Providenciales Island Things to Do

by cjg1

Best Rated Things to Do in Providenciales Island

Relax in the Jacuzzi

by cjg1 Updated Dec 10, 2009

Liz and I enjoying the jacuzzi

Relaxing in the jacuzzi was our favorite way to end the evening before heading back to the room for the night. There were several jacuzzis on the property but our favorite was in the French Village. We never saw anyone in the jacuzzis at night so we had the jacuzzi all to ourselves every night. During the day there were a few people in the jacuzzis but never for long; we seemed to be the only two jacuzzi enthusiasts.

It was wonderful to relax in the large jacuzzi with the warm bubbly water under the stars. We would grab a drink at the bar and hop in the jacuzzi. The jets on our bodies hep relax us for a nice evening and sleep to follow.

Take a Dip in the Riviera Pool

Swimming away...

The Riviera Pool is the zero entry pool located in the French Village. The pool is surrounded by the lush gardens of the French Village. Cabanas and lounge chairs surround the perimeter of the pool. An Italian colonnade with large terrace overlooks the pool on one end. The other end has the swim up pol bar and lounge area. The pool is very large with a separate kiddie pool on one side, a large jacuzzi and a pool bar. The pool is shallow with the greatest depth being five feet. Plenty of floating mats in tropical colors are available at either end of the pool for guests.

Liz and I enjoyed swimming in the French pool/ It was less crowded than the other pools and closer to our room. Relaxing on a mat with a tropical drink and floating through the pool was a favorite activity of ours. We met several couple during our honeymoon and had fun sitting around the pool bar enjoying some drinks and discussing our life.

Take a Dip in the Caribbean Pools

by cjg1 Updated Jul 31, 2010

The Caribbean Village section of the resort had two small pool areas with jacuzzis. The pools were less crowded than the Trevi or Italian pools on the other side of the resort. The Caribbean pools were used for water volleyball games and water aerobics in the morning and early afternoon hours. We only managed to swim here once since we enjoyed the heated Trevi pool and the Riviera pool the best.

The Conch Festival

by cjg1 Updated Jul 31, 2010

We were happy to find out when we arrived in Provo that the Conch Festival was on November 28th in the Blue Hills. There were advertisements all over the resort about the Festival and its events. Liz and I decided to take a cab to the festival (at a whopping $60). After a traffic filled taxi ride; we were let off right outside of the Three Queen’s Bar & Restaurant. The area was packed with locals and tourist alike clamoring to get to vendors or see events. The music was blaring and dancing was breaking out everywhere. It felt like Mardi Gras.

Food competitions such as: Categories include Best Conch Salad, Best Conch Chowder, Best Specialty Conch, Best Presentation and Best in Show were big crowd pleasers. Apparently the local restaurants are very competitive and work all year long to perfect their recipes.

The Mojito competition was something we had to see since we had sampled the Hemingway's Raspberry Mojito entry just days prior to the competition. They didn't win any prizes but I wasn't shocked considering their competition was from some of the higher end resorts.

Competitions such as conch cracking and conch blowing were also occurring. The conch blowing contest was fun with seeing who could make the best noise come out of the shell. Crafts and local vendors sold souvenirs and food as well as a visit from Santa Claus.

It was a fun event and we were glad to have seen it even though the cab was expensive.

The French Gardens

by cjg1 Updated Jul 31, 2010

The French Garden were Versailles inspired with beautiful flowers, manicured lawns and statuary throughout. Several stone benches throughout the gardens provided a nice place to sit, relax and watch some of the many butterflies fly around the garden. There were also several birds and cats roaming the garden grounds.

Relax in a Hammock

Liz enjoying a Hammock in the Frech Village

I love Hammocks and try to find one wherever we travel. Our resort had a multitude of hammocks on the property; at the beach, in the gardens, overlooking the pool. Liz and I enjoyed swinging away in several of the hammocks and enjoying life.

Snorkel

by cjg1 Updated Jul 31, 2010

Snorkeling was a free activity at our resort. Snorkel equipment was kept at the Water Sports Desk. We were able to give our room number and sign out the equipment. Snorkel areas were designated by red buoys in the water. There were both man made and natural reefs. Our first day of snorkeling we didn't see much in the water. A few small silver fish drifted by. Our second day snorkeling had a larger variety of fish and sand dollars. It was a fun experience and Liz's first time snorkeling ever.

Enjoy a Sunset Catamaran Cruise

by cjg1 Updated Sep 22, 2010

Our first crusie as Mr & Mrs.

As a gift; one of Liz's friends booked us on a sunset catamaran cruise aboard the Kitty Kat. We boarded the catamaran at 2:30pm and set sail for cruise around Grace Bay. There were 6 other people aboard the catamaran so it was not crowded at all. The catamaran had a full bar serving drinks and well as a DJ playing some tunes.

It was a perfect day weather wise with blue skies and just a touch of wind. Liz and I found some seats and got some drinks (two Turks Head Lagers). As we pulled away from the dock the resort became smaller and smaller. The water was relatively calm and very beautiful. I liked watching how the water changed from light blue and then to dark blue as we sailed further out. Sitting on deck and seeing the sights from the water was wonderful. Liz and I enjoyed spotting places we had walked along the beach and how different they looked from the water. A few other boats and kayaks were in the area as we sailed by.

It was such a nice experience relaxing with my wife and watching the sky change colors and the sun set . Even though there were other on the boat we felt as if it was just the two of us. It was another magical experience of our honeymoon and a memory that will last a lifetime.

Enjoy the Red Lane Spa

The Spa Pavillions

The Red Lane Spa at Beaches is incredible. Some of Liz's co-workers had thrown us a shower before we left and given us several spa treatments as gifts. We pre-booked our treatments before we left on our trip to ensure we had the times and dates we wanted for our schedule.

The spa itself is comprised of three buildings: reception area; fitness area and the treatment areas. Upon arriving at the spa we checked in at the reception building. We filled out some paperwork (basic medical questions regarding illnesses, medications, etc.). We had a seat and were offered tea or citrus infused water. We had some lime water while we waited. A staff member arrived and escorted me to the men's locker area and Liz to the female locker area. The locker area had changing rooms, showers, steam rooms and couches to relax before and after treatments. The space is quite large and beautifully decorated marble and tropical accents. I was shown to a room and given a locker key to put my watch and clothes into a wooden locker. A soft robe and slippers were provided for me. Once I was robbed up I was escorted to the massage room where Liz was waiting. After our massage we had a scalp massage, reflexology, body scrub and facial. We were then escorted to the whirlpool room where we enjoyed a wonderful whirlpool for two which was out of this world. After our whirlpool we were escorted to a garden area with tropical waterfalls. We were given more lime water and seated in comfy reclining chairs for our pedicures. After our treatments were done we went back to our respective locker rooms for showers and to change. The staff at the Spa were wonderful and this was a great addition to our honeymoon.

During our visit we had two spas days that included a couples massage, whirlpool, facial, body scrub, reflexology, scalp massages and pedicures. The massages here were insanely good and I loved the whirlpool afterwords. The body scrub was nice and the first I had ever had; it made me feel like I had baby skin. The facial was a first for me but very relaxing. The pedicure was funny since I had a problem with laughing too much when they tickled my feet. Our first spa day was the day after we arrived and much needed since we were tired from our journey and first day. Our second spa visit was the day before we left and was a perfect way to wrap up our wonderful trip.

• Spa and Resort

Romantic Candlelit Dinner on the Beach

by cjg1 Updated Jul 31, 2010

My wife and I enjoying a romantic meal

We were fortunate to have two candlelit dinners on the beach during our honeymoon. Our first one was the night of our beach ceremony and the second was on the Anniversary of our engagement (November 27th). Candlelit dinners are an added cost to the stay at $180 per couple. One of Liz's friends gave us a candlelit dinner as a gift and booked it ahead of our arrival to Provo.

The candlelit dinner is definitely a must do for any couple. We were escorted by a butler to the beach. There was a nice table for two with a large torch that was draped in bright pink flowers. We were seated at the table and given glasses of champagne. Our butler was Tony both nights and her was extremely friendly and efficient. Our glasses were always full of champagne and each course was presented perfectly. The food was very good and we had already pre-selected our courses before each meal.

Our first course was the tropical salad with mangoes, melon, avocado and hearts of palm in a tasty vinaigrette. Our appetizer was coconut encrusted Tiger Prawns which has a cucumber mango dipping sauce that was out of this world good. Our main course one night was the fillet which was excellent in a red wine sauce. Our second meal was the Caribbean lobster which had West Indian Spices. Dessert was the chef's special for two. Both times it was an apple that had it's cavity removed and delicious rice pudding was stuffed inside. Meringue sandwiches were stuffed with flavored cream and drizzled with chocolate and fruit sauce. The dessert was awesome and I loved the rice pudding.

Eating dinner in such a beautiful setting on the beach was an experience I will never forget. There were were all alone on the beach with the breeze blowing, waves crashing on the sand and enjoying an incredible meal together. It was amazing; nothing could be more perfect.

Explore the Island

by cjg1 Updated Dec 14, 2009

Walking the beach

Most people staying at one of the resorts never leave their resort which is sad. There is so much to explore on Provo. Liz and I loved walking the beach and exploring the other resorts and restaurants. Taking a cab to the Blue Hills and experiencing the Conch Festival was a great way to immerse ourselves in island life. So much can be found on Provo if you just take the time to explore whether on foot or by cab; you won't be sorry you did.

Relax on the Beach

by cjg1 Updated Jul 31, 2010

Liz lounging on the beach

I was never a big fan of laying out on the beach until this trip. The beaches were lined with lounge chairs. Some chairs have umbrellas and some are under "clam shell" type shaded structures. Most days we found a clam shell or an umbrella section to lounge under. Liz is more of a sun person than me so she'd drag a chair down to the water in the early morning before the sun got too strong for a little early morning rest. Liz had books and I had my kindle to read which was a perfect lazy activity for us. When we weren't in the water we enjoyed relaxing with a drink, reading, taking a cat nap or talking. The view of the water and the sound of the waves was a soothing was to relax and forget about the world.

• Spa and Resort

Grace Bay

by cjg1 Updated Jul 31, 2010

The gorgeous water and beach

Grace Bay is the perfect area for beach lovers and water sports enthusiasts .
    Grace Bay is full of activity: catamarans, snorkeling, scuba, swimming, kayaks and just lounging on the beach. Grace Bay is part of the Princess Alexandra National Park and therefore enjoys enforced protection by law. No jet skis or water-skiing is allowed due to the reefs. The reefs provide protecting from rough surf which makes the beach area quite calm and safe for adults and children to swim without worry.

Relax and Float Down the Lazy River

by cjg1 Updated Jul 31, 2010

My baby floating down the river

The Lazy River was a fun yet relaxing activity at the resort. Located in the water park section; the lazy river is a big draw for kids and adults alike. My wife and I loved the lazy river during the late afternoon after we had finished with the beach. There were plenty of tubes available so we would just grab one and hop in the river. The river wound around the entire water park and around the water slides. Two of the water slides dumped people into an outlet that lead into the lazy river. The river passed through some shaded areas as well and three waterfalls that drenched you if you didn't watch out.

I loved our time floating around in the tubes especially with some frosty drinks in hand.

Take a Dip in the Trevi Pool

by cjg1 Updated Jul 31, 2010

Liz taking a dip in the Trevi pool

The Trevi pool was the only heated pool in the resort as well as being the largest. The pool was a zero entry pool with a large hot tub at one end as well as a separate kiddie pool. The pool par and tower were at one end of the pol closest to the beach. The pool had several dolphin fountains surrounding the pool as well as Italian statues. The area surrounding the pool had plenty of lounge chairs and cabanas to relax and enjoy the beautiful weather.

I enjoyed the heated pool especially at night. The pool was the busiest one in the resort but it never seems crowded or overwhelming to me. There was always plenty of chairs to lounge on and the pool bar service was excellent. It was fun to swim in the pool, enjoy a drink or just lounge.

Instant Answers: Providenciales Island

Comments

Providenciales Island Things to Do

Reviews and photos of Providenciales Island things to do posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Providenciales Island sightseeing.

View all Providenciales Island hotels