Saint John Restaurants

• vanderlust's Profile Photo

Budget Dining

by vanderlust Written May 20, 2009

Budget Dining on St. John;

Food and provisions can be a big expense on St. John especially if dining out. There are a few grocery stores on St. John, Starfish Market is my favorite because of selection. There is also Dolphin Market and Pine Peace Market. All three of these are in Cruz Bay. There is a market in Coral Bay but the name eludes me right now. The campgrounds at Cinnamon and Maho have markets. I am not sure of pricing at these locations. Cinnamon has a resturant and I believe that Maho has a dining hall. Some visitors bring some of the more expensive items with them on the flight down. The cost of checking luggage has put a damper on that practice though. There is a Costco and a full service K-Mart on St. Thomas. Some visitors will stock up with provisions on St. Thomas because the prices are lower. I like to visit Starfish for my needs because of convenience and to help the local economy. You will find "reasonable" dining at places like Joes BBQ, Woody's Seafood Saloon, Deli Grotto and JJ's Texas Toast in Cruz Bay. "Reasonable" is re-defined on StJ. Example; Woody's burger and fries is about $7 if I remember correctly.

• hillcreststjohn's Profile Photo

Windy Level: Don't Miss The Fresh Local Food

by hillcreststjohn Written Jan 6, 2008

The food is fresh and dellicious. Windy Level opened in September of 2007. Menu changes every day.

It's breezy and comfortable place to dine. I enjoyed several dishes of Ms. Carryn Powell who is the owner and chef.

Favorite Dish: I had conch, stew chicken and local fish dish and enjoyed them all. Her food has flavor.

• stjbigfish's Profile Photo

Sweet Plantains: Best food on the rock!

by stjbigfish Written Aug 5, 2007

Located in Coral Bay, this is my favorite restaurant on island. Offering East Indian and West Indian Cuisine. Chef Rose and her husband Prince are fantastic and the food is beyond delicious.

Favorite Dish: My recommendations: Spicy Crab spread on Tostones and West Indian Chicken Curry!

• Deli Grotto: Best place we found on the island

by rickwiedmaier Written Nov 17, 2006

You will find the Deli Grotto in the Mongoose Junction shopping center. We had lunch there, it was very good and affordable, unlike most places on the island. We had sandwiches, some excellent seafood salad, potato salad, a mango smoothie, and fro dessert, OH MY GOD, the coconut chocolate bars, apricot bars and chocolate peanut butter bars were heavenly, Dont miss thiss one.

Favorite Dish: Coconut Chocolate bars

Instant Answers: Saint John

Comments

Saint John Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Saint John restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Saint John sightseeing.