Villach Restaurants

• yumyum's Profile Photo

Restaurant Kasino: Gasthof Kasino

by yumyum Updated Oct 22, 2011

Viennese Schnitzel

The restaurant Kasino belongs to the Gasthof Kasino where I stayed for a night.

The restaurant offers the usual local fare and has regulars eating there. There were also locals coming to have their beer. I sat in the Gaststube of the Gasthof to have dinner. There was also another hall which had an Asian tour group for dinner. Then they have a third hall where they have the buffet breakfast.

I found the place comfortable like being in a big living room and found myself chatting to some other Swiss guests etc. I was twice visited by the small resident (?) dog.

Favorite Dish: I opted for the Viennese Schnitzel with French fries. It was just a bit too big for me to manage. It cost Euro 9.50. I had various drinks like tea and soft drinks which were between Euro 2.10 and 2.80.

• yumyum's Profile Photo

Villacher Brauhof

by yumyum Written Oct 22, 2011

Entrance from Bahnhofstrasse

I came here for a warm lunch because I was forced to spend over an hour in Villach on the way back from Ljubljana as the train got stuck for 70 minutes due to early October snow and didn’t continue to Salzburg.

The Villacher Brauhof is just down the road from the railway station and is huge. As you enter there is a big section for smokers with tables and a bar. This is also where you find the stairs to the toilets. Continue through a glass door and you will be in a huge non-smoking section which also includes a winter garden. In summer they have a large outdoor seating area behind the winter garden too.

The entrance door features a sticker which promises free wifi. You will have to sign up to something. I did this but still couldn’t make it work. According to staff it should work though.

Staff was friendly and efficient.

Favorite Dish: I ordered the lunch special for the day for Euro 7.80 which was a soup, a schnitzel with mushroom sauce and rice plus a mixed side salad. A black tea with lemon cost Euro 2.60.

• Jmill42's Profile Photo

Cris' Cuisine: Home Cooking

by Jmill42 Written Feb 9, 2006

The Dinner Table....

What better way to enjoy the local food, than with a bunch of friends, right?? Well, Cris' family certainly were excellent hosts and allowed my to sample the local fare. You simply cannot beat Austrian sausages and meats. And, like I told them, even the worst Austrian beer is better than the best American beer in my book.

• Jmill42's Profile Photo

Illy: Cafe

by Jmill42 Written Feb 9, 2006

Right along the main pedestrian road through town are many cafes and hotels. We stopped for a quick cappucino in town. Being as though Illy is of Trieste and I was with Triestians, it seemed appropriate.

• sandravdp's Profile Photo

Villach has a lot of nice...

by sandravdp Written Sep 7, 2002

Villach has a lot of nice places to eat. Most restaurant and small lunch cafees are to be found in the Hauptstrasse (Main Street).

Instant Answers: Villach

Comments

Villach Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Villach restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Villach sightseeing.