Mondsee Restaurants

Our ensemble of cakes
    Banana Cream Cake
  • Poppyseed Cake with dollops of fresh cream
    Poppyseed Cake with dollops of fresh...

Most Recent Restaurants in Mondsee

• mlbk888's Profile Photo

Konditorei Frauenschuh: Pride of Mondsee

by mlbk888 Updated Jan 2, 2008

During Easter of 2006, I re-visted this kaffeehaus for the 4th time ... and mind you, home is 13 hours flight time away!!!

This just goes to show how much I love this charming Austrian-style konditorei. In my humble opinion, it serves more interesting, creative and delicious cakes and pastries than the over-rated Sacher Hotel in Salzburg and Vienna.

Often travel guide books are quick to give rave reviews. However, this is one of the few occasions when I cannot but fully agree with what all the other guide books and reviews had to say.

Favorite Dish: The konditorei's apple strudel is world famous and is to die for. But on this trip, I made the very tough decision to sacrifice it for an Opera and was not at all disappointed. My wife's Poppy Seed Cake was unique and her cousin's Banana Cream Cake was heavenly.

Konditorei Frauenschuh Our ensemble of cakes Banana Cream Cake Poppyseed Cake with dollops of fresh cream Opera Layered Cake

• mydreamquest's Profile Photo

Konditorei Frauenschuh: A Strudel to Die For

by mydreamquest Written Nov 11, 2005

Whenever you go on a bus tour, you will eventually be taken to a place to eat where they will proclaim, "The Best Apple Strudel in all of Austria" is here. Quite honestly, I think any Apple Studel in Austria is the Best Apple Strudel in all of Austria!! Typically, when you order strudel, you have a choice of combining the strudel with vanilla ice cream, whipped cream, or vanilla sauce.

I told the waiter to add all three with my strudel. He laughed suprisingly and obliged! This Konditorei (Cafe) was as good as any and it's just a very short walk from The Cathedral of Mondsee.

Favorite Dish: You're looking at it! The Apple Strudel.

Yummmmmeeeee! The Menu Enjoying My Moment of Joy here
    • Spa and Resort

• acemj's Profile Photo

Not sure: Waterfront eating

by acemj Updated Dec 12, 2004

Well, Michael and I only spent a couple hours here (which is really all you need to see the basics) so we didn't eat lunch, but you have some great choices in terms of atmosphere. You can either choose one of the places in the beautiful main square or walk down to the waterfront and pull up at a chair overlook the lake. Either way, you'll have a great view.

Instant Answers: Mondsee

Comments

Mondsee Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Mondsee restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Mondsee sightseeing.