Get a hiking map!
Favorite thing: As Alpbach is a perfect place for hiking, I recommend you buy a hiking map. You can get it in the tourist information for 3,50 €. It’s on a scale of 1:30000, with some hiking recommendations (in German and English), and covers the whole region with the Alpbachtal valley, parts of the Ziller valley and the mountains north of the Inn valley. I found it really helpful.
You also can find information on hiking tours in the Alpbachtal region on www.outdooractive.com and www.wandermap.net.
- Hiking and Walking
Alpbachtal Seenland Card
Favorite thing: When you stay in one of the villages in this area, you will get the “Alpbachtal Seenland Card”. With this, you can use quite a lot of things free of charge. Okay, you pay a visitor’s tax of 2 € per day and person, but especially the gondola lifts are expensive, so I really like this Card!
In summer, the Card includes for example:
- Wiedersberghornbahn, the Reitherkogelbahn (both are gondola lifts) and the Sonnwendjochbahn (a chair lift)
- indoor swimming pools in Alpbach, Brixlegg and Münster
- swimming lakes in Reith and Kramsach
- bus services within that region
- Museum of Tryolean Farmhouses
For a full list, please see the Alpbach website.
In winter, you get special rates for ski passes.
- Save money, Book now!
- Booking.com Excellent choice, Low rates
- Save up to 50% off Hotels Everyday
- Expedia.com Photos, Reviews and the Guaranteed Lowest Prices