Musical Entertainment, Salzburg

Know about this? Rate It!

If we're all ready, then lets begin!
    by MarvintheMartian
  • Musical Entertainment
    by TheUpsetter
    Kiosk
    by TinKan
  • DEBBBEDB's Profile Photo

A Midsummer's Night Dream: Marionnettes in German

by DEBBBEDB Updated Jun 12, 2008

We (DEB's family) ate an early dinner at the hotel (fabulous) and went to the Marionette show (A Midsummer's Night Dream). Our son has heard the story before, and we could all follow the plot even though the words were in German. The puppets were amazing.

When I (BB) was here with our grandmother, I wrote to my tp my mother that the marionette show "It was so good you would think they were real if you didn’t see the strings."

Our grandmother wrote:

We found the Salzburg Marionettes were actually here, so we bought tickets for “Die Fledermous” for Sat. night –the show was very good, I thot.

• alex-b's Profile Photo

Musical Entertainment: Jazz in Salzburg

by alex-b Written Jun 6, 2005

On my second night I decided to have a bit of a wander round. Couldn't be bothered to go into the centre of town and spotted the club. Decided to go in aand to my delight found that they served food. :Lots of jazz fans and cold beer. On my visit they had an impromptu jam session

Dress Code: cool and casual

• TinKan's Profile Photo

Opera House

by TinKan Written May 24, 2003

Kiosk

The Opera and concert hall is a wonderful way to spend and evening listening to good music and watching the rich and famous of Austria.

There is a Kiosk that has the info on what concerts are coming up located not to far from the concert hall. Take a look to see if there is something that you want to listen to when you first come into town and ask at the hotel if they can find you tickets.

Dress Code: For most of the concerts it is shirt, tie and jacket.

• Theater Travel

• globetrott's Profile Photo

Sound of Music at many places

by globetrott Updated May 13, 2003

Sound of Music - evenings in Salzburg

As so plenty of tourists come to Salzburg because they want to see the original scenery of the movie " Sound of Music " plenty of places offer all kinds of performances with these well known songs...

This is one of the posters I saw in the streets...

DO NOT expect any Austrian to go into these shows, as austrians would NEVER recognize any of these songs as their own traditional music...

BUT : Good for YOU - its in ENGLISH ONLY

• Theater Travel

• MarvintheMartian's Profile Photo

Many venues: Classical Concerts

by MarvintheMartian Updated May 2, 2003

If we're all ready, then lets begin!

It's Salzburg, birthplace of Mozart, so that means plenty of concerts most of the year.
    The Cathedral hosts several music events including an exellent Requiem (Mozarts of course). Check out the noticeboard outside the cathedral's main entrance.
    Also the Cathedral allows visiting Choirs to just sing during the day (I don't know what kind of prior permission needs to be arranged). I visited the Cathedral and while looking around a group of French tourists started singing some excellent music.

Dress Code: A bit smart, but it doesn't really matter in the cathedral. Other venues may be a bit more fussy - I don't know!

Instant Answers: Salzburg

Comments

Other Nightlife in Salzburg