In red uniforms
Pretty and smiling policewomen of Andorra la Vella show off on the middle of some main intersections. They wear bright red jackets and caps, white shirts with a tie and black skirts above knee. I had to stop and amaze their very useful job for both drivers and pedestrians.
Well, I've got to know that Andorra has no military forces thus can save a lot for local police, I suppose. Andorra's defense is the responsibility of Spain and France but Andorra doesn't pay for it.
- Budget Travel
- Business Travel
- Road Trip
A big surprise for us was this lizard what enjoyed evening sun in the handrail of observation area. The lizard looked friendly and didn’t react to us. Later I mentioned a small snake, but the contact was very nodding and short (I don’t like snakes).
- Theme Park Trips
It’s so hard to guess who are Andorrans or not Andorrans because there are so many tourists. From my short observations, I can tell that Andorrans are friendly, pleasant and looking good people. If you’re still doubt in my words, please look at the picture.
- Arts and Culture
Visiting Christian Churches
Christian churches - be they Protestant, Orthodox, or Catholic - are a vital part of Europeýs cultural, artistic, architectural, and religious heritage, and as such you are likely (and I really recommend doing this:)) ) to visit many of them. However, most of them are even today not only major tourist attractions, but also religious sites where people come to pray. This is something to be respected, and here are several pieces of advice I would like to give that might help avoid ill-feeling:
- Dress modestly, covering shoulders and most part of the legs (women in Orthodox churches might be requested to put on something to cover the head);
- Do not speak loudly - all the descriptions are better either read in silence or given outside;
- Try not to walk too much during the service;
- Avoid using flash in your camera near people you see praying;
- Respect notes that forbid entrance to some parts of the church that are designated as ýfor prayer onlyý.
Following these simple guidelines helped me when I visited, I guess, more than 1000 churches up to date:)))
A view of France and Spain...
A view of France and Spain from the top. Babbling brooks and very few people. Relaxation is the cultural norm. What could be more charming than Andorra?
- Save money, Book now!
- Booking.com Excellent choice, Low rates
- Official Site
- Travelocity Official Site