Know about this?
Every Thursday, even in winter a nice flower market is held on Residenzplatz in the New Town. I was quite surprised when I stumbled across this small, charming market right as I started my sightseeing tour at Schloss Mirabell.
It was somehow funny to see the blooming flowers and the snow on the ground next to them on a crisp and sunny winter morning.
Take advantage of Market Day on Thursday
Visiting Salzburg on a Thursday brings the extra treat of being Market Day. Strolling down the old town we found many vendors with beautiful displays. It is a good time to stock up on fruit for the hotel or next day's train ride, or simply mingle across the locals and enjoy the experience.
- Family Travel
- Study Abroad
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Beds for all Budgets!
- Hostelworld.com Sleep Easy on your travels Read 1 million+ ratings & reviews
Salzburg Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Woodlands New Town Hotels
- Flushing Hotels
- Fort Necessity State Park Hotels
- Kiryas Joel Hotels
- Mount Robson Hotels
- Blue Mounds State Park Hotels
- Port Douglas Hotels
- Bitola Hotels
- Vero Beach Hotels