Ellmau Restaurants

Best Rated Restaurants in Ellmau

Ellmauer Alm: Traditional Tyrolin Restaurant

by scottishvisitor Updated Jul 30, 2007

The Ellmauer Alm is a traditional restaurant serving authentic Tyrolin cuisine. Here the staff treat you to true Austrian hospitality, friendliness and excellent service. We ate here on two evenings during our stay both visits were memorable and we enjoyed the food and ambience. The second evening as the first saw us eating outside - there is no air conditioning inside and it can become rather warm. The only rain we encountered decided to fall during our meal so we ventured inside with the staff quickly following with what remained of our meal and drinks. Inside away from the rain there were some folk singers haha guess what they were singing = "I'm Singing in the Rain" We finished our meal - the rain had stopped and we were able to enjoy the rest of the evening outside taking in the night air.

Favorite Dish: The Schnitzel was again Kenny's choice if he finds something good he sticks to it!! I had yummy semmel knodels with delicious roast pork in a devine gravy which had a slightly fruity flavour like cherries. We both had the famous Apfel Strudel so light and flaky chopped full of raisins and apples served with vanilla ice cream. The waitress then brought us coffee and included two free snapps a nice thank you for our custom = Cheers!
    Opening times are 10.00 till 14.00 and 17.00 till 23.00 closed Wednesday

Husky Bar: Tyrolian Food to fill you up

by scottishvisitor Updated Jul 29, 2007

As well as the Husky Bar where you can choose from a snack menu and sit inside or out in the super sunshine, they also have a seperate small restaurant serving breakfast and dinner. The restaurant has little detail and the tables are close together but the food is wholesome if a little leaning towards British cuisine. Both the bar and restaurant are open to non residents.

Favorite Dish: Although as I said the food was very British with such things as roasts with potatoes and vegetables, one evening we were treated to typical Tyrolian food. This was very good and so filling! I'm glad I didn't have a starter as I had the Tiroler Grostl a hearty dish of little pieces of roast beef cooked together with bite sized roast potatoes and onions in a thin tasty gravy topped off with a fried egg. Kenny's choice was Wiener Schnitzel made from veal fillet served with erdapfel salat. We both had Sachertorte a famous cake orginating from the Sacher Hotel in Vienna - a very light chocolate sponge with apricot and rum filling all enticingly scrummy. After the heary meal we had our coffee outside - a very pleasant way to spend an evening.

Panorama Restaurant: Having lunch with Elmi the magic frog

by scottishvisitor Updated Jul 29, 2007

The Panorama Restaurant is located in the middle station of the Hartkaiser Mountain. A self service restaurant with an extensive menu including snacks - hot and cold drinks and main meals. If you order a meal it will be brought to your table by a waiter. The views from up here are indeed magical and the numerous yellow umberellas provide welcome shade from the strong summer sun. I did ask the little frog if he could turn the heat down just a little so my ice cream did not melt but he didn't comply!! An enjoyable experience - lunch at a lofty height

Favorite Dish: Being so close to Italy Ice Cream is popular here too. They had a great choice offering an array of flavours. A difficult choice though - I was like a kid in a sweet shop! Eventually I chose creamy vanilla with fruits of the forest topped with crispy wavers and biscuits. What did my other half have? Well he ate a chicken sandwich with salad washed down with his favourite tipple.

Mestizo Lounge: Ice Sorbet with a twist in the tail

by scottishvisitor Updated Apr 4, 2011

On our first day here in Ellmau after a long walk around the village on a very hot day we decided to stop a while and have a refreshing drink. Mestizo's had lovely comfortable seating outside - my seat had a view to the side of the mountains (what else) and the most adorable cherry tree with its abundance of cherries. Looking at the cherries and resisting an urge to consume them we ordered a Trumer Pils and a welschriesling wine - a quick look at the menu (in German) found me looking for something fruity. Well it was a fruit called a lemon zinger which was adorable cold iced lemon sorbet but it floated in pure alcohol!! A surprise in my glass if a tad potent!!

Favorite Dish: We only had liquid refreshment = but they do have a snack menu as well as a full meals menu which is used in the evenings.

• chrishc's Profile Photo

Gasthaus Lobewein: Great food, large helpings

by chrishc Updated Sep 26, 2005

Am I supposed to eat it or climb it?

Visited this place in the winter and the summer, just had to go back to sample the mixed grill that my friend had in February and it didn't let me down.

A wide range of cookery from steak and chips to Austrian country fare.

Favorite Dish: The farmer's mixed grill which is pictured is every bit as exciting as it looks, sausage, beef, pork and turkey (or chicken?). A good meal for the hungry skier . . . or walker.

• Skiing and Boarding
    • Hiking and Walking

• Haflingertraenke: Spectacular Views and Good Food (Austria)

by donnell Written Jun 24, 2007

4 Star Mountain Restaurant and Gasthof situated on the side of the "Wilder Kaiser" with good views over Ellmau and Sheffau. Food ranges from local Tyrolian specialities to international dishes such as fish platter or pepper steak. Food is good and the atmosphere friendly. BBQ evening every Thursday and "Schnitzel" evening every Wednesday. Chef was trained in the 5 Star Sacher Hotel in Vienna.
    Have eaten here many times and never been disappointed.
    Family friendly, with small childrens play area outside the restaurant.

Favorite Dish: All dishes good, but my favourite is the Wiener Schnitzel with Tyrolian Potato Salad. I am not normally a fan of Wiener Schitzel, but here it is excellent - not fatty or greasy as in so many German restaurants. The potato salad is excellent - unlike the American version, it is not covered in Mayo and is served warm!

• Skiing and Boarding

Instant Answers: Ellmau

Comments

Ellmau Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Ellmau restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Ellmau sightseeing.