Andorra la Vella Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Andorra la Vella

• call_me_rhia's Profile Photo

fine dining in andorra: casa canut

by call_me_rhia Written May 1, 2013

Before being a restaurant, Casa Canut is a gastrononic hotel. Five stars, so we didn't sleep there. However we went for dinner. The dining rooms are elegant and look like turn of the century becauseof its old decor.

Favorite Dish: Great attentive staff and menu... 50-70 euros for a set menu or a la carte. Everything we ordered was delicious, especially ther home-made fois gras. However, most dishes are based on fish and seafood. Desserts to die for and live piano music in the backgroundThe perfect place for a dinner in style..

• call_me_rhia's Profile Photo

Don Denis: a marisqueria high up in the mountains

by call_me_rhia Written May 1, 2013

We went to Don Denis to have a cup of cava while waiting for a good time to go for dinner. It is a marisqueria but on the right side as you enter there are some tables that are not reserved for meals only so people going there for an aperitif are not looked down on.

Favorite Dish: we had a cup of cava and some oysters... fresh enough considering it was easter monday. Plenty of seafood tapas to choose from, but if you are allergic to onions, your choice is limited to oysters and fried seafood

• call_me_rhia's Profile Photo

La tagliatella: italian food in extra large portions

by call_me_rhia Written Apr 8, 2013

A very popular Italian restaurant in Escaldes - Engordany, which is the modern counterpart of Andorra la Vella - basically up the road where the designer shops are.. Large portions of homemade pasta: it's a mix and match restaurant. You pick your favourite type of pasta or tortellini, pick your favorite sauce... and end up with a portion that's enough for two people. Always very packed, so it's better to get there at 8.30 PM when it opens, otherwise you'll have to wait.

Favorite Dish: Taglierini alla carbonara. But next time we'll order two entrees and only one pasta dish.

• illumina's Profile Photo

Mama Maria: Good place for a snack

by illumina Updated Sep 26, 2008

If you're getting a little weary wandering along the shop-lined streets, you could sit down at the tables outside Mama Maria's, and have a beer and a snack as you watch the world go by. We opted for patatas bravas (chunky chips with a spicy sauce and mayonnaise), but there's a range of other things on the menu, and they do quite a variety of pizzas.

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo

Els dos Caçadors: Local food and Danish friend

by matcrazy1 Written Oct 29, 2006

DOS CACADORS RESTAURANT AND BAR, ENTRANCE

This restaurant is centrally and very conveniently located in main through street of Andorra la Vella. In real it is a Spanish style bar with typical round bar chairs along long bar desk and medium size restaurant under one roof. The interior with walls made of stones (typical style of Pyrenean mountain houses) is a bit dark but looks nice.

The restaurant offered grilled meats, Mediterranean Spanish cuisine as well as some fast food style sandwiches and snacks. I was most interested in local Andorran food although, frankly speaking, with my low budget everything was too expensive for me. I also knew that they usually added to the bill 10% for service in Andorra. No, this is not expensive place as for Andorra where restuarants tend to be more expensive than in France and Spain, rather below average but during my crazy 10-day trip to Spain (my first one) I couldn't spend money for any food in restaurants.

Favorite Dish: Well, keep in mind that Andorra is set between France and Spain, the two countries well known for their gastronomic products and reputation. I was suprised to see many fish dishes in the menu. But let me only list the following Andorran specialities:
    1. trinxat (a potato and cabbage dish).
    2. escudella (a stew of chicken, sausage and meatballs).
    3. truites de carreroles (a type of mushroom omelette).
    4. local sausages and cheese (hundreds kinds).
    5. xai (roast lamb).
    6. a variety of pork and ham dishes.
    7. coques (flavored flat cakes).
    Add local wine, foie gras (fattened liver of a duck or goose that has been overfed, French delicasy), Iberian ham, baby squid, piquant potatoes, octopus Galician style, and a pica-pica (little snack).

Well, we had only very good cafe at the bar and unexpectadly the bartender brought us two little bottles of local beer we didn't order. Well, he fastly explained that it's from a blondie guy who was sitting close to us. We said thank you and started to talk with that unknown alone guy at my age. He was a very funny and sympathetic visitor from Danemark travelling across Europe. We were the first Poles he was talking to and he was the first Danish man we were talking to as well. After a few minutes and two beers we became friends and were talking almost one hour mostly about travels and our homecountries. Well, we had to leave him and drive south to Spain.

• orlikins's Profile Photo

Pizza Hut: Surprise, surprise, Pizza again!

by orlikins Updated Sep 4, 2006

You know you need to watch your waistline when the staff in Pizza Hut recognise you and you've only been in the town for a couple of days...

Restaurants dont open til about 8pm, which is not always convenient. I had to stay in the hospital most of the time.

I was in a more authentic place in the town, unfortunately I just cannot remember the name of it.

• buffalo1975's Profile Photo

Excelleny international mix

by buffalo1975 Written Jun 8, 2006

Cannot remember name, but it is sandwiched between Corintian bar and Big Ben bar. It has some Italian name. Although it is owned by some really friendly French lady. It is excellent value for money. The food was like southern European. I must recommend the Menu at 10 euro. You can choose from so many lovely dishes, to make up a 3 course meal.

Favorite Dish: Poulet Basquise (Basque chicken Lovely sauce made from tomatoes and peppers.

• trotador's Profile Photo

CASA CANUT: BEST RESTAURANT IN TOWN

by trotador Written Jan 29, 2004

casa Canut

Casa Canut is actually a hotel, a 3 star hotel. As you see in the pic, it is not very luxurious from outside, but for being on this category is so expensive. I have never booked a room there but I went for dinner once.
    The restaurant inside is so nice and they have a very good service.
    Food is excelent!!!
    No dress code.

Favorite Dish: I got deer in my second course, it was so good.

• LanaFromRiga's Profile Photo

Advices from Lana: Where and what to eat, drink

by LanaFromRiga Written Jan 19, 2005
    Cafe in Andorra la Vella

It’s not a problem to find pleasant café for taking a lunch. There are many cafes what offer you to taste classical and traditional foods and dinks.

Favorite Dish: Cold sangria :-)

Instant Answers: Andorra la Vella

Comments

Andorra la Vella Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Andorra la Vella restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Andorra la Vella sightseeing.

View all Andorra la Vella hotels