Safety Tips in Rrethi i Lezhes

Most Viewed Warnings and Dangers in Rrethi i Lezhes

• JLBG's Profile Photo

Abandoned plant ?

by JLBG Written Feb 25, 2006

Given the condition the plant was in 1988, I feel pretty sure that it is not working anymore (and I wish it does not!). I hope to check it in summer 2006. However, even when they are closed the abandoned plants remain a threat for biodiversity and for the environment. You can find more on the subject on biodiversity in Albania and on biodiversity in Central and Eastern Europe.

Abandoned dangerous plant ? Abandoned dangerous plant ? Abandoned dangerous plant ?

• JLBG's Profile Photo

Lavdi Marksizem-Leninismit (1988)

by JLBG Written Feb 25, 2006

In 1988, our bus drove us from Tiranë to Shkodër and back. On the way to Shkoder, I had spotted an impressive plant that looked like a ghostly ruin with rusted pipes and equipment, but that nevertheless seemed to work. I have made some research and found that there was in Lezhë a highly polluting paper plant that was a threat for the environment and especially for the wetlands of Kune-Vaini. I suppose this is the one shown here, though it looks more like a chemical plant than a paper plant. I have read also that there was a mineral industry plant "in the district of Lezhë".

Dangerous plant (1988) Dangerous plant (1988) Dangerous plant (1988)

Instant Answers: Rrethi i Lezhes

Comments

Rrethi i Lezhes Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Rrethi i Lezhes warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Rrethi i Lezhes sightseeing.
Map of Rrethi i Lezhes