Know about this? Rate It!
This lovely little village near Salzburg was breathtaking. Situated along Lake Wolfgang, or Wolfgangsee as the locals refer, the village is nestled at the base of the Alps, with houses and shops flooding over with flowers.
Sit and take in the sights, or browse the shops - either will provide restful calm as you make your way through the byways in Austria.
Mozart's mother and sister were born in this little village, so for those who are following the footsteps of Mozart, consider this village on your itinerary.
The Alps are a popular ski resort in winter and an ideal hiking area in summer. But between these seasons you hardly find tourists here. That's the ideal time for hiking. I spent one day in the Alps near "Lake Königssee", a lake on the German side, 20km west of Salzburg. It was a clear and sunny day. The snow still had a height of up to 50 cm but the air had almost +20°C - ideal conditions for a snowball fight.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save money, Book now!
- Booking.com Excellent choice, Low rates
Salzburg Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Salt Lake City Hotels
- Kinzua Bridge State Park Hotels
- Village of Tiki Island Hotels
- Port McNicoll Hotels
- Peschiera del Garda
- Florida Off The Beaten Path
- Chicago Off The Beaten Path
- Venice Off The Beaten Path
- Georgia Off The Beaten Path
- Colorado Off The Beaten Path
- Tennessee Off The Beaten Path
- DAY TRIPS AROUND MUMBAI
- Outside Rome
- Las Vegas Off The Beaten Path
- Texas Off The Beaten Path
- Mackinac Island Off The Beaten Path
- Washington D.C. Off The Beaten Path