Providenciales Island Warnings and Dangers

Protect Your Skin

Most Recent Warnings and Dangers in Providenciales Island

• Warning -Paradise is not safe

by Provovisitornomore Written Dec 12, 2013

My husband and I visited Turks and Caicos recently staying in a villa in Provo. We took all precautions regarding our own safety. Nevertheless, when we were out at dinner one night our locked villa was entered by breaking a window and All our valuables were stolen. We called the police and a report was filed. I have tried to follow up on whether there has been any investigation of the burglary because there was one item which is not replaceable. NO one in authority bothers to answer my inquiries. It seems as if American tourists and their losses are of NO INTEREST to anyone in Government or the corrupt police department. It is as if they think that we should just accept that tourists may be victims of crime and that is your bad luck. If you have a problem in Provo, do not expect that the police or the government will assist you. Not one person from the police or the tourist office has contacted me after I inquired about our "case". They may value tourism, but not individual tourists.

Beware.p

• Luxury Travel
    • Business Travel

• iphone will be stolen - theft happens in paradise

by joseurdaneta Written Sep 9, 2013
    policereport

I was just reading a review that on providenciales a traveler had their spare tire on their rental stolen. Well we had our iphone stolen also. Just be careful when traveling, keep your belongings close to you. Don't think just because you are in paradise things are different. There is much social differences in the island, you can notice as soon as you set foot on the airport.

Theft happens in paradise

• Business Travel
    • Seniors

• LadyRVG's Profile Photo

Wear Sun Block!

by LadyRVG Written Jul 20, 2012

The sun is strong and skin cancer is on the rise; wear sunblock! Yes, so many want that brozed, tan look when they get back from vacation but be serious. Do you want skin cancer, wrinkles and even death from Melanoma? Wear sun block and reapply throughout the day...there are worse things than being pale.

• chris_manzo's Profile Photo

Petty Crime

by chris_manzo Written Jun 28, 2010

Out of the many caribbean islands I have visities I am comfortable wih saying I felt the safest I have ever felt on Turks & Caicos. Our spare tire on the back of the SUV was stolen, and also when we went to Turtle Cove for a day trip , the car next to us had the windows smashed. Ours wasnt because we did research and was told that we should not leave anything valuable in the car, and even if nothing is visible, to roll your windows down. If your keeping your car at a restaurant or hotel than you shouldnt have a problem. This area where we parked was remote area with no one around.

Wear Sunblock!

by cjg1 Updated Dec 15, 2009

Protect Your Skin

The sun in Provo is strong. Make sure to wear plenty of sunblock and re-apply after swimming or water sports. You don't want to ruin your vacation with a bad sunburn. Liz is my sun block expert and always makes sure we have enough sunblock for our trips. I managed to avoid any burns during our trip to Provo; just a litle pink one afternoon on my shoulders. We used sunblock with an SPF of 90.

• Beaches
    • Diving and Snorkeling

Stray Animals

by cjg1 Written Dec 14, 2009

We were surprised to find so many sray animals on Provo. Stray cats and dogs were prevalent at every area we visited. It was sad to see stray dogs and cats so skinny and in search of food. Liz felt awful for the kitties and despite my protest she just had to pet them.

The TCSPCA is woking hard to rescue stray and abused animals and spay and neuter pets to prevent overpopulations. Liz had to check out the website when we got home to donate some money for the animals. Check out the website to donate: http://tcspca.tc/index.htm

There is Crime in Paradise

by cjg1 Written Dec 10, 2009

All because you are on vacation and it seems like an "Island Paradise"; don't be fooled. Crime still exists and from the local Provo paper we knew that it was present on the island. Crime is everywhere but it is good to be on your guard and don't go looking for trouble. Ask locals where the safe spots are and avoid wandering into unknown areas of town.

When we ventured off our resort we made sure to leave valuables such as jewelry and credit cards behind; we carried a small amount of cash that was well hidden. When taking a taxi; have the resort arrange for the pick up with e reputable company. Keep the company card to arrange for transport back to the resort. We arranged for our taxi driver to pick us up at a specific time in the Blue Hills along with a meeting place.

Mosquitos

by cjg1 Written Dec 7, 2009

Mosquitos are a nuisance and can cause you some discomfort if bitten. We always travel with plenty of OFF Bug Repellant. We were thankful to only have been bitten twice when on vacation. Some other guest we saw were covered in big red bits...Ouch!

• Beaches

Reef Recovery Areas

by cjg1 Written Dec 11, 2009

Reef Recovery Areas are posted along spots on the beach, The areas are clearly marked by red buoys. No swiiming in allowed within the buoys to protect the coral reefs.

Instant Answers: Providenciales Island

Comments

Providenciales Island Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Providenciales Island warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Providenciales Island sightseeing.

View all Providenciales Island hotels