People, Innsbruck

• iris2002's Profile Photo

How to YODEL ... a tutorial

by iris2002 Updated Apr 4, 2011

course in yodellin

When in Innsbruck/Tyrol --- or Austria in general you will hear a lot of folk-music mostly connected with some serious YODELING :)

But how does one do that : holladiholladiridio???? Yodel-Ay-Ee-Oooo?????????

The facial contortions are the first thing you notice ...

Let's begin by going over some of the consonant and vowel sounds combined to create the language of yodel. Try this with higher notes also moving toward the natural break from your chest voice to your head voice....

JODEL COURSE LEVEL1
    (with audio)

• Singles

• Chess Anyone...?

by reeka Written Oct 22, 2003

Our horse drawn carriage ride dropped us off by the local park, I cannot remember its name, but as it was such a beautiful day we ventured inside. Actually we could hear music coming from the gardens which enticed us to go in the first place.

As we were following the sound, we came upon a little area where people were playing chess with the 'life' size pieces.

I used to be able to play the game when I was younger, alas, I cannot remember it now.

The picture is a little dark, the chess board is just outside the building were the brass band were playing.

• Friendly People

by sabsi Written Jan 6, 2003

No fiakers please!

I was surprised how friendly everybody in Innsbruck was, no matter where. Staff in restaurants and in the hotel, people you met in the streets... everybody was just friendly. I loved it.

Instant Answers: Innsbruck