Steyr Restaurants

• Sam and Iris enjoying the fast food of McDonald
    Sam and Iris enjoying the fast food of...
    by Jerelis
    STUBLE
    by gkitzmil
    Picture courtesy of Globetrott.
    by seamandrew

Most Recent Restaurants in Steyr

• Jerelis's Profile Photo

Mc Donald's Steyr: A standard McDonald's, what else?

by Jerelis Updated Jun 20, 2012
    Sam and Iris enjoying the fast food of McDonald

One of the tough things about traveling with young children (especially picky eaters) can be mealtime. It is stressful to eat every meal out, unfamiliar foods can be challenging, and long restaurant meals can eat into the time you'd like to spend seeing the sights (not to mention the fact that you want to spend some of that precious good behavior in a museum). But at some point during our hike in Steyr it was a safe bet my kids were going to get hungry and demanded to be fed.

I always look for restaurants that are relatively quick, interesting for the kids, and likely to have something that they will eat. When I can, I try to dine outdoors or in a space where there is something interesting for the kids to watch. Since I am a foody and want to have authentic food experiences, I tend to dine in local places rather than chains. So I can hear you all hear saying "Why the hell did he go to a McDonalds'?". You are correct that I am definitely not the fast food junk at all, I usually ignore the McDonald's everywhere I go. The McDonald's in Steyr was an exception ... and it's a standard McDonalds, what the heck should I say?

• Gasthaus Lattner-Korntner: The food! The atmosphere! The view!

by hrhcanada Updated Apr 4, 2011
    Gasthaus Lattner

A few minutes drive outside of Steyr in Nussbach, this is well worth the trip. There is nothing like enjoying your meal of Wiener Schnitzel on the terrace with the sight of the mountains, the smell of the country, and the sounds of the cowbells in the nearby pastures. For me, it's a "must visit" whenever I'm in the area. HIGHLY recommended. (You may even choose to stay over - their Pension Mario is across the road - LOVELY!)

Favorite Dish: Wiener Schnitzel beyond compare - served with rice and salads. But, honestly, you can't go wrong with anything on the menu. Don't see what you want - Herta Korntner will see what she can do to accommodate your food needs.
    Don't forget the Schnapps!!

• Hiking and Walking
    • Seniors

• seamandrew's Profile Photo

Bräuhof Restaurant: A recommendation for dinner

by seamandrew Updated Nov 28, 2004

Picture courtesy of Globetrott.

Elisabeth and I had the pleasure of dining with Michael (globetrott) in Steyr. We went to a restaurant right on the Stadtplatz. Forutnately I have a picture and remember what we ate. The food was good and we had great company of course.

Unfortuantely, that day, Liz tipped over a lit candle behind her and the hot wax spilled all over her brand new ski jacket. Fortunately, the dry cleaners were able to get the wax off. Bless them!

Favorite Dish: I had the Schwein medallions (pork medallions) and Liz had vegetable croquettes. Michael only had a soup. It was a "Veltliner-Schaumsuppe" which I'm not exactly sure what it is... but Liz thinks it's a wine based soup.

• pollon's Profile Photo

Hotel Mader Restaurant: gorgeous breakfast with a touch of friendship...

by pollon Written Oct 15, 2004

Unfortunately there was no time to try the Hotel Mader restaurant bigger meals and I would have needed more than my only morning to even taste all of the breakfast buffet but for sure I can advice it!
    In my pic the apartment where Franz Schubert hold some of his private concerts and in Steyr he composed his Piano Quintet in A.

Sorry I cannot provide the price for breakfast as it was included in my stay overnight but I do hope they serve it also to not guests because it's the place I would choose looking for one.

• gkitzmil's Profile Photo

DINING IN HOTEL MADER

by gkitzmil Written Jun 13, 2004
    STUBLE

I had a most wonderful Austrian meal in the Hotel Mader. I will be writing more on my other pages. The Chef in Hotel Mader prepared my food exactly as I asked -- even though Turkey schnitzel was not on the menu they were most happy to prepare it!

• MEdelmann's Profile Photo

Chinese

by MEdelmann Updated Jun 19, 2003

Sign

Chinese food is served with some Gösser beer from Styria.... Hmmm... what an interesting combination. :-)), but maybe it goes well with wine too ....

Favorite Dish: I have to check it next time, but I prefer local food, because chinese food can never be such delicious as it was in China .....

And I always try to local specialities.....

• MEdelmann's Profile Photo

Hotel / Gasthof Mader: Great food in historic surroundings

by MEdelmann Updated Jun 19, 2003

The sign

Gasthof Mader is a very nice "Gasthof" (restaurant). I came here for dinner after I was very hungry from driving. They have great food and the ambiente is also very cosy and nice.

Favorite Dish: I dried the "Zwiebelrostbraten" (that is a roasted beef with roasted onions and onion sauce) and a small beer (because I had to drive..).

But the "Tafelspitz" (that is boiled beef) is also very recommendable. It is served with some horseraddish sauce here.

Very delicious!

They also have some mouth-watering desserts on the menu, but unfortuneatly I didn't try them.

• In the center:Hotel Mader (a...

by Geralds Written Aug 24, 2002

In the center:
    Hotel Mader (a lot of typical austrian food)
    Also good: Schwechaterhof
    Internationals: Galerie
    very friendly, typical austrian and very romantic.

Favorite Dish: Hotel Mader: order typical austrian 'Erdaepfelkaass'!!

• turnip2000's Profile Photo

Hotel Mader Restaurant: Great Breakfast

by turnip2000 Written Aug 21, 2006

A great place with excellent service and a cool atmosphere. This would be the perfect place to eat and stay (if you have the $) while in Steyr.

Instant Answers: Steyr

Comments

Steyr Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Steyr restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Steyr sightseeing.