Bajram Curri Travel Guide

Mountains surrounding Bajram Curri
    by mpaulsen007

Bajram Curri Things to Do

by mpaulsen007 Written Jun 17, 2006

In my opinion, Bajram Curri's main attraction is the ferry ride on Lake Komani. It is a two hour journey through unspoiled and breathtaking scenery quite likely without peer elsewhere in Albania. Get up early to go; the minibusses leave at 6:00 A.M. There will be several busses available going to Tirana. The trip from Bajram Curri to Tirana cost 1,000 lek which included the fare for the ferry. It took almost 8 hours, but that included replacing a flat tire. If you are anywhere in the general vicinity, this is not to be missed.

Bajram Curri Restaurants

by mpaulsen007 Written Jun 29, 2006

Spending only one evening in Bajram Curri, one has only a short time to explore, thus I have but one thing to say regarding cuisine in the town. Being a fair bit knackered after the journey from Gjakova, I took a nap at the hotel, and awoke around 19:30 hungry. I hadn't changed any Euros into Lek before my siesta, and anyone who has been through the town knows how likely finding a place to change money is, at that hour on a week-end. At any rate, with my stomach yelling at me, I sallied forth in search of sustenance. Restaurants certainly do not abound in this mountain village, though I did find a small shop selling pizzas and pastries. I asked for a pizza and the man behind the counter replied that it would be 200 Lek, but I had no Lek, only Euros, which I humbly conveyed to the proprietor. In sign language / etc. he conveyed that they would not accept Euros. When he realized that I had no Lek, he gave me the pizza for free, accepting no payment whatsoever, regardless of my efforts to the contrary. A stark ccontrast to western society from a small business owner in the most extreme of hard-scrabble existences, and a beacon of the over all travel experience I had while in Abania.

Bajram Curri What to Pack

by mpaulsen007 Written Jun 3, 2006

Miscellaneous: Bring a flashlight. Though the power never went out, at least whilst I was awake; the hotel had no lights in the hall or stairwell after dark. It can tend to be a long walk back to the room after too much raki. I was all to happy to have a flashlight for my return trip.

Bajram Curri Off The Beaten Path

by mpaulsen007 Written Jun 3, 2006

The entire location is off the beaten path. Stray dogs abound, though I had one epiphany upon the discovery of these cheese doodles. Even the hungry stray dogs won't eat them. Wake up call, indeed, for all of us big-bellied westerners!

Instant Answers: Bajram Curri

Comments

Bajram Curri Travel Guide
Map of Bajram Curri