Graz Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Graz

• halikowski's Profile Photo

Ginko: Quality vegetarian food

by halikowski Written Dec 30, 2011

Excellent restaurant, much frequented, modestly priced. Food included an excellent lentil soup with garlic and spices (cumin), Mexican tortillas, vegetarian Indian curries with potatoes and chickpeas, fritters, salads.
    Decor down at heel, less tylish than say Ginko's rival 'Mangold'.

Alte Munze: Steierishe cuisine

by croisbeauty Updated Nov 17, 2011

Alte Munze

Alte Munze is one of the restaurants with the longest tradition in Graz, typical Styrian restaurant istuate in the old core of the city. It is one of those restaurants which reminding us senior Vters to gnandma kitchen. The ambient is very attractive, especially to those who like old fashionable style.

Favorite Dish: Styrian cuisine is typical for it soups, as a first dish, in particularly for vegetable soups but also for chiken soup with noudles. The second dish is usally beef meat, boiled or roasted with patatoes made in over dozen different ways.
    I have ordered simple dish, winner schnitzle with potatoes and green salad. Although am not very found of beers have took cold Paulainer beer since it was pretty hot day. Such a lunch have pay something less then 20 euros.

The Greek restaurant: The Greek restaurant

by croisbeauty Updated Aug 31, 2011

El Greco

The restaurant is situated in the very heart of the city, in well known Hofgasse street. It is more alike touristy place offering inexpensive but good food. The ambient is pretty modest but usually clean and in accordance to high Austrian standards

Favorite Dish: Sincerely, I can't tell you any because I never had lunch here. According to the menu it offers the traditional Greek food.

Horkeller: Traditional Grazer restaurant

by croisbeauty Updated Aug 31, 2011

Horkeller

The classy restaurant in Hofgasse which offers Set meals from 9,00 to 30,00 Euros. According to what I've paid for my lunch, you better forget the first mentioned price. Fact is, the lunch will cost you barelly less then 20 euros.
    The ambient is, however, very nice while the service at the usual very high level.

Favorite Dish: - Wienerschnitzle mit pomfrites
    - large glass of beer
    - sauchertorte

Rudolf: Rudolf

by bonio Updated Apr 4, 2011

Brewpub next to Schloss Eggenberg, a lunchtime visit and a buffet available - to good to miss.
    Decent food with a vegetarian option too, both enjoyed several visits! House brewed beers as well, this is a good place to eat.

Ferl's: Ferl's

by bonio Updated Apr 4, 2011

A weinstube in the city centre, a lunchtime visit for us - no wine, just local Puntigamer beer!
    Excellent goulasch for me and good vegetarian options for herself in this friendly and comfortable restaurant, a little old fashioned maybe but just how we like them!
    Enjoyed our lunch here.

• Gambrinuskeller: Great Value

by PhilC2 Updated Apr 4, 2011

This large restaurant has apparently been trading since 1596. I ate here a couple of times on my first stop and found it to be excellant value. There's an exhaustive menu that offers a wide range of food, including Styrian specialities at very reasonable rates and large helpings.
    I remember being seated next to an Austrian gentleman on our first time there who had a stall on the Christmas market and had travlled from Northern Austria and it was great to chat and hear what he had been up to. The restaurant is very large and has a couple of rooms to choose from. The ones at the front and side are the better ones. On my last visit there I got stuck in a room to the rear, which wasn't too hot on the decor, so try and keep away from ending up at the back.

Favorite Dish: I know it was a Styrian dish but I can't remember what it was though. It was a massive helping though. Every time I came out that restaurant I was completely stuffed.

• dcwizard's Profile Photo

Yamamoto: Sushi in Graz

by dcwizard Updated Apr 4, 2011

If you're in the mood for sushi while in Graz, Yamamoto is there to satisfy your craving. Located in the city center, the intimate restaurant has a friendly staff and very good fresh sushi. It is a very small restaurant, so call ahead to reserve one of the four or five small tables. Or you can sit at the long sushi bar.

Favorite Dish: The sushi combination with the tempura was very tasty.

• Singles
    • Business Travel

Lendplatzl: Good pub

by bonio Written Nov 17, 2010

Good looking place cose to our hotel. It's a friendly pub / restaurant - choose which part to sit in.
    Very tasty pork steak with apple for me and goats cheese for herself, a good veggi choice - both managed a dessert too, excellent strudel!
    Comfortable, good food, friendly - enjoyed our visit here.

Bräukeller: Bräukeller

by bonio Updated Nov 12, 2010

Spotted this pub - restaurant between our hotel and the railway station so pretty sure of a visit.
    Large and comfortable inside, friendly and chatty service on a busy evening. Food good, huge salad for Mrs B, zwiebelrostbraten for me - very tasty.
    Photos on the wall suggest a few famous visitors, to our shame we didn't recognise them - loved the jukebox though!
    Stiegl beers from Salzburg to go with it, a good place to visit.

• Frankowitsch: Not just a sandwich

by ceciliav Written Apr 13, 2009

This is the quintessential Graz lunch experience - exquisite open sandwiches in a wonderfully old-fashioned, elegant setting. And the patisserie next door is to die for. Also the gift shop upstairs is definitely worth a visit.

Favorite Dish: Try a selection of the gravadlax, the lobster, the roast beef, camembert - they're all delicious

• Business Travel

• Boniek's Profile Photo

McDonalds: Are you Irish?

by Boniek Updated Mar 15, 2008

Not really a restaurant tip but more of a story.

There I was in 1993 enjoying my Big Mac and McBeer (awful) chatting away to Helga and her friend when this chap intruded on us with, "Hey are you Irish?" When I said, "Yes" he laughed and said, "Oh IRA". I said, "Yes" and made a gun-shape with my fingers. He stopped smiling, wolfed down his Big Mac and left faster than your insides after a strong laxative.

If you're on a tight budget and a non-existant exercise regime, then there's McDonalds for you. Off you go and indulge...

Favorite Dish: McBeer for the first time.

Rubbish taste!! Needed more mayo I think.

• Boniek's Profile Photo

No idea - you know I never even thought of looking: What a view

by Boniek Updated Mar 15, 2008

I ate here each time I've been to Graz and in 2004 I took Annemarie to sample it. It was still as lovely as ever. We sat in the afternoon sun drinking beer (Grosser) and both of us had pasta dishes. Very pleasant and I highly (pardon the pun) recommend this beautiful mountain top restaurant.

You have a choice of two ways getting to the top...1 is to walk. This is a good idea if you want to build up your appetite...2 is the mountian train. It climbs at a very steep angle from the bottom of right up to the restaurant. There is a small fee but it's well worth it.

Just watch the fecking bees during the summer!!

Favorite Dish: Carbonara. Generous helping and very well cooked. Really enjoyable. The view from the table overlooking the Hedgehog and the rest of Graz was amazing.

• Castles and Palaces

• graz-ie's Profile Photo

Eschenlaube: great food - nice place

by graz-ie Updated Jun 21, 2007

Here you find soemthing for everyone - from pizza, pasta until food from marokko for example. it is very good and I really like to eat there - even though I have two favorite dishes which I always eat ;)

It´s really close to the center and to the stadtpark - the biggest park in town.

Favorite Dish: risotto with chicken or
    spinach spätzle

• Café Muhr: Coffee On The Square

by PhilC2 Updated May 17, 2007

I went here with Wend one cold day for a bit of respite against the chill and to have a well earned rest. There's normally seating outside, which would be good in the summer as the cafe is on the main Hauptplatz but we grabbed a table indoors. Its a very small cafe but very cosy though, with a crowd gathered by the bar and by a standing area engrossed in conversation.
    I had a strong local black coffee with a spirit (I can't remember what it was called). I loved the way it was presented with the milk in a jug, a little chocolate and a free glass of water. What a difference the atmosphere was. Back in England, the cafes have plastic seating and are full of old people who moan about the wheather and builders on the skive who sit there reading the Sun newspaper. The chat is normally about giro, football & phone in competitions.

Instant Answers: Graz

Comments

Graz Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Graz restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Graz sightseeing.