Hochfeistritz Travel Guide

Hochfeistritz Church
    Hochfeistritz Church in the distance

Hochfeistritz Things to Do

by balhannah Written Mar 16, 2012

I really enjoy visiting the old Churches in Europe. They are so different to Australian Churches, so usually a stop is made when I see one I like.

When we were at the Diex Hotel, a lovely staff member told us that this is one of the few remaining areas where we will see Fortified Churches that are still intact, and not in ruins.
    When at Hochfeistritz, I noticed the Big sign in my photo, which shows a route you can follow to see lots of Churches in the area.
    What a great idea and one I think would be very interesting!

Churches route
    • Religious Travel

by balhannah Written Mar 16, 2012

Following a very windy mountain road for another 9kms, we came across the small town of Eberstein.
    What a pretty location this Town was in, and a dominating factor was the Castle high on an outcrop looking down upon the Town.
    The countryside in this area is very pretty, so green in June!

Eberstein Castle Entering Eberstein Scenery around Eberstein Scenery around Eberstein
    • Castles and Palaces
    • Photography

by balhannah Updated Mar 16, 2012

Driving along the roads in this area in June, we found very little other traffic on the road.
    The views are fantastic, but be careful as the road is narrow and there really isn't much room for pulling off and taking photos.
    Along the road edge, there were lots of Lupins in flower, so pretty, and then later we met some wildlife on the road! It was a Hedgehog, slowly making his way across the road.
    Be careful, as the road isn't fenced and there was other "wildlife" - contented Cows!

Hochfeistritz Church in the distance Roadside Lupins Cows on the drive Hedgehog Lovely views between Diex & Hochfeistritz
    • Religious Travel

Instant Answers: Hochfeistritz

Comments

Hochfeistritz Travel Guide
Map of Hochfeistritz