Know about this? Rate It!
In the rest of the 'off-the-beaten-path' tips I want to give you an impression of the beautiful interior of this cathedral.
In this picture you can see the altar of the Dom zu St. Jakob.
Dom zu St. Jakob
The outside of the cathedral may not look so spectacular, but the inside is really beautiful.
Here is some more info about the cathedral I found on the website http://www.tiscover.at :
'The cathedral was converted from Gothic to Baroque between 1717 and 1724. The altar is home to a valuable Madonna and Child by German master Lucas Cranach the Elder. Ceilings and stucco work by the Asam brothers. The Innsbruck carillon sounds in aid of peace. The cathedral includes the tomb of Archduke Maximillian III, a grand master of the Teutonic Order, built by Caspar Gras in 1620.
The cathedral was reopened in 1993 following a 2-year renovation period.'
Don't forget to look up at...
Don't forget to look up at the ceiling of the cathedral. You will be amazed by what you see. The paintings make it look like that the ceiling is arched, and giving a lot of depth. But that isn't the case! It is all painted on a flat surface. I was amazed by these wonderful paintings.
So many details to look at on this beautiful pulpit in the Dom zu St. Jakob. Amazing to see all the wood carvings and details on this pulpit!
Oops.... the picture is a bit crooked, hahaha, but I think you get the idea. This is the beautiful organ in the church.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save money, Book now!
- Booking.com Excellent choice, Low rates
Innsbruck Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Boca Chica Key
- Hanauma Bay Hotels
- Diamond Beach Hotels
- Amritsar Hotels
- Tai Tam Hotels
- Jamaica Off The Beaten Path
- Nashville Off The Beaten Path
- Charleston Off The Beaten Path
- Alabama Off The Beaten Path
- Crete Island Off The Beaten Path
- San Francisco Off The Beaten Path
- New York City Off The Beaten Path
- Quebec Off The Beaten Path
- Vermont Off The Beaten Path
- Salt Lake City Off The Beaten Path
- Lexington Off The Beaten Path
- Chattanooga Off The Beaten Path