Graz Nightlife

by globetrott

Most Recent Nightlife in Graz

Cohibar: Latin Rhythm - Café, Cocktailbar, Zigarrenlounge

by graz-ie Written Oct 9, 2005

A very nice place where the have Live Music - Sunday for sure - I don´t know about the week - I will ask my friend.
    We go dancing there once in a while because we just love Lain Music and Salsa...

Dress Code: nothing... just swing you hips

• barryg23's Profile Photo

Glockl Brau: Drinking....

by barryg23 Updated Sep 29, 2005

Ruth in Glockl Brau

We stopped at a sports bar on Glockenspielplatz for a quick drink before dinner. There are plenty of nice cafes and bars on this square, in a good location in the centre of the old town. Try their house beer - Glockl Brau - same name as the bar and good value at 2.80 Euro a pint.

• polardabar's Profile Photo

ERASMUS Party

by polardabar Updated Sep 26, 2005

I've been to an ERASMUS Party organized every two weeks [as far as I know] where there's all kinds of music [mostly commercial], depending on visitors' wishes... It's a pretty cool place if you wanna hook up with some exchange students.

Dancing: GMD _ Generalmusicdirektion

by graz-ie Written Jun 19, 2005

I like that place because there is a big space for dancing (compared to a lot of other places in Graz at least) and they have a nice variety of events and music - siehe website for that.
    for example: Disco 74, Disco 2000, Sushi
    Club, Club 2 (is there
    sometimes)....

Univiertel: Kultus - Kulturhauskeller

by graz-ie Written Jun 19, 2005

The Kultus is the same as the Three Monkeys - a student club - it is just that it always seems that the people coming here are much younger then in the Three Monkeys.
    But the music is nice in both of them and the entrance fee is not high so you can switch between both of them during the night.

Cocktailbar: Buddha Bar Pfauengarten

by graz-ie Written Jun 19, 2005

I just went to the Buddha Bar yesterday for the first time and I really liked it. It has a nice ambiente and the cocktails are also very good.
    So I can only recommend it to everyone. It is a little hard to find since it is kind of hidden - close to the Färberplatz.

Dress Code: ...we thought we might not get in with our sandals but when we were sitting inside we noticed that we all had more clothes on then buddha himself so why shouldn´t they let us in?

Univiertel: Three Monkeys

by graz-ie Updated Jun 19, 2005

The "Three Monkeys" is my favourite club to go to when I want to dance, which I like a lot. But it is not a big discothek - it is a nice club with a small place to also dance if you want to.
    There have Live Music every Sunday and Karaoke on Wednesday I guess.

And if it is not your place there are plenty of others around it - in the univiertel.

• School Holidays

• polardabar's Profile Photo

Dom im Berg: The light in the middle of the Tunnel

by polardabar Written Oct 19, 2004

Can you see the light? :)

There is a tunnel under the Schlossberg leading you from Schlossbergplatz to the other end of the hill. We went there on a Saturday evening & there was a big party in Dom im Berg. There are always some (mostly techno) parties - I saw there were upcoming concerts by DJ Kicks, Massive Attack aso. A pretty crazy place to go out anyway... :)

• Three Monkey's: Crowed Karaoke

by Rugger1869 Written Aug 19, 2004

This place is rediculous... It is crowded.. so crowded in fact if you would like to take a trip around the bar give yourself about 20 minutes. It is also real hot so dress appropriately. Saying that, it is a heckuva a lot of fun. Try the Mojito upstairs... supposed to be the best one in the region.

Dress Code: Anything goes

• gschindl's Profile Photo

Kulturhauskeller: best student bar in Graz

by gschindl Written Dec 8, 2003

The Kulturhauskeller, known as "Kultus", is the bar, where most students of Graz go out. You can go there from Tuesday to Saturday. On weekends it is really crowded - I prefere to go there on Thursdays.

Dress Code: Wear what you want to - there is no dress code

• aramat's Profile Photo

Island in the Mur: Futuristic night out

by aramat Updated Oct 9, 2003

Island in the Mur

The Island on the Mur is a cool place, particularly at night. When I was there, the light was purple and water was flowing down on the outside of the shell and inside the bar/restaurant was full of people. A large variety of drinks and international food are available (the tapas, nachos, etc, kind). It's fun sitting there, a very futuristic feeling.

The photo is by Harry Schiffer from http://www.graz03.at/, I didn't take my camera with me, because I didn't know where we were going.

Dress Code: Casual

• Architecture

• Imbi's Profile Photo

Bermudadreieck: Drinking area

by Imbi Written Dec 22, 2002

Like Linz and Vienna, Graz has a narrow drinking area packed full of trendy bars, known as the Bermudadreieck (Bermuda Triangle). It's pretty dead in the daylight, but it bursts alive at night. Its streets are strewn with black gravel, apparently to prevent nasty accidents.

• orlikins's Profile Photo

Royal English Cinema: English language cinema

by orlikins Written Nov 26, 2002

Figured Nightlife is the best place to put this tip.
    The Royal is where you can watch all the latest Hollywood blockbusters in it's English original language, great value if you have a Graz university student card. It takes about 3-4 months for a US film to reach Germany & Austria so you'll probably know what happens in the film by the time it arrives, but its better than dubbing. :)

Dress Code: n/a

• orlikins's Profile Photo

Flann O'Briens, etc: You'll never beat the Irish!

by orlikins Updated Oct 21, 2002

Surprise surprise, the Irish pubs were the cool and groovy places to be seen in in Graz. :)

Flann O'Briens
    Molly Malone
    O'Carolans
    Peggy Sue - an American style bar and diner

During the semester, students can pick up dirt cheap opera tickets on Monday nights.
    Graz is a student town, so I found it a bit 'dead' over the Easter holidays when everyone had gone home (and I was stuck writing my thesis!) It's very lively at the weekends - but you dont need me to tell you that!

Dress Code: You'll look fine as you are :) No need to dress up for the pub. :)

• gschindl's Profile Photo

Claweki: Claweki

by gschindl Updated Aug 26, 2002

Nice bar in the 'Bermudadreieck'. That's direct in the old town of Graz. On Saturdays very many people inside, so there are sometimes allready too many people. There they play nice music. People are between 20 and 30 there.

Dress Code: no dress code

Instant Answers: Graz

Comments

Graz Nightlife

Reviews and photos of Graz nightlife posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Graz sightseeing.