Providenciales Island Things to Do

by cjg1

Most Recent Things to Do in Providenciales Island

Relax and Float Down the Lazy River

by cjg1 Updated Jul 31, 2010

My baby floating down the river

The Lazy River was a fun yet relaxing activity at the resort. Located in the water park section; the lazy river is a big draw for kids and adults alike. My wife and I loved the lazy river during the late afternoon after we had finished with the beach. There were plenty of tubes available so we would just grab one and hop in the river. The river wound around the entire water park and around the water slides. Two of the water slides dumped people into an outlet that lead into the lazy river. The river passed through some shaded areas as well and three waterfalls that drenched you if you didn't watch out.

I loved our time floating around in the tubes especially with some frosty drinks in hand.

Romantic Breakfast in Bed

by cjg1 Updated Jul 31, 2010

So much food for only two people....

As WeddingMooners the resort gave us a romantic breakfast in bed our first morning at the resort. A Butler came to our room with a large cart with plates full of pancakes, pastry, eggs, bacon, potatoes, fruit, juices, tea and champagne. The breakfast was delicious especially the eggs, bacon and pancakes with real maple syrup. The food was just too much for us to finish and we left a majority of it still on the plates. The champagne was a perfect way to toast to a new morning in Provo.

• Spa and Resort

Romantic Candlelit Dinner on the Beach

by cjg1 Updated Jul 31, 2010

My wife and I enjoying a romantic meal

We were fortunate to have two candlelit dinners on the beach during our honeymoon. Our first one was the night of our beach ceremony and the second was on the Anniversary of our engagement (November 27th). Candlelit dinners are an added cost to the stay at $180 per couple. One of Liz's friends gave us a candlelit dinner as a gift and booked it ahead of our arrival to Provo.

The candlelit dinner is definitely a must do for any couple. We were escorted by a butler to the beach. There was a nice table for two with a large torch that was draped in bright pink flowers. We were seated at the table and given glasses of champagne. Our butler was Tony both nights and her was extremely friendly and efficient. Our glasses were always full of champagne and each course was presented perfectly. The food was very good and we had already pre-selected our courses before each meal.

Our first course was the tropical salad with mangoes, melon, avocado and hearts of palm in a tasty vinaigrette. Our appetizer was coconut encrusted Tiger Prawns which has a cucumber mango dipping sauce that was out of this world good. Our main course one night was the fillet which was excellent in a red wine sauce. Our second meal was the Caribbean lobster which had West Indian Spices. Dessert was the chef's special for two. Both times it was an apple that had it's cavity removed and delicious rice pudding was stuffed inside. Meringue sandwiches were stuffed with flavored cream and drizzled with chocolate and fruit sauce. The dessert was awesome and I loved the rice pudding.

Eating dinner in such a beautiful setting on the beach was an experience I will never forget. There were were all alone on the beach with the breeze blowing, waves crashing on the sand and enjoying an incredible meal together. It was amazing; nothing could be more perfect.

Enjoy the Red Lane Spa

The Spa Pavillions

The Red Lane Spa at Beaches is incredible. Some of Liz's co-workers had thrown us a shower before we left and given us several spa treatments as gifts. We pre-booked our treatments before we left on our trip to ensure we had the times and dates we wanted for our schedule.

The spa itself is comprised of three buildings: reception area; fitness area and the treatment areas. Upon arriving at the spa we checked in at the reception building. We filled out some paperwork (basic medical questions regarding illnesses, medications, etc.). We had a seat and were offered tea or citrus infused water. We had some lime water while we waited. A staff member arrived and escorted me to the men's locker area and Liz to the female locker area. The locker area had changing rooms, showers, steam rooms and couches to relax before and after treatments. The space is quite large and beautifully decorated marble and tropical accents. I was shown to a room and given a locker key to put my watch and clothes into a wooden locker. A soft robe and slippers were provided for me. Once I was robbed up I was escorted to the massage room where Liz was waiting. After our massage we had a scalp massage, reflexology, body scrub and facial. We were then escorted to the whirlpool room where we enjoyed a wonderful whirlpool for two which was out of this world. After our whirlpool we were escorted to a garden area with tropical waterfalls. We were given more lime water and seated in comfy reclining chairs for our pedicures. After our treatments were done we went back to our respective locker rooms for showers and to change. The staff at the Spa were wonderful and this was a great addition to our honeymoon.

During our visit we had two spas days that included a couples massage, whirlpool, facial, body scrub, reflexology, scalp massages and pedicures. The massages here were insanely good and I loved the whirlpool afterwords. The body scrub was nice and the first I had ever had; it made me feel like I had baby skin. The facial was a first for me but very relaxing. The pedicure was funny since I had a problem with laughing too much when they tickled my feet. Our first spa day was the day after we arrived and much needed since we were tired from our journey and first day. Our second spa visit was the day before we left and was a perfect way to wrap up our wonderful trip.

• Spa and Resort

Taylor Bay

by chris_manzo Written Jun 28, 2010

You turn left on south dock road from the main leeward highway and take this road right to the end ( where caicos oil refinery is), right before the end of the road which is the entrance to the refinery you will see a road on your right hand side. Turn right at this road and keep driving ( past sapodiall bay entrance, past Las brisas restaurant) and when you approach a road that begins with "Ocean", i forgot the whole name but it is Ocean Point or Ocean boulevard I think. Drive on this road right before the ocean point sign and on the right hand side there is a dirt patch that can fit about 2-3 cars. You walk along this path ( you should see tennis courts on your right hand side) and this will lead you to the beach !!

Sapodilla Bay

by chris_manzo Written Jun 28, 2010

Calmest, clearest water you will see.

You turn left on south dock road from the main leeward highway and take this road right to the end ( where caicos oil refinery is), right before the end of the road which is the entrance to the refinery you will see a road on your right hand side. Turn right at this road and the first dirt road on your left hand side behind a green house with a fence is sapodilla bay ( there should be a sign on the right hand side hydro pole that states it is sapodilla bay).

Snorkelling !

by chris_manzo Written Jun 28, 2010

There are many places to snorkel in Turks. Please check various websites for certain spots. One of them I can comment on is a reef directly in front of the Coral Gardens hotel. You can leave your towel and gear in the area beside the hotels umbrellas and chairs and go experience the wonderful marine life. Ive attached just a few of the many pics I took with my underwater camera

Explore the Island

Walking the beach

Most people staying at one of the resorts never leave their resort which is sad. There is so much to explore on Provo. Liz and I loved walking the beach and exploring the other resorts and restaurants. Taking a cab to the Blue Hills and experiencing the Conch Festival was a great way to immerse ourselves in island life. So much can be found on Provo if you just take the time to explore whether on foot or by cab; you won't be sorry you did.

Treasure Beach

by cjg1 Updated Dec 14, 2009

Can it get any better than this?

Treasure Beach was a section of beach where the island vendors would sell their good and where the weekly beach party took place. The beach was a small section and very crowded with vendors and families. We only walked this beach during the late afternoon and when we wanted to shop for souvenirs.

Play on the Beach

Drawing a Heart in the Sand with Liz

When we hit the beach; we become little kids again. Whether is jumping in the water, making a sand castle, drawing things in the sand or just running around. I love the fact that I can be silly and have fun with my wife. We always have fun and enjoy everything we do together.

Play Some Lawn Chess

Dressed for Chess

Our resort had several Lawn Chess Boards throughout the resort. Liz is a big fan or Lawn Chess and checkers os she was delighted to see them. As we waited for our room to be ready we had some fun with one of the chess boards.

Enoy the View from the Pier

by cjg1 Updated Dec 14, 2009

Liz relaxing on the pier

The Pier was the hub of activity of the resort with sail boats, catamarans and dive boats docking and sailing out. We enjoyed walking the pier after the boats were done for the day and enjoying the beautiful water views or just sitting down and relaxing.

Relax in the Jacuzzi

by cjg1 Updated Dec 10, 2009

Liz and I enjoying the jacuzzi

Relaxing in the jacuzzi was our favorite way to end the evening before heading back to the room for the night. There were several jacuzzis on the property but our favorite was in the French Village. We never saw anyone in the jacuzzis at night so we had the jacuzzi all to ourselves every night. During the day there were a few people in the jacuzzis but never for long; we seemed to be the only two jacuzzi enthusiasts.

It was wonderful to relax in the large jacuzzi with the warm bubbly water under the stars. We would grab a drink at the bar and hop in the jacuzzi. The jets on our bodies hep relax us for a nice evening and sleep to follow.

Swim the Crystal Blue Waters

by cjg1 Updated Dec 10, 2009

The Mr & Mrs enjoying the water

One of the best things about Provo is the crystal blue waters. The water is clean, calm and so beautiful. It's very easy to spent hours in the water and not want to get out; time seems to stand still when you're enjoying such beauty. Some of my favorite moments from the honeymoon was just swimming in the water with Liz or holding her in my arms in the water.

• Snorkel trip to West Caicos

by rebaelectric Written Aug 4, 2009

Even though there are two snorkel spots from the shore at Grace Bay, you should definitely book at snorkel trip to West Caicos with Dive Provo! Dive Provo was the friendliest company we found in Provo, very helpful and professional. It was a great trip, nice change from sitting on the beach. They pick you up and take you on one of the dive boats out to West Caicos and you snorkel two spots in the marine park on the western side of the island. Beautiful boat ride, beautiful water, snacks and drinks provided, snorkel gear if you don't have it. We saw a baby nurse shark right away, a giant lobster, two big barracuda, and loads of smaller fish! It was awesome! Just check in with them when you arrive because the snorkel trips are only 1-2 times a week.

Instant Answers: Providenciales Island

Comments

Providenciales Island Things to Do

Reviews and photos of Providenciales Island things to do posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Providenciales Island sightseeing.

View all Providenciales Island hotels