Badgastein Shopping

• Shopping

Most Recent Shopping in Badgastein

Galerie Greyer: Images from the past

by Manara Written Aug 28, 2007

Passing by this shop you are bound to notice it, especially because the street is narrow, and there are no shops on the other side. The shop-window is full of framed paintings and engravings, most of them portraying places in Bad Gastein or its surroundings.

What to buy: I was attracted especially by engravings that show how Bad Gastein used to be in the XIX century. They are available in various sizes, with or without frames.

What to pay: From 20 euros up. I noticed nice engravings at this price.

• Manara's Profile Photo

Nagina: From the caves of these mountains

by Manara Written Jul 30, 2007

A phantasmagoric variety of colours and shapes attracts the passer-by from the shop window of Nagina.
    This shop, that is advertised as "The World of Crystals", sells minerals and also jewels and other objects made with the same minerals. Onyx, quarz, amethist and many other less "noble" stones can be bought here, in their natural shape or transformed into hearts, eggs, spheres of various sizes, or beads that form necklaces and bracelets.

What to buy: As a small souvenir, without a real practical use but very pretty, especially for a girl, I would suggest a heart (about 5 cm across) made of quarz, or onyx or another mineral.
    In order to help the customers, the shop has posted a sign that lists connections between stones and astrological signs. This can be of some help also for those who don't believe in astrology: when you go home and give your little present you can say "I have chosen this for you because it matches your sign".

What to pay: The heart-shaped stones I mentioned above cost € 7. Bracelets are from € 15 up.

Exquisit: Tasteful bling

by Manara Updated Jul 24, 2007

My buy

The beautiful and famous Swarovski crystals and costume jewels are made in Austria. The wonderfully shiny Swarovski crystals are used also by other makers of costume jewelry, and the Oliver Weber Collection is a good example. Also this company is Austrian and in this shop you can find jewels of both makes, all of them with genuine Swarovski crystals.
    The shop, which is run by two very kind ladies, sells also jewels made of natural semi-precious stones. I went in to buy a present for my niece, and I knew exactly what I was looking for, but there were so many nice things on display that in the end I bought also a tiger-eye necklace for me.

What to buy: I noticed nice bracelets and brooches, but the things that mainly attracted me were the necklaces and earrings. They were all so beautiful it was difficult to choose.

What to pay: There are beautiful earrings at about 25 euros. The prices of necklaces with Swarovski crystals ranged from about 70 to 140 euros.

Instant Answers: Badgastein

Comments

Badgastein Shopping

Reviews and photos of Badgastein shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Badgastein sightseeing.