Vorderer Langbathsee Travel Guide

Vorderer Langbathsee Sports & Outdoors

• seamandrew's Profile Photo
    Hiking trails along the Vorderer Langbathsee

by seamandrew Written Jan 11, 2003

The trails around the Vorderer Langbathsee are quite nice and very easy. Go take a nice hike and have fun!

Equipment: Appropriate clothing and a bottle of water.

Vorderer Langbathsee Favorites

• seamandrew's Profile Photo
    Vorderer Langbathsee's neighboring woods

by seamandrew Written Feb 25, 2003

Favorite thing: The trails were great for hiking and not difficult at all. The surrounding forest was mysterious and beautiful. The surrounding mountain, Gr. Hoellkogel, was breathtaking.

Fondest memory: As we were hiking up to the Hinterer Langbathsee I felt the Foehn for the first time in my life. I had never heard of it here in the states, probably because it is unique to this area. Foehn is warm air that travels from the Sahara in Africa, accross the Mediterranean Sea, over Italy, over the Alps, and into Austria, Switzerland, and Southern Germany. My brother-in-laws wife told me that they once got sand in Linz that travelled through the stratosphere into Austria. Amazing.

So back to my experience, we were walking up hill and dealing with the cold the best way we could (staying active). All of a sudden, we walked into all this warm air and we were in this "air" for about 3-5 minutes. I actually had to open my coat. It's was pretty neat experiencing the weather like that.

• Hiking and Walking

Instant Answers: Vorderer Langbathsee

Comments

Vorderer Langbathsee Travel Guide
Map of Vorderer Langbathsee