2 more images
Abandoned plant ?
Given the condition the plant was in 1988, I feel pretty sure that it is not working anymore (and I wish it does not!). I hope to check it in summer 2006. However, even when they are closed the abandoned plants remain a threat for biodiversity and for the environment. You can find more on the subject on biodiversity in Albania and on biodiversity in Central and Eastern Europe.
2 more images
Lavdi Marksizem-Leninismit (1988)
In 1988, our bus drove us from Tiranë to Shkodër and back. On the way to Shkoder, I had spotted an impressive plant that looked like a ghostly ruin with rusted pipes and equipment, but that nevertheless seemed to work. I have made some research and found that there was in Lezhë a highly polluting paper plant that was a threat for the environment and especially for the wetlands of Kune-Vaini. I suppose this is the one shown here, though it looks more like a chemical plant than a paper plant. I have read also that there was a mineral industry plant "in the district of Lezhë".
Explore the World
- Rawalpindi Cantonment Hotels
- Islamabad Capital Territory Hotels
- Tallmadge Hotels
- San Cristóbal de La Laguna Hotels
- Breaux Bridge
- Food / Drink
- Florianópolis Warnings and Dangers
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines Warnings and Dangers
- Minorca Island Warnings and Dangers
- Tiraspol Warnings and Dangers
- Negeri Perlis Warnings and Dangers
- Manchester Warnings and Dangers
- Port Antonio Warnings and Dangers
- Branson Warnings and Dangers
- Province of Aklan Warnings and Dangers
- Cayo Coco Warnings and Dangers
- Malapascua Island Warnings and Dangers