Know about this?
Although Salzburg IS a very safe city that you can feel safe walking around in anytime, I had a habit of being approached by beggars.
Outside the Mozart Residence I was approached for money by a man and when I was returning from the Old City and the pedestrian bridge across the street from the Mozart Residence, I was approached by another beggar.
I should have asked her for money instead. She was dressed better than me and had a bigger umbrella. I hadn't shaved in two weeks, I was in the same clothes I had been wearing since January 2005 (this was now March 2005) and I was wet from a constant rain getting under my travel umbrella.
Beggars are fairly rare in Salzburg and this was the first time in my multiple trips to the city that I had been approached there.
It's rare but it happens.
- Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
- Study Abroad
Too Many Tourists...
Salzburg is a safe place.
As usual, a place like Salzburg attracts tourists from the world over.
Sometimes, it's hard to walk on some places ! In & around Mirabell Garden, Mozart's Place, Hohensalzburg Fortress...are some areas where you can see many people.
Neverthless, I survived this qualm by watching the people instead. Some of them are really funny, maybe as funny as they looked at me...
Anyhow, not all over Salzburg are busy quesy, some areas are just nice to be alone. Like the Monchsberg hill, some streets on the New Town & a walk along the Salzach River is also nice if you are not followed by some school kids !
- Historical Travel
- Budget Travel
Be prepared in December!
During December do not only watch out for glaze frost or the various "Gluehwein" huts -
BE PREPARED to meet some of these guys!
Position: escort of St. Nikolaus (aka. Santa Claus)
Function: punishment of naughty children *hehe*
Dangerous Time: December 5th (and some days around that date)
Salzburg is a VERY safe town, there is really nothing to be scared of, everyone, even woman can walk alone at night in every area of the town. Two girl friends of mine happened to meet a maniac who showed them "something", but I guess that kind of guys are everywhere! =)
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Beds for all Budgets!
- Hostelworld.com Sleep Easy on your travels Read 1 million+ ratings & reviews
Salzburg Travel Guide
Explore the World
- United States of America
- Cleveland Park Hotels
- Tacloban City Hotels
- Amman Hotels
- Giant City State Park Hotels
- Montecatini Terme
- Kuala Lumpur Warnings and Dangers
- Marseille Warnings and Dangers
- Hurghada Warnings and Dangers
- Lisbon Warnings and Dangers
- Playa del Carmen Warnings and Dangers
- San Juan Warnings and Dangers
- Be aware of Call Girls
- Kathmandu Warnings and Dangers
- Barcelona Warnings and Dangers
- Munnar Warnings and Dangers
- Croatia Warnings and Dangers
- Odessa Warnings and Dangers