Providenciales Island Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Providenciales Island

Hemingway's: Incredible Food and Atmosphere

by cjg1 Updated May 16, 2012

Liz and her Caribbean Lobster Tail

Hemingway's is a favorite restaurant of locals and visitors. We first discovered Hemmingway's during our Honeymoon in 2009 (Two of Liz's friends recommended the place to us as well as a few locals who worked at our resort) and we've returned here every visit to Provo since then.

The restaurant is located at The Sands Resort at Grace Bay. The restaurant is casual with an open air dining room/bar and a deck style dining area on the tips of the dunes. The restaurant is simple in decor with wood accents that did give off that Key West feeling. We loved the casual and relaxing atmosphere with the sound of the waves crashing in the background.

Our first visit, we arrived early and had a seat at the bar to enjoy some drinks before dinner started at 6pm. We notified the hostess that we didn't have reservations but she assured us we'd have a table for six. After our drinks the hostess came and escorted us to a nice candlelit table for two and handed us menus. Our waitress came by shortly thereafter for our drink order. Liz and I both ordered unsweetened iced teas. The menu had a nice mix of local items such as Caribbean Lobster and conch as well as some international items such as Thai Chicken. It didn't take long for Liz to decide she wanted the Caribbean Lobster Tail. I decided to have the Thai Chicken Stir Fry for my entree.

As we waited for our meal we were spotted by two of Liz's friends who were staying at the Sands resort with their family for the Thanksgiving holiday (they were also getting ready to dine at this restaurant). They were seated at a table next to us which made it a fun and interesting night. Our food came about twenty minutes after we ordered which I thought was pretty fast for "island time". Wow, the portions were huge and the food was incredible. We both finished our entire entrees.

For dessert I ordered the Fried Ice Cream which I had heard is a must for visiting this establishment. Liz had her favorite: creme brulee. The fried ice cream was served in a bowl that was made of fried dough coated with cinnamon and sugar. The fried ice cream was delicious and I loved the drizzle of chocolate sauce on top. Liz loved her creme brulee which made me happy to see since she had wanted a really good creme brulee badly.

We have always returned here when we visit Provo, the meals here are always excellent, the service is good and the beach-side setting can't be beat. I would recommend Hemingway's to anyone visiting Provo.

Favorite Dish: The Thai Chicken Stir Fry was incredible. It was a large plate of chicken with a tasty Thai sauce and sesame seeds. Vegetables and rice were under the chicken. The fried ice cream was the best that I have had anywhere.

Liz loved her Caribbean Lobster Tail and the rice and veggies that came with it were very good; I stole a fork full.

Cricketer's: Tasty Pub Food

by cjg1 Updated Jun 23, 2011

Apple Crumble

Cricketer's is the resort's(Beaches) Irish/English style pub. As the name suggested the decor had many Cricket themed accents and souvenirs. The bar area was large with plenty of bar seats and tables. The restaurant had plenty of tables and booth areas if a meal was what you desired. On one side of the bar behind two doors was the smoker's lounge and pool tables (three in total).

There is a nice pub menu with typical pub grub appetizers, meals and desserts. Just about any drink you want is available from beer, frozen drinks, wine and champagne. There are several TV's in the place that always had a sporting event on: football, soccer, rugby, basketball and cricket.

Cricketer's was is one of our favorite places to grab a good lunch or a snack during the day. The food here is excellent and the desserts are very good. Patrick our favorite bartender makes the most incredible Margarita ever! We love coming here for the good food, friendly service and good times whenevre we stay at Beaches.

Favorite Dish: The shepherds pie, chicken pot pie and curry chicken were my favorite dishes here. I liked their shrimp cocktail appetizer but the appetizer called the Bouncer was hands down my favorite . The Bouncer were thick cut potato wedges that were fried. They were topped with chunky bleu cheese dressing. Oh my God they are so good!

The desserts here were delicious especially the apple crumble and the English Cream. The Apple Crumble was sort of an Apple Crisp and very sweet. The English Cream was an English style creme brulee with a gingerbread cookie on the side. It was one of my favorite desserts at the resort.

• Hemingway's: Perched on the scenic shore of Grace Bay Beach

by Charles_Edwards Written Dec 9, 2010

Resort guests and morning beach-walkers are drawn to the beautiful view on the deck and enjoy breakfasts including cinnamon raison French toast or huevos rancheros with fresh black bean salsa on a lightly seasoned tortilla. There's also everything in between from fresh fruit to traditional eggs benedict.

Hemingway's is equally irresistible for lunch, serving an array of gourmet sandwiches, entrée salads and specialties such as soft fish tacos, mango shrimp salad and Caribbean jerk chicken & chips. Sweet tooths will be tempted with choices ranging from key lime pie with a graham cracker crust to fried ice-cream with cinnamon powdered sugar and chocolate sauce.

A dinner favorite is the fresh grouper - lightly spiced and pan seared, served with a tequila sauced veggie salsa with charred onions, black beans, corn, carrots and red and green peppers. For another seafood choice, try the exquisite lightly sauteed shrimp with delicious pesto cream over penne pasta. For the gourmet palate, try the filet mignon grilled with a fragrant red wine mushroom sauce. Also ask your server about the Catch of the Day.

Favorite Dish: Conch (pronounced "conk") fritters, Conch chowder, and Cuban black bean soup.

• Spa and Resort

Gordon's in the Piazza: Tasty Pizzas and Paninni's

Plain Cheese Pizza

Gordon's is a nice, casual outdoor eatery in the Italian village. The tables are half under a canopied rotunda and the other tables line the perimeter. Liz and I liked coming here for a pizza lunch or for a snack if we were in this particular section of the resort. Gordon's had a little bit of everything when it came to food: pizza, paninis, salad, burgers and hot dogs. The service here is definitely on "island time" but they were very nice and friendly.

I enjoyed sitting at the outdoor tables and enjoying some tasty. I liked that this place was out of the way and not very busy.

Favorite Dish: The Hawaiian Pizza was very good as well as the Margarita and pepperoni.

Bobby D's: 50's Style Burger Joint

by cjg1 Updated Jul 31, 2010

Swiss Burger with onions and french fries

I was so determined that I was not going to set foot in the place when I first read it was a 1950's style burger joint. I thought to myself"it must be like that God awful Johnny Rockets Place". When we arrived at the resort our room wasn't ready yet and this was the only place open for lunch so early. We walked in and were greeted warmly by Lorna who showed us to a table immediately. Our drink orders were taken and we were given menus. The menu consisted of burgers, hot dogs, pizza, sandwiches, fries, onion rings, mac n cheese and ice cream. I decided on the Swiss burger with onions and Liz had a regular cheeseburger with fries. Our burgers were delivered about 10 minutes later by the smiling Lorna. To my surprise the burger was excellent and the fries were very good.

During our vacation we stopped here frequently for a burger, chicken sandwich, steak sandwich, fries, onion rings, ice cream and milkshakes. The milkshakes here are excellent and the chocolate chip shake is out of this world good. The staff here was always friendly, the food was very good and the service was on point.

Favorite Dish: The burgers here are perfectly cooked and juicy. The fries here are excellent. The milkshakes are thick and creamy; just how they should be. The Clucker sandwich was very tasty and the steak sandwich had good meat and cheese.

Arizonas: Okay BBQ

by cjg1 Updated Jul 31, 2010

Arizona's was the BBQ restaurant of the resort. They had ribs,chicken and assorted meats such as t-bone steaks. We came to Provo with seafood and Caribbean dishes in mind so we only came here once for lunch. The restaurant is located in the Caribbean Village section of the resort with a large outdoor patio as well as an inside dining room.

We decided to have lunch on the patio since it was such a nice day. We were seated at a table for two with a nice view of the garden. Our waitress was quick to get us some unsweetened iced teas and show us to the buffet. The buffet was located inside with an assortment of meat, chicken, pasta, rice, potatoes, salad, fruit, seafood and desserts. I had some of the curry beef and chicken with some fried potato. Liz had some of the penne pasta, fruit and a beef patty. The food was okay, nothing to rave about.

Barefoot by the Sea: Beachy Barefoot Dining

Breakfast Burrito

Barefoot by the Sea is one of the restaurants on the Beaches property serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. The restaurant is close to the beach right by the sand dunes. There are several picnic tables set up under a hut styled roof. The tables are set in the white sand of the beach so need to worry about wearing shoes.

The menu has a variety of American items as well as local and international specialties. Our favorite meals here were breakfast. We enjoyed eating outside with our feet in the sand in the early morning before it got too hot outside. During our meals here we usually were seated in the same table for two in the sand. Breakfast began with a fresh fruit salad and breakfast pastries being brought to the table. The fruit salad was a favorite of mine with delicious pineapple, cantaloupe, kiwi, watermelon and grapes. My breakfast of choice was the breakfast burrito which was incredibly good. Most days Liz just had a bagel with cream cheese and some apple juice.

Lunch here was good but a bit on the hot side. Our one dinner experience here; Liz's meat was inedible so we didn't return for another try. The service here is definitely on "island time" so don't expect to be in and out in a hurry. Despite the slow pace of the staff they are very friendly and accommodating.

Favorite Dish: The breakfast burrito was my favorite. Two tortillas filled with bacon, sausage, peppers, scrambled eggs and cheese. It was a perfectly cooked breakfast that was tasty and a good portion.

Bella Napoli: Wood Oven Pizza

Pepperoni Pizza

Bella Napoli is the Pizza joint of the resort. There are a large grouping of tables by the Caribbean pool or you can do take out. Liz and I often stopped here for a pizza snack when we were lounging on the beach. Table service here is very fast so we never bothered with the take out option. The Pizzeria serves a variety of pizzas; Margarita, Hawaiian, white, pepperoni, veggie and other specialty pizzas. The pizzas are baked in a brick oven and are quite tasty. The pizzas are individual mini pizzas and are perfect for one person if it's a meal or split between two people for a snack.

Favorite Dish: The Hawaiian Pizza here was very good and I also liked the Pepperoni.

Cafe de Paris: Not Exactly Authentic French Pastry

Strawberry Cheesecake & Apricot Tart

Cafe de Paris was located in the French Village section of our resort. It was a small bakery with some indoor tables as well as outdoor tables. Cafe de Paris was advertised as the resorts Authentic French Bakery. They did have some French style pastries and crepes but it wasn't all traditional French pastry. They had cheesecakes, eclairs, pumpkin pie, cream puffs, apple strudel, cookies, eclairs, apricot tarts, raspberry tarts and special items of the day. They also served cappuccino and coffee drinks.

Frequently my wife Liz and I stopped in for some pastry to bring back to our suite or for a snack before hitting the pools or beach. The pastry was good but not "Oh My God this is Delicious". I did enjoy the Strawberry Cheesecake, Pumpkin Pie and the Vanilla eclairs. Liz liked the strudel and the Apricot tart. Liz tried a cappuccino one morning but said it was gross and threw it out.

Favorite Dish: The Strawberry Cheesecake was good and in a small cupcake wrapper; perfect bit size. The vanilla eclairs were good and a mini size as well. The Pumpkin Pie was a small individual slice and actually quite good.

Mario's: Not The Best Food and Shoddy Service

by cjg1 Updated Jul 31, 2010

The smile before the horror

Mario's is an Italian Restaurant of the Beaches Resort located in the Italian Village section. The restaurant is one of the largest of the resort with a large patio for al fresco dining and several large dining areas inside. Breakfast and Lunch are served here buffet style and dinner is sit down. The food here (besides breakfast) is Italian themed. The appearance of the restaurant is very nice with a Tuscan theme to it. High ceilings and warm colored walls gave it a warm feel despite the large size.

Our first day at the resort we decided to try Mario's for dinner. We were seated at a table for two in what I call "no man's land". I felt we were hidden away in the corner. It took quite a bit of time for a waitress to give us menus and take our drink order. She disapeared for some time before reappearing with our drinks and taking our order. Bread was put on the table along with an olive pasty concoction that was rather nasty tasting. We were told we were free to go to their antipasto buffet to select some appetizers. The buffet was impressive to view with cheeses, salads, meats, seafood, fruit, veggies, soups and breads displayed in a large room. Liz and I filled our plates with some food and brought it back to the table. The antipasto was okay; nothing to rave about. Our food arrived about 20 minutes after we had had the antipasto. My penne vodka with shrimp was okay but Liz's meal was inedible. Her pasta was in a tomato sauce with onions and pancetta. The onions were undercooked in in huge pieces. The pancetta was not pancetta but American Bacon and undercooked and soggy. Needless to say we weren't happy. After that mess of a meal I still decided to try some Tiramisu for dessert....what a mistake that was. The tiramisu arrived deconstructed. There was the cream on one side of the plate, the sponge cake on another side and a lump of something brown in the middle. All parts were disgusting. We left totally dissatisfied and went to Le Petit Chateau to get Liz some edible food.

Breakfast here was no better the staff was just as slow and forgetful as the dinner crew. The buffet was rather disorganized and poorly stocked. There was onlly one toaster for the bread and the line was ridicuously long to toast a bagel. After we sat down to eat our meal we still didn't receive our drinks. We were done eating and still no drinks. We decided to write this place off and not return. We did report this bad service and food though to management. Maybe they will attend to this problem. It is a shame since the restaurant is visually spectacular.

Reflections: Tropical Breakfast Buffet

French Toast, Bacon and Potatoes

Reflections was one of the three buffets available at the resort. Reflections served breakfast, lunch and dinner. We only had breakfast here since we like table service restaurants for lunch and dinner. The breakfast buffet had a large variety: fresh fruit, smoothie station, pancakes, waffles, french toast, breakfast potatoes, sausage, bacon, ham, pastry, breads, cereals hot and cold, cheeses, yogurt, eggs, omlettes and assorted cold cuts. Assorted juices, coffee, tea and alcoholic beverages were also available.

We ate here a few times for breakfast and were very happy with the food quality and selection. The service here was very good and I liked the tropical decor and bright airy dining room.

Favorite Dish: I really enjoyed the scrambled eggs, french toast , bacon and home fried potatoes. The pineapple and the watermelon was very good and sweet. The Mimosas were excellent and they kept them coming.

Schooner's: Seafood Dining

Crab Cake

Schooner's is one of the Seafood themed restaurants of the Beaches Resort. The menu is full of seafood themed items as well as local dishes. The restaurant has a large wrap around covered terrace for outdoor dining as well as indoor dining. The decor is nautical with sailing accents.

The best way to describe the food here is hit or miss. Some items were very good and others were not. We arrived at Schooner's a bit late since we were busy walking the beach and were surprised to get seated so quickly. Our server Charles was very nice and attentive. Within minutes of sitting down we had our drinks and bread on the table. We ordered some appetizers: crab cake for my wife and crab claws and conch chowder for me. The crab cake was very good and I liked the chowder. The crab claws were okay but nothing spectacular. For an entree I had the chicken with a curry sauce which was quite nice. Liz ordered the Lobster and Shrimp Risotto. The Risotto was overcooked and resembled oatmeal. The shrimp tasted fishy and there were lobster shells that Liz bit into . Needless to say she pushed away her plate and didn't eat any further. After finishing our iced teas we headed off to find her something better to eat.

We spoke to other people about the food quality and our experience and it seems that the food here is hit or miss. It seems the night we were dining here there was a private function being catered out of the restaurant. Maybe this was the reason for the bad risotto. It was the only bad dish we had out of five so I will let this slide.

Favorite Dish: The conch chowder was very good and ad some nice spice to it. The crab claws were okay but I've had better. The crab cake was very good. I stole a few bites from my wife and I really like the breading and the taste. My chicken was very juicy and well cooked. The curry sauce was a bit spicy but I enjoyed it.

Kimonos: Good Hibachi Style Food

by cjg1 Updated Jul 31, 2010

Fried shrimp, Chicken skewer, sushi roll

Kimonos is the Hibachi restaurant of the resort. This is the only restaurant on the property that requires reservations and boy are they hard to get. We were able to get reservations two days before we were leaving at 8pm. The restaurant is decorated with brightly colored and intricately designed Kimonos on the wall. Several grill areas were in the restaurant with seating for twelve around the grill.

We arrived promptly at 7:45pm and were ushered into a waiting area. Once all the guests for our seating arrived; we were then escorted to the table. Our waitress came over and took the drink orders. Our chef who had a name tag reading "Fortune Cookie" (funny since he was a huge Jamaican guy) came with all the food items to the grill. There was a menu; but I was surprised to find out we were getting everything on the menu cooked for us. We were then asked if anyone had any allergies; we all said no and he began to cook. Our waitress returned with our drinks and our first course of fried shrimp, grilled vegetables with chicken on a skewer and a sushi roll. The next course was an onion soup which was quite nice. A vegetable pancake was then served along with a large plate of grilled vegetables. Shrimp, Beef and Mahi Mahi were also cooked and added to our plates. The food was good and the portions were a good size. After that meal I had no room for dessert but Liz decided on some Green Tea Ice Cream.

The food "show" was the typical Hibachi style show you find at any one of these places. The food was good but a bit salty for our tastes. The service was good and everyone was friendly. We even made some friends during our meal with a nice couple from Nashville; Cherise and Jeff. We had too much fun talking that were were asked to leave since they had to close for the night. I was glad to have tried the restaurant and would return again for a meal.

Giuseppe's: Good Buffet Breakfast

Bagel, Bacon, Fruit and a Crepe

Giuseppe's is one of the buffet restaurants located at the Beaches resort in the French Village section. Giuseppe's has both outdoor seating al fersco style and indoor seating. The theme and decor is Mediterranean. We only at here for breakfast since we prefer a sit down lunch and dinner. My wife and I are fans of a good buffet breakfast and Giuseppe's was the place to get it. The buffet had a large selection of: potatoes, bacon, sausage, pancakes, waffles, eggs, omelets, crepes, cereals, pastry, breads, fruit, cheeses and cold cuts. The service here is excellent and the staff always had are glasses full with the beverage of our choice which was usually an iced tea, apple juice or Mimosa.

Favorite Dish: I was a big fan of the eggs and potatoes here. the hash browns were perfectly seasoned and cooked. The bacon here was quite good and their fresh fruit was very good. Liz enjoyed their crepe station and would get crepes every day with a cinnamon sugar filling.

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Le Petit Chateau: Are we in Provence and not Provo?

Creme Brulee

Le Petit Chateau is one of the two Adults only restaurants at the Beaches resort as well as one of our favorite restaurants. The restaurant looks like a small Chateau from the outside and inside is decorated with warm colors and Provencal accents. The dining area is intimate with candles illuminating each table. The menu is full of traditional French dishes such as onion soup, creme brulee, an bouillabaisse.

The staff here is excellent: Stephen the Maire D, Kerry Anne, Dion and Marnya were wonderful. They made each dining experience special and memorable. The food here is unbelievable good and the presentation is fantastic.

Upon entering the restaurant you are given a glass of champagne and showed to your table. Fresh baked, warm french bread is brought to the table with a trio of butter. Each night the butter flavors change. We loved the garlic, herb and especially the tomato flavored butters with that delicious warm bread. The appetizers were out of this word and we loved the gnocchi and shrimp, onion soup, asparagus and prociutto and the mushroom risotto. The entrees were delicious: the vegetable risotto, Bouillabaisse, salmon in puffed pastry, filet, snapper and the short ribs. Dessert here was heaven with my favorite chocolate lava cake and Liz's favorite creme brulee. The staff keeps the champagne flowing and I loved that touch.

Our last night at the restaurant we felt sad to be leaving. The staff knew us both by name and we loved talking to them during our visits. As we left that night we got hugs from everyone and felt sad to be leaving on of our favorite restaurants and our friends behind.

Favorite Dish: The french bread was wonderful. Fresh and warm out of the oven it was the perfect blend of crunch crust and soft inside. It was perfectly complimented by the flavored butters. The onion soup was superb. A large bowl of soup with gooey melted cheese on top was so warm and delicious. Liz and I both agreed that this soup was in our top five for onion soups we have had before. Our favorite appetizer hands down was the homemade gnocchi with shrimp. The gnocchi were tender, the shrimp was fresh and the tomato sauce was delicious with a hint of peppery spice. My favorite entree hands down was the salmon in puff pastry. It was cooked perfectly and well seasoned. The puff pastry was buttery and flaky...so good. Liz's favorite dish was the vegetable Risotto that was flavored with Saffron. The molten chocolate cake was the best. I ordered this dessert every night. The cake was served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a berry compote. The chocolate was decadent and so creamy. Liz's creme brulee was a small ramekin of creme brulee served with a sweet almond biscuit and a serving a pineapple compote. She loved it and ordered it every night.

Instant Answers: Providenciales Island

Comments

Providenciales Island Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Providenciales Island restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Providenciales Island sightseeing.

View all Providenciales Island hotels