Kruje Restaurants

• JLBG's Profile Photo

Belvedere: Belvedere

by JLBG Written Oct 15, 2007

Restaurant Belvedere

I have described in my hotel tip how to arrive to “Hotel, bar, restaurant, piceri Belvedere”. Once in the restaurant, we arrived in a large room rather noisy that seemed to be a place for quick snacks. A waiter showed us that we should take the staircase on the left and go to an upper room that was a kind of wide balcony overhanging the noisy room. There were half a dozen tables in a very cozy setting. The waiter spoke only German. We ordered our meals, using part Albanian, part German … and had an excellent meal, very typical and inexpensive.

We always choose meals that the two of us will share, which allow to taste twice more different meals! I have given a photo of the main meals under “local customs”.

We had the following meals:
    Xhaxhik, 100 lek
    Tave Dheu, 200 lek.
    Tru viçi me garniture, 550 lek
    Qofte me garniture, 450 lek
    Vere shlepie (wine ), 600 lek
    Two Raki, 50 lek each
    The bill was finally 2100 lek ie 17 euros or 24.5$, which we found very reasonable, given what we had ordered.

• call_me_rhia's Profile Photo

restaurant panorama: food from heaven

by call_me_rhia Written Jul 20, 2006

tave dheu

There it was... a large-ish building on two floors, half of it hosting this restaurant. It doesn't look very special at all, except for the balcony overlooking the bazaar - but we found it promising, in particular because it was the only restaurant we found that did nto specialize on pizza (a typical balcan fixation).

Favorite Dish: I had a tave dheu (in the photo) - definitely heavy but possibly the most delicious food I tasted in Albania. My husband had pattie, very similar to greek Pasticio, and found it great, too. With garlic bread, a bottle of water and coke we paid 750 leks, which is about 6 euros.

Instant Answers: Kruje

Comments

Kruje Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Kruje restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Kruje sightseeing.