turk shirt despite our many trips here and decided it was time. I picked out a blue shirt with the Turks & Caicos flag. The shirt was inexpesive at $19.99 which is a bargain compared to other prices on the island.

The Trading Post at Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville: Parrot Head Collectibles

by cjg1 Updated Dec 15, 2009

The Trading Post has all things Margaritaville themed such as : tee shirts, swimwear, glasses, towels, hats, magnets, posters, license plates and more. Any parrot head or fan of Margaritaville can find a gift or souvenir they like in this shop. Liz and I wanted to get some Margaritaville pilser glasses when we first arrived but we wound up ordering Margaritas at Margaritaville next door that came with souvenir pilsner glasses.

Shots please!!! Margarita Glasses of Course Tee shirts & Hats Jimmy Buffet Shorts?!

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Cruise Port Shopping Center: Bringing home some Johnny Walker Blue Baby!

by cjg1 Updated Nov 2, 2009

The Cruise Port Shopping Center has all sorts of duty free products: cosmetics, clothing, jewelry and of course liquor. We had flown to Florida to hop on a cruise and really ween't willing to fly with botles in our checked suitcases until I spotted my Johnny Walker Blue. What made this special was that it was a large heavy blue case with a bottle of JWb and two crystal glasses inside. The box was then put into it's own rollaboard bag with wheels with the JW label on the side. That was it..I was sold knowing my JWB would have it's own suitcase to arrive safetly back in NY. The cost was $189 but for the bottle which was ($108 in St. Maarten), the glasses, the storage case and the rollaboard made it worth it.

My Johnny Walker Blue Me and my JWB safetely in its case Some more JW products Tons of Duty Free Liquor So much to choose from

Ron Jon Surf Shop: New Swimwear for Liz and I

by cjg1 Updated Oct 26, 2009

This shop has everything you could need for the beach: sunglasses, sandals, flip flops, bathingsuits, towels, tee shirts, shorts, coverups, goggles, sun screen and more. The selction here was phenomenal with items for kids and adults. Liz and I found some swim trunks for me and a new bikini for her.

What to buy: My swim trunks were white with bright blue and black tropical flowers. Liz's bikini was a nice string bikini in aqua blue with black accents.

What to pay: The bathingsuit was only $24.99 and so were my trunks.

Bikinis Galore Beachy Tee shirts Liz's new Bikini My new Swim Trunks

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Dizzy & Donkey: Carnival Pier

by grandmaR Written Dec 19, 2008

Originally I had intended to walk around the actual town on Grand Turk and do a little shopping. But the town was destroyed by Hurricane Ike in September 2008. So there was no town to walk around. All that remained (or had been reconstructed), were the shops at the pier.

What to buy: We bought hats to shield us from the sun at the first store after we walked off the pier.

What to pay: Bob bought a straw hat for $12. I bought a fabric one that was a bit more expensive

Some of the stores at the pier Shopping area Some of the stores Bob wearing his hat Rebuilding in 2008
    • Seniors

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Little Switzerland: Jewelry and More(CLOSED)

by cjg1 Written Dec 3, 2008

Little Switzerland is a chain of stores with locations in the Caribbean, Florida and Mexico. They carry evrything from jewelry, watches, LLadro and crystal. There is a large selection to chose from and the staff is very helpful.

What to buy: I found an interesting globe made from assorted gems and stone. It is blue in color and each country on the globe is made from a different material ranging from mother of pearl to Jade and even granite. It's not a large size;large enought to hold in your hand and came mounced on a silver stand. It was quite unusual and we had never seen anything like it before. My rule of thumb is when you see something you like, buy it. You never know if you will ever find it again.

What to pay: The globe was listed as $160 but we paid $120 for it.

LLadro figures My unusual globe

The Dizzy Donkey: Beach Wear

by cjg1 Updated Jul 15, 2010

The Dizzy Donkey is a shop that has assorted beachwear, coverups, swim suits, sundresses, flips and jewelry for women. We always wander in but the items are way too overpriced for what they are.

Instant Answers: Grand Turk

Comments

Grand Turk Shopping

Reviews and photos of Grand Turk shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Grand Turk sightseeing.