Beer and Wine, Salzburg

Know about this?

• Beer and Wine
    by easterntrekker
  • Enjoying a warm drinkie on a cold winters day!
    Enjoying a warm drinkie on a cold...
    by kentishgirl
    Enjoying yet another Stiegl!!
    by kentishgirl
  • easterntrekker's Profile Photo

Beer

by easterntrekker Written Sep 3, 2008

I'm not a beer drinker at all but beer is a tradition in Austria so I just had to try it . Its very good actually especially on a hot July day . My husband was in his glory as he loves beer anyway. He sampled as many types as he could . Lol There are no shortages of places to try it . Whichever corner you want to stop at

• Singles
    • Beer Tasting

• kentishgirl's Profile Photo

Beer!

by kentishgirl Written Mar 1, 2005

Enjoying yet another Stiegl!!

I enjoyed many a beer in Salzburg!
    There are sooo many good German and Austrian brands to choose from....personally my favourite would easily be the beer that I had at Augustiner Brau....DONT MISS THIS PLACE!

• kentishgirl's Profile Photo

Gluwein

by kentishgirl Updated Mar 1, 2005

Enjoying a warm drinkie on a cold winters day!

I soooo fell in love with this typical Austrian drink when I was here in Salzburg!
    It will certainly warm you up on a cold winters day....well it did me anyways!

Gluwein is like a mulled wine...red wine which is served warm in a mug with spices...soooooooo yummmy!!

• acemj's Profile Photo

Great beer

by acemj Written Dec 12, 2004

picture by globetrott

You can get great beer all over Austria, but Salzburg is the home of the most popular brand, Stiegl. Most of the beers around Salzburg are lager-style and of a good quality. This photo shows me cleaning out a ceramic mug at the well-known Augustiner Brau, which, in my opinion, is the best beer experience in Salzburg (see my restaurant tips for more details).

• bryanhaynes's Profile Photo

Wine

by bryanhaynes Written Oct 16, 2004

Bellini's Bar

We are not big drinkers, but found ourselves drinking the local Austrian red wines a lot. They apparently do not put sulfates (a preservative) in their wine as we do in the U.S. This results in lower occurrences of hangovers as we found out. The wine is not exceptional, but it is good, plentiful and relatively cheap.

• Vintom's Profile Photo

Winter Warmer

by Vintom Updated Jan 1, 2004
    Gluhwein & Punsch

When you stroll around the main market square of old Salzburg at night durung the winter months, why not do as the locals do and enjoy a hot cup of alcholic fruit punch or gluhwein. Just the thing to warm you up and a great thing to do if you fancy stopping to mix with the locals or just stand and watch the world go by.

• Wine Tasting

• TinKan's Profile Photo

Beer and Brat Fest

by TinKan Written May 3, 2003

Beer and Brat Fest

Give an Austrian a reason to party and he will. Give him a chance to sing and dance and he will entertain you. For the few days we were there it seemed that all the folks wanted to do was party and as good guests we partied right along with them. The food and the beer were great. Try some of the rot brat and cold beer to get you in the mood to dance with the locals.

• Beer Tasting