Saint Thomas Favorites

Most Recent Favorites in Saint Thomas

• TGeiser's Profile Photo

Iguanas...

by TGeiser Written Apr 21, 2012

Favorite thing: See a lot of squirrels at home? Well in St. Thomas, they don't have many of those, they have iguanas! Keep an eye out for iguanas on rocks, trees, and even crossing the street. My family and I saw a 3 footer cross right in front of our taxi near the old Danish fort. You don't see that everyday...

• "A Seperate World"

by HarleyPyrate Written Apr 1, 2008

Favorite thing: I found out why so many people are into the underwater scene after my stay. Once you submerse your body under the top of the water its like a world seperate from the rest. Its peaceful and quiet. Its movements are likened to a slow motion picture and every small creature that you meet whilst that breath of air last you seems to become a new friend.
    My son and I didnt have to go to St.Thomas with thousands of dollars to have a great time, though some real diving equipment wouldve been nice. We sufficed with keeping ourselves close to the bottom holding on to a small boulder found on the ocean floor until our breath ran out and we had to surface for more, knowing the small faces of the new friends we had just encountered would be waiting for us to come back and entertain them some more.

Fondest memory: This may sound strange to many, but my fondest memory would have to be the rib aching laughter I experienced while watching my 5'10" 185lb. son climb a coconut tree for me so that I could say that I had eaten a real life wild coconut.
    He did it allright. Even remembered how to split that bad boy just like he had seen Tom Hanks do when he was stuck on an Island.
    It was great fun. A trip I will tell my grandchildren about. But then again, my family is just a bit different than most.

Instant Answers: Saint Thomas

Comments

Saint Thomas Favorites

Reviews and photos of Saint Thomas favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Saint Thomas sightseeing.