Places to eat in U. S. Virgin Islands

• Restaurants

Most Viewed Restaurants in U. S. Virgin Islands

The Green House: Great views but just okay food

by Alfine5 Written Oct 1, 2011

The best things about this restaurant is its open air atmosphere and the location. The Green House has great views of Charlotte Amalie's harbor and you can watch the sea planes landing and taking off.

However the food and the service is just okay. Don't go out of your way to go here. Its not worth it.

• Courtney5882's Profile Photo

THe Greenhouse: Great Food Great Atmoshphere

by Courtney5882 Updated Apr 4, 2011

This place has a big menu with a wide variety. The food is great and the price is reasonable. The atmosphere is fun and the service is friendly and fast.

Favorite Dish: Philly Cheese Steak, Shrimp Parmesan Sub, and Fried Shrimp Platter

Fried Srhimp & Philly Cheese Steak Dad with Mango Colada Mom & Dad Shrimp Parmesan Sub

Burrito Bay Deli: Lunch Overlooking the Harbor

by Alfine5 Written Dec 24, 2010

For great burritos in Red Hook, make sure you visit Burrito Bay Deli. Everything we tried there was great including the burritos, enchiladas and quesadillas. The prices are reasonable as well making this a good stop for lunch. You can even take your lunch to the back where they have tables overlooking Red Hook Harbor.

The restaurant also has a great variety of sandwiches, wraps and salads. To see a full menu, see the link below.

Favorite Dish: Quesadilla, Burrito, Enchiladas

Delly Deck: Great Breakfast and Lunch

by Alfine5 Written Dec 20, 2010

So, Delly Deck isn't the nicest looking restaurant. However, what it lacks in ambience, it makes up for ten-folds in service and food. The waitress at our table was amazing and helped us make our decision from their vast menu. Just remember, the food will take some time to come out. The Virgin Islands work on island time which means a slower pace than what most people are used to.

When the food came to our table and we took our first bites, we were in heaven. It could be that our expectations were low based on the decor of the restaurant, but either way, this was my best breakfast on the island. Someone at my table had ordered the veggie club and that was one of the best things I had tasted. I had the cheese omelet which was absolutely perfectly cooked too.

This is definitely a place to come to again if I am in St. Thomas.

Favorite Dish: Veggie Club

Rhumb Lines Restaurant: Rhumb Lines Restaurant

by Alfine5 Written Dec 20, 2010

Rhumblines is a restaurant that is a bit hard to find. You have to go through a convenience store to get to the restaurant. However, when you get there, it completely surprises you. The decor and ambiance is so different from the other restaurants on St. John. The restaurant is mostly outdoors in a courtyard. Tables and chairs are decorated in Asian influenced designs. As soon as you sit down, you feel like you have been transported to Singapore or Malaysia.

We started with their "Pupu" portions which are appetizers perfect to share. We had the fried quesadillas, thai spring rolls and the vegetable samosa and everything was absolutely amazing. We even ordered a second round of the thai spring rolls and the samosas.

Next, we all had a variation of the pad thai. It wasn't my favorite. This may be because I eat Thai food a lot and I have had better Pad Thai for half the price.

Afterwards, it was time for desert and we ordered pretty much everything on the desert menu which was a very bad idea. It was just too much. We were all in a food coma after all of that.

Favorite Dish: Thai Spring Rolls, Samosas

• Alfine5's Profile Photo

Sun Dog Cafe: Try Everything Here!

by Alfine5 Written Apr 24, 2010

On one of our days in St. John, our plan was to visit Trunk Bay. However, when we arrived, there was no parking. So, we decided to head to Cruz Bay to grab some lunch to wait out the crowds. As everyone was hungry, we drove to Mongoose Junction to try out one of the restaurants there. We came across a small cafe in the middle courtyard called Sun Dog Cafe. Everyone in our group proceeded to order something different as we planned to share. When the food arrived and we took our first bites, we were in heaven. The food was phenomenal. We had the nachos, quesadilla, the pizza, and the burrito. I wanted to come back there for lunch everyday after that.

Favorite Dish: Everything

• Alfine5's Profile Photo

Shipwreck Tavern: Don't Miss the Nachos and Burgers!

by Alfine5 Updated Feb 7, 2010

Shipwreck Tavern is easy to miss as you are driving by Havensight Mall. Try to get directions from a local because this is a place you absolutely do not want to miss.

Shipwreck has a bar in the middle and tables along the walls. They have a DJ in there once in a while playing some tunes. But all of this is not why I come here.

I come hear for the veggie burgers. They have the best ones I have ever had. The best thing is that they have so many varieties of burgers which can be substituted with a veggie patty. My friends had the regular burgers and they loved them just as much as I loved my veggie burger.

We liked this place so much, we stopped there at the beginning of our trip as well as before we had to get to the airport to head back home.

Favorite Dish: Try the veggie burger with any option available. They are equally good. My favorite was the veggie burger with the guacamole and jalapeños.

• alwaysinmotion's Profile Photo

Island Blues: Great to watch sunset

by alwaysinmotion Written Aug 31, 2009

Island Blues is located in Coral Bay and is a very laid back restaurant/bar right on Coral Bay. We sat right on the water and it's open to the inside bar area where you can hear live music (played every night).

Favorite Dish: The Painkiller! I had the best of my trip here. I ordered a mahi sandwich and boyfriend had the stewed chicken plate. Neither were amazing but decent.

• alwaysinmotion's Profile Photo

Gladys' Cafe, St. Thomas: The best food of the trip!

by alwaysinmotion Updated Aug 31, 2009

Tucked in a small alley in Charlotte Amalie, we stumbled across this restaurant on our last day on our way back to the airport. Prices were reasonable, service was great, food was amazing, and the restaurant is cool and comfy. Open for breakfast and lunch.

Favorite Dish: We ordered the Curry Caribbean Chicken as well as the Stewed Caribbean Chicken and both were excellent! They were served with rice and peas, mac n cheese (Amazing!), and plantains. Also the fresh lemonade was very good. They also make 3 different types of hot sauces which are all tasty with a kick!

• monica71's Profile Photo

Off the Hook: great food and dining experience

by monica71 Updated Feb 15, 2008

This is one of my favorite restaurants in St Thomas. The decor is rustic, with outdoor dining and wooden tables. It is located by the American Yacht Harbor, close to the ferry to St John. You have to try the catch of the day (always fresh and very well cooked)! If you like sushi, try the Tuna and Salmon Sushi platter. Their Black Angus steak is also very good.

• Disabilities
    • Seniors

• monica71's Profile Photo

Molly Molone's: good food, very casual atmosphere!

by monica71 Written Feb 13, 2008

This is my second favorite restaurant in St Thomas. It is an open-air eatery, in Red Hook, by the ferry to St John. It is a favorite among locals: good food, great atmosphere and location - boats docked nearby.
    They serve fresh fish, oversize deli sandwiches and great soups and stews.
    This is the place where iguanas are roaming freely and they beg for table scraps. Bring your camera! It is a nice and fun place to eat and enjoy the evening.

Upstairs, the same owner runs A Whale of a Tale, a pricier seafood eatery that also serves freshly made pasta dishes and fine wines. We did not eat here, why paying top prices and dining inside, when you can have good food and lots of fun dining on the patio of Molly Molone's!

Outside the restaurant

Cafe Amici: open-air eatery with Italian name&Caribbean flair

by monica71 Written Feb 13, 2008

We had lunch here one day on the outdoor terrace/porch, and although you might think it would be hot...there was a great breeze and ceiling fans which made it very comfortable.
    The veggies brick oven pizza I had was very good! They also serve open-faced sandwiches and unique pasta dishes that are cooked to order.
    My husband had the tamarind barbecued shrimp salad and he liked it a lot! Service was excellent (friendly, prompt, etc.). I can not say enough about this place!

• monica71's Profile Photo

Burrito Bay Deli: when in mood for Mexican food, go here!

by monica71 Written Feb 13, 2008

When you are in a mood for Mexican food and you want to eat something good and cheap, head to the Burrito Bay Deli, by Red Hook. It is a deli that serves great food at very good prices.
    Check out this map for their location: http://www.virginislandsmap.com/stthomas/redhook/index.html

• monica71's Profile Photo

Magen's Bay Cafe and Pizzeria: great food on the beach!

by monica71 Written Feb 13, 2008

This is the place where you can eat while visiting Magen's Beach. The food is good with good prices. The wooden tables and chairs are comfortable and you can enjoy your food while looking at the beach, which to me is always a plus! You do not need to dress up to eat here, most people just wear their bathing suits while ordering/eating. They also serve good drinks. I had one of the best Tuna Fish burger here! Go to this beach and enjoy the food at this restaurant/bar.

• AuntMaj's Profile Photo

Island Blues: Fun spot for a quick bite

by AuntMaj Written Dec 27, 2007

Island Blues, shore side restaurant & bar, is open to the lively sea breezes. A small but varied menu is offered including a great daily soup, sandwiches, fresh and interesting salads and several daily specials. Ask them about their music schedule too.

Favorite Dish: We had burgers, which were freshly cooked to order and tasty

Island Blues sign View from the patio Island Blues Another view from the patio Island Blues

U. S. Virgin Islands Hotels

See nearby hotels
Saint John Hotels
Virgin Islands National Park Hotels

Instant Answers: U. S. Virgin Islands

Comments

U. S. Virgin Islands Restaurants

Reviews and photos of U. S. Virgin Islands restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for U. S. Virgin Islands sightseeing.
Map of U. S. Virgin Islands