Kufstein Restaurants

Splendid Schnitzel
    Splendid Salad

Best Rated Restaurants in Kufstein

• pocketpiglet's Profile Photo

Cafe Hell: Bring some change or else!

by pocketpiglet Updated Jul 15, 2006

Cafe Hell (right)

The cake was excellent, the day was sunny, the tables were facing the river, toilets were clean, everything was nice, the only thing in need of improvement was the humour of the lady serving us. When we asked for the bill she demanded the exact change. We only had 20 euro bills with us. She was not having it! We were sorry, but we didn't have the exact amount. She was very upset about this, and threw our change back at us in a silly manner. Not plannint to return here and face bad manners again. Will try some other Cafe next time.

Gasthof Tiroler Hof: Kulinarium

Great Soup

The restaurant is within the hotel I stayed in when visiting Kufstein for a conference. I had spent the day out and had decided not to attend the gala dinner, instead I returned to the hotel. I freshened up and then dined in.

The service was good, great menu and all the cooking is done by the owner; one of them at least as it is a family owned hotel - Family Fahringer.

Favorite Dish: Pressknödelsuppe mit Röstzwiebel und Parmesan

Wiener Schnitzel vom Milchkalb mit Petersilkartoffeln und gemischtem Salat

__________________________________________________________________

As for breakfast they do good eggs and have a fine cold selection of food.

• gordonilla's Profile Photo

Müller's Cafe: Sunday breakfast available, but I had cake!

Exterior (1)

I had arrived at the station quite a head of time, so had a final walk around the city centre, and crossed the river then found the cafe. It was busy, but I found a table with no trouble at all.

There is a smoking and non smoking section - however you should note that to get to the toilets you will need to cross the smoking area and use the elevator.

Favorite Dish: They offer a wide selection of cakes, offer a good eating menu and great coffee.

• Auracher Loechl: A great tourist trap

by sabsi Updated Feb 28, 2006

I was warned that Auracher Loechl is a real tourist trap. As I like those we came here for dinner and I wasn't disappointed. The only characteristic which didn't fit into the whole tourist trap theme here was the quality of the food which was absolutely wonderful!

Apart from that there was everything a real tourist trap in Austria needs: Waitresses in Dirndl dresses, a man with a guitar and a filthy mind at the next table singing with the guests (mostly his lyrics to the old tunes were not really suitable for children ;), a cosy atmosphere which made you feel like being on top of a mountain, a great location in the old town of Kufstein as well as the usual Schnitzel menu.

Favorite Dish: I had a traditional Wiener Schnitzel which was probably the best I have ever had. It was very tender and had this great taste of butter... absolutely gorgeous! As a desert we had "Apfelr?der", slices of apple battered and fried with icecream and lots of cinnamon. Very tasty as well!

• desert_princess's Profile Photo

Weinhaus Batzenhausl: Highly Recommended

by desert_princess Updated Oct 24, 2005

Weinhaus at Auracher

Here you can see the entrance of the "Weinhaus" - a local austrian tavern .Sprung out of some farytale about travellers and brigands. Delicious austrian food of course, in a traditional wooden "Stube" atmosphere.
    Highly Recommended !!!

• Architecture
    • Wine Tasting

Festungswirtschaft: A meal in the Fortress

by gordonilla Written Jan 28, 2012

Looking out of the window

It was snowing heavily, and was becoming colder. I walked around the fortress, and thought I should have something to eat. I found the Festungswirtschaft, and after a little bot of a frosty greeting from the staff things warmed up.

The service was good, great menu and the food was just what I needed.

Favorite Dish: Soup, any of the warm main meals and of course the apple strudel!

Coffee was good too.

• Gizdavetz's Profile Photo

Auracher Löchl: Great inn with local charm

by Gizdavetz Written Nov 5, 2010

This place has been open every day for the past over 600 years!

You can sample delicious European and local dishes, and the draft ale they offer is simply superb.

Instant Answers: Kufstein

Comments

Kufstein Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Kufstein restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Kufstein sightseeing.