Elbasan Travel Guide

• Elbasan
    by MacedonianUK

Elbasan Restaurants

• by mishimu Updated Dec 28, 2011

Restaurant serving typical Albanian food on the main road from Elbasan. Mutli-lingual staff: English/Greek/Italian. Excellent food and value for money. Safe parking. Nice music and atmosphere. Bar on the second floor. Warm. Friendly staff.

Favorite Dish: 1. Potatoes with chef's special seasoning.
    2. Mixed salad
    3. Beef stew

• folkdancer's Profile Photo
    Inside the fortress:  a Bar and a Restaurant 2 more images

by folkdancer Written Oct 2, 2005

The ancient fortress in the center of town has been remodeled to contain a large bar area and a dining area. One descends about 50 steps into the fortress, the lighting makes for a beautiful setting. Only one waiter spoke any (very broken) English, but that only enhanced the experience in our minds.

It being our first evening in Albania, we were apprehensive about the risk of crime on the street (a fear which subsided as we spent more time in Albania), we were just as happy to be INSIDE the fortress and buffered from the unknowns of the street.

Like elsewhere in Albania, no credit cards accepted.

I have attached three pictures (if I successfully uploaded them...):

1) A view of the fortress from our Hotel Skampa
    2) A view inside the fortress of the remodeling with Bar and Restaurant
    3) My excellent $7.00 antipasto dish

Here is my page on Elbasan:

Favorite Dish: My antipaste of prosciutto, two local salamis, mozzarella pizzetas, was very large for 700 leke (about $7.00 and the salami was extrordinary.

As a main dish, I had "tradicionale", a baked stew-like dish of meat, onions, peppers and yogurt. I found it also delicious.

The local beer was very good as well (do not recall the brand).

• Castles and Palaces

• Elbasan Hotels

0 Hotels in Elbasan

Elbasan Transportation

• gilpema's Profile Photo

by gilpema Written Sep 3, 2008

The bus normally passes by there but you have to check out in Elbasan and ask to the habitants or in the brs at the center to know the hour when the bus will pas and maybe it will be in the night.

So good luck for your trip.

• Study Abroad

Instant Answers: Elbasan

Comments

Elbasan Travel Guide
Map of Elbasan