Know about this? Rate It!
My Path Getting To...
Not many people would do this path to reach Hohensalzburg Fortress. They normally take the easy route by walking through The Old Town.
Another way is by walking/hiking up the small forest area called Monschberg.
It's quite easy if you like walking. I was lucky to have a guide showing me this path.
Nevertheless, I am sure you won't get lost in this area if somebody is accompanying you or you do this walk during the day where you could see some joggers or walkers around this forested area.
Here I include the map for easy (I hope) guidance for any of you who want to follow this path...
Notice the 3 main points/areas :
The Train Station, walking towards the Salzach River;
The Monschberg area;
The Hohensalzberg Fortress.
- Historical Travel
- Budget Travel
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save money, Book now!
- Booking.com Excellent choice, Low rates
Salzburg Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Rio de Janeiro
- Taughannock Falls State Park Hotels
- New York State
- Sandusky Hotels
- Pulau Pangkor Hotels
- Negeri Pulau Pinang Hotels
- Puerto Rico
- Florida Off The Beaten Path
- Colorado Off The Beaten Path
- Tennessee Off The Beaten Path
- Philadelphia Off The Beaten Path
- DAY TRIPS AROUND MUMBAI
- Washington State Off The Beaten Path
- Key West Off The Beaten Path
- Outside Rome
- Las Vegas Off The Beaten Path
- Mackinac Island Off The Beaten Path
- Texas Off The Beaten Path
- Washington D.C. Off The Beaten Path