Kitzbühel Sports & Outdoors

• Tristkogel from the other side of the pass
    Tristkogel from the other side of the...
    the summit
    a view down the valley

Most Recent Sports & Outdoors in Kitzbühel

• iaint's Profile Photo

Tristkogel

by iaint Written Sep 15, 2011
    the summit

The purpose of our trip was to go hiking in the Alps. The plan was 2 day trips.

First day we set off from our hütte after breakfast and headed uphill towards Tristkogel - a 2095m peak. We had lunch by a little lake at 2,000m. Then the 2 adults left the 2 teenagers at “summit camp” to tackle the final assault.

It’s a tricky ascent in a couple of places, and just very steep in others. But we got there - a great sense of achievement for me - and rewarded with wonderful views from the summit.

Oberkaseralm is worth a stop on the way back for beer and food.

I was exhausted by the time we got down - a combination of the exertion and the slightly thinner air - but then it was a 5.5 hour hike. Anyway, a good excuse for a schnapps and a beer before my shower.

The next day it dawned very misty and heavy rain started over breakfast, so our plans had to be abandoned.

Equipment: Normal hiking boots and other gear, depending on the season.

• Hiking and Walking
    • Mountain Climbing

• PetraG's Profile Photo

Worldcup race

by PetraG Written Feb 18, 2004

Wilder Kaiser mountains

Once a year in late january the famous downhill-ski-worldcup races are held here in Kitzbühel. It's great to watch it life, but you have to come early in the morning to get a good place. Every year about 7000 people come here to watch the races. You should book a room early or you wont get one!!!

Equipment: If you like skiing yourself, the Kitzbühel mountains and the Wilder Kaiser mountains offer a big variety and hundrets of possibilities to do skiing, snowboarding etc. The Wilder Kaiser ski area next to Kitzbühel is the biggest skiing area in Austria.

• Slager6's Profile Photo

Rodeln

by Slager6 Updated May 20, 2003

Besides skiing and snowboarding, there is also rodeling. Rodeling is comparable to tobogganing, but i think that it is a little different. I went rodeling in Innsbruck too, but i definately enjoyed the Rodelnbahn in Kitzbuehl better! Normally when you go rodeling, you have to walk up the Rodelbahn (slope), which can take forever! In Innsbruck, it took about an hour or 2 to hike up, pulling my Rodel (toboggan) behind me. It may be cold at first, but the hike up definately warmed me up......a little too much. In Kitzbuehl, instead of hiking up the slope for 2 hrs, there was a ski lift to take me to the top!! This place even had lights on the slopes and stayed open into the night!! Definately a fun experience, so try it if you have a chance!!

• Adventure Travel

• maryamy's Profile Photo

Ski your heart out

by maryamy Written May 17, 2003

Fantastic area to ski or snowboard, with all sorts of levels of difficulty. It is varied and fun. I went here for my first ski trip and loved it. It is where Hakenheim downhill races take place. The Kitzbhuler horn is no easier, not for me at least.

• glampronikos's Profile Photo

ski is the best

by glampronikos Written Jun 4, 2007

very good area to ski ...i love it and the facilities r only 5 min walk from every hotel i love it

Equipment: bring ur ski and ur boots cause u got a lot to do

• Skiing and Boarding
    • Luxury Travel

Instant Answers: Kitzbühel

Comments

Kitzbühel Sports & Outdoors

Reviews and photos of Kitzbühel sports & outdoors posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Kitzbühel sightseeing.