Andorra la Vella Transportation

Most Recent Transportation in Andorra la Vella

• call_me_rhia's Profile Photo

andorra by bus

by call_me_rhia Written May 1, 2013

This wonderful company operates shuttles to Andorra from Toulouse Airport, Barcelona and Girona Airport. Great service and it leaves you right by your hotel in Andorra a Vella and comes to pick you up there, too. Defniely worth the price. Bookings are necessary and - in theory at least - can be made online. But somehow the website did not accept my credit card so I had to call gtheir office in Spain.

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo

Only by road or... helicopter :-)

by matcrazy1 Updated Apr 4, 2011

TRAFFIC IN ANDORRA LA VELLA

Andorra la Vella is located in southwestern Andorra along main France - Andorra - Spain road (CG1 and CG2) only 11 km from Spanish border and 33 km from the French one (map here). The nearest airport (LEU) is located in La Seu d'Urgell, Spain that is only 20km from Andorra la Vella but it's a local airport.

International cheap flights reach Barcelona (BCN) and Girona (GRO) in Spain and Toulouse (TLS) in France. Prepare for long bus transfers (3-4 hours) from these airports to Andorra. The nearest railway station is located in l'Hospitalet, France, only 13 km from Andorra border crossing point in Pas de la Casa.

But the only way to get to Andorra la Vella is by road that is by car, bus (they go from the above airports and railway station, also from Perpignan in France) or bicycle, or - if you are enough rich and the weather is good - by helicopter. There is one - 44 km long - well maintained, open all year round, and very scenic road from France (Toulouse; N20 to N22) through Andorra (CG2 and CG1) to Spain (La Seu d'Urgell; N145).

I drove it from Toulouse, France (190 km). The very scenic mountain road was climbing up to the Andorra border crossing point where I had to stop and show my passport and futher up to Port d'Envalira, the highest paved pass in the Pyrenees (see my Andorra off the beaten path tip). On the way I stopped in Pas de la Casa and Encamp.

Check the link below for transportation to Andorra la Vella and up-to-date bus connections to Andorra by:
    1. Novatel Autocars
    2. Eurolines.

• pgj579's Profile Photo

NOVATEL AUTOCARS - Avoid this bus service

by pgj579 Updated Apr 4, 2011

Novatel Autocars is a company to avoid when traveling to Andorra from Barcelona International Airport. We booked four tickets through them, and then waited at the marked (and only) bus stop outside Terminal B. When we realized our bus was not coming, we called the company, and they told us that we were not suppose to wait by the bus stop with their company sign on it, but somewhere else (that was not marked). They would not offer us a refund, claiming it was not their fault that their sign is not where the bus picks passengers up. When we went to Andorra by other means, they still would not refund our tickets (even though they told us they would if we came to their office). The staff was not friendly, and gave us constant run-arounds. I recommend avoiding this bus service.

• illumina's Profile Photo

Road trip

by illumina Written Sep 26, 2008

The wall next to the bus station

There's only one way into / out of Andorra, and that's by road. Because it's so mountainous, there's no airport, and no railway either, so you either have to drive yourself, or take the bus (apparently you can also get there by helicopter, but dash it all, I'd lent mine to Richard Branson).

We took the 10.30am bus (23 Euros) from Barcelona Estacio del Nord, arriving in Andorra la Vella at just after 2pm, and left on the 2pm bus to Toulouse (31 Euros), which we got to by 5.30pm.

• orlikins's Profile Photo

Local bus services

by orlikins Updated Jan 9, 2003

Bus

All national and local bus services go to/pass through Andorra la Vella. To go beyond Andorra, you will have to get a bus (Novotel or Eurolines) as there is no train station or airport servicing Andorra la Vella.
    There is only 1 taxi firm in Andorra, I found them to be v punctual and courteous.
    To get around the town, walk or get a taxi.

• Zoe_bcn's Profile Photo

BY AIRPLANE:The nearest...

by Zoe_bcn Written Aug 26, 2002

BY AIRPLANE:
    The nearest airports are:
    TOULOUSE-BLAGNAC(France)196Km north
    BARCELONA 202 Km south (There is 3 hours by car from Barcelona to Andorra la Vella)
    BY HELICOPTER:
    From the airports (4 people) it takes 35 min.
    BY TRAIN:
    The nearest main stations are:
    L'HOSPITALET (France) and PUIGCERDÀ (Spain) this last one is 80 km far from Andorra.

• eksvist's Profile Photo

Everywhere are helpful policemans

by eksvist Written Apr 9, 2008
    Policeman

When I said policeman, then I thought police-womans too :)

They direct the traffic, helping tourists, ...
    If they are not moving by foot, they have funny motorcycles and motorbikes ;)

• trotador's Profile Photo

BY BUS

by trotador Written Jan 29, 2004

bus stop

Not having car is not a problem. Hundreds of people go skiing by bus every day. Just ask for your bus and do not get lost.

Instant Answers: Andorra la Vella

Comments

Andorra la Vella Transportation

Reviews and photos of Andorra la Vella transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Andorra la Vella sightseeing.

View all Andorra la Vella hotels