Cafe im Turm (Panorama Cafe), Innsbruck

Panorama café
    by tessy
    View of the ramp
    by bchbabe15
    Seni & Nykaenen at Tower Caf?
    by Nykaenen
  • Cafe am Turm (Bergisel): Service depends on your skin colour !

by milsani Written May 30, 2012

There we were, with our 10 months old baby and my in-laws (senior citizens), requesting a table for four. The waitress goes to her colleague, whispers something, both grinning and giggling looking at us. We wait, wait, and wait ! I ask directly if they have a problem with our skin colour (we are wheatish btw) ! The waitress blabbers something and starts to set the table. We gave our choices from the menu. Well, not many options for vegetarians! We were observing the entire restaurant team very closely. The entire crew was banging the plates and cutlery so loud that I noticed almost all the guests were looking at the restaurant team rather than enjoying the breath-taking view of the Alps and Innsbruck. We notice our food coming out of the kitchen...and landing at another table ! We were fuming ! The waitress realises her mistake, brings the food to our table. then we wait a couple of minutes for the cutlery. They bring three table napkins for four people ! My wife finds spaghetti floating in a mixture of water, oil and pesto ! The Kaesespaetzle was just edible (comparing with the ones in Schwabenland) ! And, someone correct me if I am wrong, don't you normally serve sliced bread with tomato soup ? They gave Brotchen (the complete piece used for Belegte-Brotchen) ! In the meantime, I observe the runner dumping dirty plates in the Bread-basket, a family with three kids literally begging a waiter for more ketch-up, a Russian complaining about something to a waiter in broken German, a couple screaming at a waiter to give back the change as he nonchalantly walks away with a 50Euro ! We ask for our bill, the waiter gets the wrong one ! We had enough for the day !

Favorite Dish: are you kidding !

• Skiing and Boarding

• globetrott's Profile Photo

Cafe im Turm (Panorama Cafe): For the best view of the city & mountain-panorama

by globetrott Updated Apr 4, 2011

the ski-jump and panorama cafe in Bergisel

What a great idea to build a panorama Cafe into the ski-jump on Bergisel . Cafe im Turm is certainly the best choice, when you like to have a perfect view on a nice and sunny day !
    The restaurant is open daily untill 07.00p.m.
    upon reservation they even open the restaurant also for groups
    in the evening between 07.00p.m. and 01.00a.m.

Favorite Dish: they have great cakes and coffee in the afternoon and they also serve excellent meals, although I think that the perfect panorama is the best you may get there !!
    Find out more about this place, when you click on my link below!

• Nykaenen's Profile Photo

Tower Cafe

by Nykaenen Updated Jan 12, 2004

Seni & Nykaenen at Tower Caf?

Tower Cafe is, of course, situated on top of the Bergisel Ski Jump and offers a breathtaking view of Innsbruck and the mountains thanks to its glass walls.
    The cafe is open daily from 9:00 till 17:00, but it's possible to rent it for evening parties as well.
    To reach the cafe you'll first have to use the furnicular & then the lift. It will cost you 6 Euros to make it to the top, but the price includes also an access to the observation terrace.

Favorite Dish: We came to enjoy our late morning coffee there, but the cakes looked so delicious and the temptation was great :-))))
    I had a blueberry cake. Seni ordered the one called Bergisel. Both were yummy!!!
    We especially liked their plates and cups - I don't know if you can see it at the pic, but their plates are not round but square and their cups don't have typical handles...

Tower Cafe is also a restaurant. The food at the table next to ours looked as delicious as our cakes, however we didn't get a chance to try it as the following day the hill was closed for visitors because of the ski jumping competition.

• Architecture
    • Adventure Travel

• tessy's Profile Photo

Cafe im Turm (Panorama Cafe): What a fantastic view

by tessy Written Jan 1, 2004

Panorama caf��

When we visited bergisel skijumping stadion, we didn't intend to visit the panorama café. But we entered, just to know how it is inside. Just in that moment, the people on the table just in front of the café left - and - I ran there and sat down. Believe me, it was worth to go there, just the best place in the café. And when we got our drinks, a young austrian team began the training - wow!

Favorite Dish: I didn't eat anything, only took a capuccino. They also offer excellent milk shakes.

• Skiing and Boarding

• Cafe im Turm: Views and cakes at the skijumping hill

by sabsi Updated Jul 9, 2003

The bar is behind the windows on the left

The bar on top of the new skijumping hill "Bergisel" provides you with excellent views over Innsbruck and down the jump. With its very stylish design and the tasty looking cakes it was my favourite place for a drink.

Favorite Dish: The cakes looked absolutely gorgeous. As we went here shortly after breakfast we only had a drink though!

• bchbabe15's Profile Photo

Cafe on top of the Ski Jump: Is the view worth it?

by bchbabe15 Updated Jul 2, 2003

View of the ramp

Ok so the view is pretty good but I had the most expensive melange in Innsbruck! The waitstaff was not the nicest- maybe I got them on a bad day- but I would skip the cafe and just go to the top for a free view without the snotiness

• s-e-n-i's Profile Photo

The panorama café: Like on the top of the world...

by s-e-n-i Updated Jan 16, 2003

njami ;-)

On the top of the ski jumping hill there's built a restaurant with a view on the whole city!!
    We had just a drink and a delicious cake, so I can't say much about the food, but if it tastes as it looks like... mmmmmm... :)))
    On the top of the restaurand there's a terrace you can go out to and have a panorama view of Innsbruck and mountains around it. ufff... if you like hights, it's perfect place for you. It's open just from 9 a.m. till 5 p.m., and there's fee to be paid to entrance the stadium 6€ for adults and 3€ for children 6-14 years old, but it's rentable for evenings. So... planning a party in Innsbruck??? Perfect place for you.. :)

Favorite Dish: cakes mmmmmm... :))))

• s-e-n-i's Profile Photo

are we in heaven, or...?? ;-)

by s-e-n-i Written Jun 8, 2003

Nykaenen and me in the very same restaraunt on the top of the jumping hill... sourunded by clouds...

• Bigs's Profile Photo

Panorama Cafe: High over Innsbruck

by Bigs Written Feb 6, 2003

Bea having a look at the panorama

Inside of the skijumping tower you will find this modern ,stylish cafe and bar... It´s a must to come up here for a drink. The food also did look nice....

Instant Answers: Innsbruck

Comments

Hotels Near Cafe im Turm (Panorama Cafe)
4.0 out of 5 stars