really safe, Salzburg

by coceng
  • Peterodl's Profile Photo

Beggars

by Peterodl Written Aug 25, 2005

Although Salzburg IS a very safe city that you can feel safe walking around in anytime, I had a habit of being approached by beggars.
    Outside the Mozart Residence I was approached for money by a man and when I was returning from the Old City and the pedestrian bridge across the street from the Mozart Residence, I was approached by another beggar.
    I should have asked her for money instead. She was dressed better than me and had a bigger umbrella. I hadn't shaved in two weeks, I was in the same clothes I had been wearing since January 2005 (this was now March 2005) and I was wet from a constant rain getting under my travel umbrella.
    Beggars are fairly rare in Salzburg and this was the first time in my multiple trips to the city that I had been approached there.
    It's rare but it happens.

• Study Abroad

• coceng's Profile Photo

Too Many Tourists...

by coceng Written Oct 22, 2003

Some areas in Salzburg

Salzburg is a safe place.
    As usual, a place like Salzburg attracts tourists from the world over.
    Sometimes, it's hard to walk on some places ! In & around Mirabell Garden, Mozart's Place, Hohensalzburg Fortress...are some areas where you can see many people.
    Neverthless, I survived this qualm by watching the people instead. Some of them are really funny, maybe as funny as they looked at me...
    Anyhow, not all over Salzburg are busy quesy, some areas are just nice to be alone. Like the Monchsberg hill, some streets on the New Town & a walk along the Salzach River is also nice if you are not followed by some school kids !

• rui_bijie's Profile Photo

Be prepared in December!

by rui_bijie Written Oct 17, 2003

Krampus

During December do not only watch out for glaze frost or the various "Gluehwein" huts -

BE PREPARED to meet some of these guys!

Name: Krampus
    Position: escort of St. Nikolaus (aka. Santa Claus)
    Function: punishment of naughty children *hehe*
    Dangerous Time: December 5th (and some days around that date)

• Soooooooooo safe

by luca_jensen Written Dec 11, 2002

Salzburg is a VERY safe town, there is really nothing to be scared of, everyone, even woman can walk alone at night in every area of the town. Two girl friends of mine happened to meet a maniac who showed them "something", but I guess that kind of guys are everywhere! =)

Instant Answers: Salzburg