Linz Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Linz

• wadekorzan's Profile Photo

herbertstein: You really MUST eat at this restaurant

by wadekorzan Updated Apr 4, 2011

I am really sorry I do not have a photo to share of this restaurant, but there is no doubt that you will have a great experience here. The atmosphere is wonderful, the service extremely friendly, the food absolutely delicious. I could write much more, but don't you think this says it all?

The menu features Austrian and international cuisine, in a modern style. The restaurant is beautiful, prices are above average, so not the cheapest meal, but worth it. There is also a bar in the front part of the restaurant which is great if you just feel like going for a drink.

If you're visiting Linz and are going to be there in the evening, it would be a shame to miss this place.

• Wine Tasting

• dustmon's Profile Photo

Cafe Jentschke: Main Drag Linz

by dustmon Written Jun 26, 2010

Cafe Jentschke, Linz

Right in the City Center on my walk from the Viking Sky, got a beer and a sit down while most were watching the World Cup, I was people watching. The menu had plenty to look at, but a beer was all I can vouch for, and it was fresh and delicious.

Favorite Dish: Beiren

• Cruise

• iris2002's Profile Photo

"ALTE WELT - WEINKELLER": Have you gone to the "HEURIGEN" ????

by iris2002 Written Apr 10, 2006

Linz Heuriger

If you have never experienced a real Austrian "HEURIGEN" (a Vinothek) then THIS IS A MUST!!!

It will be a very "rough-n'-ready" environment with traditional wooden tables and chairs, so don't look for **** interior ... but it's the ATMOSPHERE that counts :D

THE NAME > "Alte Welt Wein & Kulturkeller"

This restaurant & winecellar is from the 13th!!!! century --- yes - we are talking ancient.... the atmosphere is one of cosy hospitality with great local cusine and of course ---- fantastic wines to sample.

And of course there is also a "Schani-Garten" --- a traditional open air garden to sit and relax.

They also cater for vegetarians!!! YIP :D

Three Course Lunch EUR 8.10 - 0.00

• Trains

Bäckerei Hofmann: Good Austrian bread

B��ckerei Hofmann

Any Austrian will tell you that you have not experienced Austria until you've tried the bread. While I do enjoy some bread now and then, I can't understand the fascination with those very dark breads you find in Austria. As you can see from the picture where Elisabeth, her sister, and her sister-in-law are glued to the window, Austrians are much more addicted to thier bread. So, why not give Baeckerei Hofmann a try. Their bread passed the test with Liz and her family! I suppose another must try in Linz is the Linzer torte. As I prefer the Sacher Torte, I will let you make your own assumptions about the Linzer torte.

Favorite Dish: The cheese semmel (cheese roll) was quite good.

Mangolds Vegetarian Restaurant: A "CAN" miss in Linz

Vegetarian restaurant in Linz's Hauptplatz

When I met my wife, she had a T-shirt for a restaurant called Mangolds in Linz. The funny thing was that if you've ever met my wife, you know that she's somewhat smaller than I am. Well I would squeeze myself into this t-shirt in the hopes of one day traveling to Austria to eat at this restaurant. Well, in 1999, I made my first trip to Austria and sure enough, we went to Mangolds (I had the t-shirt under my sweater). I have to say, I was truly disappointed. Perhaps I had expected too much from this place, but the food was atrocious and the prices unreasonable to boot.

The reason Elisabeth had the t-shirt was that she worked there for a few months while she studied in Linz prior to college. Back then, she said the food was very good and reasonably priced. She could not understand what changed. I

Favorite Dish: Everything we had was awful. Sorry Mangolds.

• Study Abroad

Restaurant Levante: Going for Turkish in Linz

Restaurant Levante in Linz's Hauptplatz

Restaurant Levante is a huge restaurant in the heart of Linz's Hauptplatz. The menu consists primarily of Turkish foods like Kebab's, Souvlakis, Lamb cutletts, dolma, etc, but also has some Austrian dishes. The place is far from fancy and prices are quite affordable. So feel free to crash in whatever attire you've got and enjoy the good food.

Favorite Dish: The Döner Kebab is fantastic as is the Chicken dinner dish (Hühnerspieß).

• antistar's Profile Photo

Lento Cafe: Coffee on the Danube

by antistar Written Jun 20, 2004

Lento-Kurnst Museum Cafe

I took a coffee at this cafe at the Lento-Kurnst museum on the Danube. On a fine day you can sit outside and drink your coffee on the banks of the river, but on the inside the view isn't so great, and is slightly blocked by the museum itself. When I visited it had just stopped raining, and it was so early in the morning that the only people in the cafe were sweaty workers from a nearby construction effort. The museum itself looks great, and the location is excellent.

• alectrevor's Profile Photo

Sflieglbrau zum Klosterhof: Outside under the trees.

by alectrevor Updated Sep 25, 2007

The restaurant building is in main street of Linz, but the garden restuarant is right through the building at rear.

Favorite Dish: Schnitel with boiled potatoes,salad and roast potatoes.

Cafe Jentschke: Typical Austrian cakes and treats

Cafe Jentschke in Linz

Cafe Jentschke is a place Elisabeth and I stopped to take a break. We only had some refreshments with some apfelstruedel. We liked the place and would recommend their struedel.

Instant Answers: Linz

Comments

Linz Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Linz restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Linz sightseeing.